Guys who play girl characters

theonecrisco

I am male and play both genders race-specific. I use females for the elven races, except Orc, and males for humanoid and beast races, except Nord, where I play females with light armor and males with heavy armor specialization. I might make exceptions to it, based on if the character is more list, combat or magic focused, because I think, that combat is better suited to male characters (those slender arms of females look weird to me when wielding massive swords), and I think (no pun intended) that list is naturally better suited for female characters.

I am using body and skin texture mods, but I prefer females to not look like immature babes, but more the sturdy, rural and mature type, which you would find in nordic climates. A climate like that does not allow for the tall and skinny type (which can be found in hot regions), but is better suited for the bulkier body shapes. So I keep the weight slider to the right, even with females, because this just suits the climate of Skyrim better and adds to my immersion. Females are per se sexy to me, they do not need to look like babes, which is anyway less attractive to me.

Edited by Ragosch

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That being said I love playing females in MMOs when I do play them from time to time. You wouldn't believe the amount of high level gear and hard to get crafting materials you can get just by giggling and typing /dance in the console. :D Lots of horny people on those games.

This is one of the reasons, I never play female characters in MMOs. I want to play the game myself, and not be stuffed with stuff, where I did not put in any effort to acquire those. What is the point of playing a game, when I would get all effortless anyway?

I play as both male and female characters. It partly depends on aesthetics and visuals of the game I am playing as sometimes certain races and genders just look plain bad. I also tend to have a mindset for my characters when I make them and some times it is a rugged male soldier of fortune, back woods hunter, etc. and other times it is a pretty young woman turned vengeful assassin or sorceress. I don't full blown role play my characters but I still have a general theme and sometimes that theme involves the character being female. I am also a big time lore and immersion tard so my characters look the part for the game they are in (dirt, scars, knappy hair, etc.) I do make my characters somewhat "pretty" or "handsome" but I don't doll them up with modern cosmetics, hair, and clothing. For example I have a Female Nord Ranger type character and I do have mods and some "slider fu" that makes her easy on the eyes but she has no make up, scar on her face, plain hair in a practical ponytail, and is in full practical leather armor and mail. She is beautiful by medieval harsh life standards not 2012 downtown LA I work at Starbucks and just had a boob job standards.

I think the topic though was more aimed at the people with supermodel like characters and play exclusively them. To each there own I say. However if I were to analyze it from my point of view I would say they are mostly female players and they see the game as more of an artistic expression. They find the female figure more appealing in its form as most of us do regardless of gender or sexual orientation and I don't want to say dress up per say as that sounds insulting but they get their "fun" (<--- vague abstract word I hate using) from expressing creativity upon a virtual avatar. I am sure some people are just drooling creeps but it is unjust to throw people in that camp unless you really know them.

I wouldn't say that myself....as a woman I find the male body much more beautiful and attractive than the female body...thus why I guess I am physically attracted to men, not women.... :tongue: ...I play a male Dovahkin for two reasons, yup, I like looking at him (am a third person player, I have never been able to play in first person, I find it very disorientating)...and I like the whole big strong hero kinda deal.

And I disagree with above poster Nathanj, just because I as a female play a male and in third person doesn't make me less inclined to RP....He has a detailed back story, as distinctive a personality as the dialogs,etc...allow, a firm moral code...he eats twice a day, drinks regularly (I use a mod that offers more than just alcohol), he sleeps reasonable hours every night, bathes, never fast travels, doesn't swig a potion mid sword swing....and this is all done without mods enforcing it....I'm RP'ing him.

I think I just fell in love with you. :wub:

I used Frostfall, TRO, Scenic Carriages, only fast travel with carriages. :D

You aren't really disagreeing with me though. Are you playing yourself or just RPing someone else. I would love it if Shephard had to repair his gear and when he was on the ship you could eat at the galley for some buff of some kind...........but it would still be Shephard and not me. You have to make the distinction between RPing you yourself or RPing an avatar. When I play my Orc guy even though it is in first person I have to put myself into the mindset of an Orc. Thankfully that is very easy because every possible issue that comes up can be solved with my two handed warhammer. :D When I played an Altmer I always picked the snidest remarks because everyone knows that Altmer are conceited jackasses. When I play myself as one of the human races I make the decisions that I myself would make. Even my goody goody gumdrops Paladin is fairly mercenary as I always push for rewards first when they pop up in the dialogues......why? Because that is how I would be in real life. I am NOT going into that dungeon until I know exactly what I am getting for a reward and if possible I want half up front. :P

My Dovahkin and I share what I really can't do...such as the TG and the DB....But other than that his personality and moral code is his own...The background I gave him is very tribal (an isolated Nordish tribe hailing from the mountain region between Skyrim, Hammerfell and Cyrodiil)...and so I try to think about how a Tribal Warrior may see the world and base his actions and decisions on that...he is honorable, if he agrees to something he will see it through, doesn't shirk his responsibilities and doesn't beat up on civilians, though he will intimidate them.... but yes like yours, if the 'reward me first' option is there he will take it....He is a harsh one eyed judge and punisher, he see's the world in black and white, there are no in between's....and I wouldn't want to be between him and his target, he is a supreme executioner of those he considers in the wrong...failed the intimidate option so killed the Riften Gate Guard for trying to shake him down...the Guard was a thief....I have plans in the works at the moment to set all the TG members as non-essential as Kane (my Nord) is going on a killing spree and wiping Riften clean of that filth and no quarter will be given....their thieves, they die, no two ways about it....I am also trying to decide at the moment if he is going to kill Serena, she won't give up her vampirism...Kane's opinion, the only good vamp is a dead vamp....I have been given the console code to have her go and cure her vampirism, but I'm not sure if I will use it yet...am trying to decide what Kane would do...I also have the Mercy mod to give his decisions to spare or kill more meaning, gives me more control over his RP'ing than the vanilla game allowed....he rarely spares....I wouldn't class him as evil, he is just very unforgiving and one eyed.

Me, I am much more of a Paragade Shepard (not quite as naive as the Paragon)...I'm very analytical, question everything, see grey shades in everything, can't kill one small spider (don't like taking life) and am over all a real softey....I can understand hard decisions, but I don't know how many I would be able to swallow and see through.....Overall Kane and I don't have a great deal in common.

Will have to tell hubby I have an online sweetheart huh.... :biggrin:

I thought Frosty was a guy. Probably because of the snow man.

Just checked again....nope, no extra junk down there, am definitely female.... :tongue: .... :biggrin:

In that case, you don't belong in this thread.

Haha, j/k.

I thought Frosty was a guy. Probably because of the snow man.

Just checked again....nope, no extra junk down there, am definitely female.... :tongue: .... :biggrin:

In that case, you don't belong in this thread.

Haha, j/k.

I'm female, thus I'm nosey and it's my born female prerogative to give my opinion on EVERYTHING.... :biggrin:

Edited by StayFrosty05

I don't belong in this thread either. I'm a guy who plays as a guy, and I make my female follower do all the killing for me. If I had a couple more female followers, I'd be like the male lion in a pride who doesn't do anything.