Site redesign - sneak peek - part 1

TheTokenGeek

IMO you should scrap everything and move to the best forum/mod site software, Jive.

For real though, it looks good, though I'm not sure how well people will take to news being more prominent when they're rushing to get to the mods.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I'd like to see is the ability to get a base mod at the top of a search. Most of the time if I search for something, say SkyUI, I see other mods and translations for several pages and it takes forever to find the actual mod.

In fact, I just tried a search for SkyUI and I didn't even come up with the main mod page in the search at all. Googling SkyUI shows the nexusmods page as the first result.

Have you guys considered the option of posting your changes after they've been tested and found to work properly? Nexus has been amazingly slow lately even with my 200 mb/s internet connection. I do understand you're working hard, but your users really shouldn't be watching the process. Good luck with it.

Has anyone noticed the slow and/or partial loads of the Nexus site recently? I am almost exclusively on F4 portions, and a good many of the mod main images on the main page for that game refuse to load. It takes a while for the site to finally consider itself complete, and there are a ton of X where mods ought to be. Cleared a lot of browser stuff, and my other sites work as intended.

In response to post #41360610.

UniversalLibrary wrote:

Has anyone noticed the slow and/or partial loads of the Nexus site recently? I am almost exclusively on F4 portions, and a good many of the mod main images on the main page for that game refuse to load. It takes a while for the site to finally consider itself complete, and there are a ton of X where mods ought to be. Cleared a lot of browser stuff, and my other sites work as intended.

I'm having that problem too, which is why I'm worried about the new bandwidth hungry layout.

I've waited for up to 2 minutes for Files to show on a mod page recently, and when switching between tabs on a mod page it can be very slow.
To the point I get frustrated and leave the page. Edited by HadToRegister

In response to post #41360365.

Degasai wrote:

I'm very happy to see that certain aspects of the site are being improved, but I have to be honest and say I do not like the tile lay out with the mod files. It reminds me a whole lot of Bethesda's mod page first off with the giant tiles and I'm just not a fan of that style. I really just prefer the tiles how they are now. Small and simple. And having the descriptions there, when people should be going to the page directly anyway, just feels like an unnecessary use of space. Titles have always felt descriptive enough for me personally. I will always support nexus either way, although I sure will miss the old layout.

This. I can live with a redesign that makes the Nexus site more user-friendly for mobile devices. I don't like it, but I can live with it...*as long as it doesn't slow down my browsing in a PC environment*! I'm on a 100 Mbps fiber-optic connection and a relatively fresh install of Win 7. Cleaned cookies in both IE and Chrome, and it has become a major PITA to go where I want to go and see what I want to see and download what I want to download. Trace routes from several different ISP's/backbones here in the U.S. show great pings until they reach your servers, Robin. Then it all goes in the tank.

10.8 million users currently, and you're changing things that don't need to be changed. When did "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" go out of style?

Degasai
Trace routes from several different ISP's/backbones here in the U.S. show great pings until they reach your servers, Robin. Then it all goes in the tank.

Well that explains my 2 minute wait times on mod pages File Sections. (I'm on 60mbps)
I've mentioned it before but got shot down by other users saying "It's fast for ME" Edited by HadToRegister