Skyrim patch downloading right NOW (pc)

SHO3LACE

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I backed up my TESV.exe before applying the patch, it's now back in game folder with the 4GB patch applied, Steam will be going into offline mode now.

I'm lucky. As I got internet only rarely when I first bought Skyrim (when I felt like lugging my huge pc all the way to my basement for a wired connection by the router), I downloaded Skyrim from the disk instead of Steam and started Steam only in offline mode. It was a pain at the time, but now It's allowed me to avoid updating my game with the patch. I'll download a patch evenutally- I'm sure that future mods will require it. (simply because most people who would download mods have the patch) But I'll be waiting until the issues are worked out.

Someone had posted a Fixed .exe with the LAA fix, but Nexus took it down for some reason. Guess because its illegal to post the .exe file or something? Hopefully someone updates the LAA program to apply the fix to this .exe version

newvegas had a script extender so there's no reason to think why skyrim won't have one.

NV was Steam based, but didn't have encrypted executable (which is what we just got), but SE should work, because it theoretically injects after the game is running.

But things like 4gb fix do not have that privilege.

Unless the script extender devs have access to the source code, which they most certainly don't, in order for them to make the extender they'll first have to disassemble the executable to figure out which addresses to patch. It can probably still be done, but the process will be so much more tedious. Even if someone is willing to devote the time and effort, it'll still mean much longer wait for SE after each patch, and most likely lesser stability as well.

I never log into Steam. So maybe I won't get it. Hopefully everything gets straightened out by the time the patch comes out.

I'm surprised there aren't any news articles about this.

All the other old articles got nuked. I saw a few go down. I'm not sure why they were taken down. Maybe Bethesda or Steam are trying to cover up how much damage they caused.

Someone had posted a Fixed .exe with the LAA fix, but Nexus took it down for some reason. Guess because its illegal to post the .exe file or something? Hopefully someone updates the LAA program to apply the fix to this .exe version

You can't modify the EXE AT ALL because of Steam's CEG.

Someone claims New Vegas's 4GB Patch method of making the game large address aware works with this protection, but I converted it to Skyrim myself and it gives the same error.

It's possibly (maybe even probable) that I simply did it wrong, but I'm giving my input just in case I didn't.

I never log into Steam. So maybe I won't get it. Hopefully everything gets straightened out by the time the patch comes out.

I'm surprised there aren't any news articles about this.

All the other old articles got nuked. I saw a few go down. I'm not sure why they were taken down. Maybe Bethesda or Steam are trying to cover up how much damage they caused.

I think it's just Valve - this sort of thing smacks of them. En plus, Todd Howard stated that Skyrim on Steam wouldn't use an encrypted .exe, so it seems unlikely that this is anything other than Valve being corporate about DRM