Do you plan to switch to Skryim remastered/special edition?

Crossforge

Are you planning to play Skyrim Remastered/Special Edition?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be making the switch?

• Yes, I'll be switching over
    • No, I'm planning to stick to the older version

I saw some remastered threads but nothing that just comes out and asks this question. And I thought it be nice to have a poll so that modders can see what their users are planning to do.

So will you be making the switch?

Myself, I plan to stick with what I got, don't want to start over, it runs ok now for the most part, and I'm not sure my system can handle a brand spanking new version anyway. It can't do DOOM as it is.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. I use minimal mods to begin with, and what I do use are mostly higher resolutin visuals, which are going to be less update-dependant than something like SkyUI (which, personally, I can't stand). With an updated 64 bit engine and better base line graphics and performance, there's no reason for someone like me to keep using the older version, especially since I'll be getting it automatically.

Main reason I bought Fallout 4 on pc (already had it on xbox one) was to prepare for what a 64 bit version of Skyrim will be like for pc. I really like Skyrim and have always wanted a 64 bit version. Playing Fallout 4 with a crapton of mods and never crashing or having to deal with memory issues due to the game's 32 bit limit is awesome. It gives me a real good idea of what I can expect as Skyrim SE progresses through the months after release and more awesome mods come out or it gets ported over.

I've just got started in creating my own mods for Fallout 4 and by the time Skyrim SE comes out I'd really like to make some swords and stuff for it too. If I have time I'd like to play both and make mods for both but Skyrim is definitely my favorite of the two if I had to choose.

I will wait until the modding community gets everything sorted out.

SKSE and mods that require MCM menu.

Until all that is sorted i will be sticking with good ol 32 bit skyrim. So not voting because the answer isnt a simple yes or no.

Well you can always change your vote, I've set up the poll so people can change their minds.

Absolutely. I use minimal mods to begin with, and what I do use are mostly higher resolutin visuals, which are going to be less update-dependant than something like SkyUI (which, personally, I can't stand). With an updated 64 bit engine and better base line graphics and performance, there's no reason for someone like me to keep using the older version, especially since I'll be getting it automatically.

Main reason I bought Fallout 4 on pc (already had it on xbox one) was to prepare for what a 64 bit version of Skyrim will be like for pc. I really like Skyrim and have always wanted a 64 bit version. Playing Fallout 4 with a crapton of mods and never crashing or having to deal with memory issues due to the game's 32 bit limit is awesome. It gives me a real good idea of what I can expect as Skyrim SE progresses through the months after release and more awesome mods come out or it gets ported over.

I've just got started in creating my own mods for Fallout 4 and by the time Skyrim SE comes out I'd really like to make some swords and stuff for it too. If I have time I'd like to play both and make mods for both but Skyrim is definitely my favorite of the two if I had to choose.

It's Bethesda though, odds are the new version will still crash, and likely have problems with graphics if Fallout 4 is any indication.