ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Help on merging 1 master and 1 plugin file

I have a problem. I made a mod which changes the prices of all the books in Morrowind, and it doesn't go well with Book Rotate, which is a master file. They both have References to the same books, and Prices mod seems to takes precedence over Book Rotate - new prices are there but Book Rotate doesn't work. I have tried a few solutions which didn't quite work out:

1. First I tried to change the load order but, as Book Rotate is a master, it always loads first so no result there.

2. I tried merging with TesTool, but as it only affects the books that are Referenced in both mods, it basically just makes a Third mod that is more or less a copy of Prices mod. So if I use Book Rotate + Third mod, the result is the same, and if I use just the Third mod, Book Rotate doesn't work cause there are no Scripts that are contained in Book Rotate.

3. When all that failed, I was ready to edit the Book Rotate mod and manually add all the prices there, but when I try to Save, it tries to save a new mod and not edit Book Rotate mod.

I have no more ideas and I have googled a lot but, Book Rotate being a master file seems to always get in my way, so I thought maybe someone here is more experienced and can help? Thanks in advance.

Three ideas:

Load up CS, select Bethesda masters and Book Rotate. Make mod. Mod is dependent on BR and changes are made to the BR-altered books.

Try CS' Merge Masters function (you need to add your current Windows account name into morrowind.ini under WhoCanMerge=) with BR and your mod. Hopefully that will merge both ESM and ESP. Then you could use tes3cmd to clean the plugin (maybe need to add BR as a master), so only your records in there.

Look up Smartmerger on Morrowind Modding History.

Yes! The first thing worked, making the new mod have BR as Master. It works for the fresh mod, and I can alter the prices and it all works together. Curiously enough, I couldn't just add that BR-dependancy to original Prices mod that already had the values, they still clashed? I can't see the difference between the two but it doesn't matter, mentioning it just for the sake of argument. Thank you very much Dragon32, I'm new to construction set and this was un unsolvable beast for me xD...

Book Rotate adds a script (to rotate the books) for all books which don't have a script attached (some have 'em for quests etc.)

So as you're original mod was made with just the Beth ESMs those scripts weren't added to the book records in your ESP.