Female Dragonborns?

Lehcar

On topic: I am sad that more female dragonborn aren't covered in the lore :(

As for the other topic: While it may be true that men are physically stronger as the typical default, the default has been leveling out for a long while. Typically, yes, men can take a bit more of a beating and dish a bit more of one out. There is something that most people never seem to mention though when this topic comes up: Women have a much faster reaction time to sudden events on average. The can attack and get out of the way quicker. Also, the eyes: men's eyes are leaned more towards spatial awareness, while a woman's is leaned more towards color differential. Essentially, men my be able to tell how far away the thing they see in their peripheral vision is quicker, but, women are more likely to notice the sudden flick of color, meaning women can avoid it easier.

But finally, and this is really important, either gender can train towards the natural leanings of the other, and become just as adept at it. It will just take more work. Neither is "better" or "worse" overall, just different biologically.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But finally, and this is really important, either gender can train towards the natural leanings of the other, and become just as adept at it. It will just take more work. Neither is "better" or "worse" overall, just different biologically.

Surely you don't mean that men can train to give birth.

i've made 4 characters so far. 3 of them female.

also, as to the whole men being stronger thing. Do remember that that's an average thing. Yes women are physically weaker ON AVERAGE. But this is an exceptional person we're talking about here. Exceptionally strong women can and do exist, and most men would cower in fear from them.

fyi, my male character is my physically weakest :P he's a pure mage. ^^ my strongest is Nanako, the strapping nord lass who bears a close resemblance to me, and swings a greatsword with the force of a thousand suns. ^_^

There's a female who helps you to fight that Aldruin dragon. Weren't all of the people there to help you fight the dragon, dragonborns? That's what I thought. Maybe I just misunderstood something.

I don't think it has as much to do with men being stronger, in the game, as much as it is old world customs where men were always gods and women just their servants. Even if there were female dragonborns, they probably would have left it out of the history books. I mean, if the game is anything like real life and real history.

There's a female who helps you to fight that Aldruin dragon. Weren't all of the people there to help you fight the dragon, dragonborns? That's what I thought. Maybe I just misunderstood something.

I don't think it has as much to do with men being stronger, in the game, as much as it is old world customs where men were always gods and women just their servants. Even if there were female dragonborns, they probably would have left it out of the history books. I mean, if the game is anything like real life and real history.

First paragraph: Delphine? No, she is not a dragonborn. She is a Blade.

Second Paragraph: No comment, except that's false. Real life does NOT apply to video games - fiction is fiction. The Greybeards say that all Dragonborns are easily forgotten if they never achieve anything. If there were other female Dragonborns ever born at all, then surely at least some of them did something to make them memorable... nobody even remembers Alessia's actual name, but they do remember the person, and that the person was a woman.

Edited by Lehcar

No, no, no...not Delphine, where you fight the final dragon, you fight with those dead people, the ghosts.  One of them is a female. And three of them are male.<br><br>And I was kind of being a smart ass with the second paragraph. But thanks for the information. <br> Edited by Pineapplerum