Do you plan to switch to Skryim remastered/special edition?

Crossforge

Are you planning to play Skyrim Remastered/Special Edition?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be making the switch?

• Yes, I'll be switching over
    • No, I'm planning to stick to the older version

I couldn't be bother Read all the posts so don't Known If This As Been Posted

but rumors is

You can have both, it a separate installation

No idea if that True but why let that get way.

they will be separate and if you own Skyrim already you will get it for free otherwise you have to pay for it. the thing is why bother having both? the vanilla game is bland so without mods it isnt worth even installing. that is pretty much what the "haters" are saying and i agree with them even though i plan to use the new one... though seriously why didnt they update one of their previous games? like you know Morrowind?

Because why not?

I actually plan on using the SE to mess around in the CK, while I actively play the original. At least until modding the SE can get up to where the original is (if it ever does)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually plan on using the SE to mess around in the CK, while I actively play the original. At least until modding the SE can get up to where the original is (if it ever does)

They said mods should work (enb and SKSE should not) so it will be in the same state or a bit later on.

though seriously why didnt they update one of their previous games? like you know Morrowind?

Cus other than Skyrim, the older ones are dated as hell in terms of everything and aged badly. Like honestly, did you try playing morrowind after skyrim or anything else from the 2005+? I dont mean it visuals, it whole. Controls, ai, UI etc.

So some textures and shaders wont cut it, you need to change it whole, add to the fact Skyrim has a bigger player base, a bigger modding scene and it not that dated.

They said mods should work (enb and SKSE should not) so it will be in the same state or a bit later on.

though seriously why didnt they update one of their previous games? like you know Morrowind?

Cus other than Skyrim, the older ones are dated as hell in terms of everything and aged badly. Like honestly, did you try playing morrowind after skyrim or anything else from the 2005+? I dont mean it visuals, it whole. Controls, ai, UI etc.

So some textures and shaders wont cut it, you need to change it whole, add to the fact Skyrim has a bigger player base, a bigger modding scene and it not that dated.

esp/esm will need to be opened on the new Ck before being loaded in the new game texture/mesh mods should be compatible without anywork.

Skyrim was easy to update because the actual core of the game engine is still the same. Oblivion and Morrowind had completely different engines.

i get that. yes, i have played the older games in the last couple years. my whole point is i would have rather heard they are planning to re-release one of their older titles then a re-release of Skyrim.

I will wait until the modding community gets everything sorted out.

SKSE and mods that require MCM menu.

Until all that is sorted i will be sticking with good ol 32 bit skyrim. So not voting because the answer isnt a simple yes or no.

Well you can always change your vote, I've set up the poll so people can change their minds.

That still doesn't make your poll questions correct.

Perhaps I'm an odd duck in this situation, but I plan to at least try to switch over to the new Skyrim and then subsequently attempt to reduce its graphical requirements as low as possible to see if it runs on this fossil of a laptop.

The Skyrim I have now already has difficulty running on my folding potato, but...why not try anyways? Sheogorath would approve, no doubt. :laugh: