ENB or Texture Packs

Mclarenz

I have this slight dilemma of installing or not an ENB. At the moment, the mods that visualy change my game are Vivid Weathers, Darker Nights and Langleys HD Textures Workshop. The game looks great and everything runs at 60fps; but I feel like it could be better. The thing is that I never used an ENB before, and I'm not sure if it's worth in my case. Will the ENB be too much for my PC ? Should I ditch or keep the texture pack, even with an ENB installed ? In case some are wondering, I'm thinking on installing the Grim Wolf ENB.

My pc specs:

- Intel i5-4460

- Gigabyte Radeon R9 390

- 8GB RAM

- Windows 10 64bit

there are lots of enb. some setting dont need power pc. some hit hard .

for me , i cant stand fallout 4 without enb+dof . texture help too and enb help with lighting.

i think it s not hard to try it yourself.

because when people said some enb is good but when i installed them, i think its suck and i dont blame anyone too.

its just my taste

In my experience, using ENB has visually revved up my game. That being said, my 'puter has the ponies to run it. (I5 4690) My video card is a 4Gb GTX 970. I just installed another 8Gb of system RAM to help out there. I run ENB v0307 plus the Enhanced Wasteland preset & ReShade package. I also have a bucketload of higher res texture packs, plus visual enhancements wherever they make sense. What ENB really does is amps up the overall lighting, shadows, FX for it & coloring scheme of the game using presets & reshade packages. I've seen realistic lightning bolts flashing during radstorms, and 10 minutes later been in the woods out by Abernathy farm seeing bright sunshine and puffy summer clouds. During a rainstorm, my toon's clothes will actually look wet. I have slowdowns like everyone else, but my game usually runs nice and smooth. I suggest you head over to the ENB website and check out some of the screenshots players have posted. I had my jaw drop on more than a couple occasions. Along with that, the forums have a ton of tips & tweaks to help make your experience good.

http://enbdev.com/index_en.html

Edited by parrotheada1a

Even if you don't run an ENB, I'd recommend using ENBoost if you have performance/stuttering/FPS issues. Little tweaking there (forced VRAM to 8,000, for some reason anything over 9,000 actually makes lag worse) and in the game's files (mostly reducing shadow distance and perma-disabling godrays), and my laptop (17-5700HQ, 3 gig 970M, 16 gigs RAM) doesn't dip below 45 FPS even in the heart of Boston, despite running ReGrowth, Vivid Weathers, Darker Nights and a few good retextures.

Well I've tried different ENBs and was never really completely impressed by any of them. Some were ok and other not so much. Recently I've been using this and so far it's been pretty good. It's not actually an ENB but a Reshade / SweetFX preset... It's called FO4 Blurriness Remover. Makes my game look pretty nice. Plus it's real easy to get it installed. Just follow the instructions that are straight forward.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3294/?

I tried several ENBs. All had some performance hit, some more than others. They really do greatly improve the look of the game though. Unfortunately they all had one thing in common though, no matter what memory settings I used they all caused stuttering and random CTD. Admittedly my laptop is a few years old, but it's certainly not a slug (i7 4700HQ, 24gb ram, and 4gb GTX780). So I gave up on ENBs and installed a ReShade preset instead, Grim Wolf Brotherhood of Steel. It doesn't look as good as the ENBs I tried, but still looks much better than the vanilla game. Best of all, no noticeable performance hit, and no random CTD.

I've also modded just about every texture in the game, as well as adding grass and leaves to trees.

Edited by RedDog6911