Starting a Second Character

TobyTravis

Note- The question is which is more fun, not what is more effective.

So, after reaching level 40 in my first play through (pure warrior) I have decided that whilst I would like to keep my character until level 50, I wanna start another character with a different style.

I'm considering either a pure mage or an assassin but I'm not too sure which to pick so I'll leave it to you guys to make my mind up.

So... what kind of character do you find really fun- and have you got any builds to share? And is a mage more fun than an assassin?

I think you owe it to yourself to make YOU. just play as if you're in this world. So when if you go into third person you see yourself and doesn't break immersion. It's a ton of fun to just be in the world as yourself. I always play pike that but you should try it at least once.

perhaps to be helpful, i have 4 characters atm:

1: 2-handed warrior. lv40, kicks ass. Nord

2. Pure mage. no armor, robes/clothing only. Develop all schools of magic simultaneously. High elf

3. rogue. maxed stealth and pickpocket. dual wielding dagger+sword, backstabbing tons of stuff with dagger, bow use occasionally.

4. Link, the hero of time. Wood elf, focus on archery, sword and shield. light armor. tons of fun to play.

think of what you did this playthrough, and pick a character that you'd want to use when doing everything differently. pick a different home city, different guilds, support the opposite faction in the civil war, etc.

i would say a rogue is more enjoyable than a mage. you get to stop repressing the urge and just steal everything in sight. Once your stealth is high enough, you can murder anyone you find annoying, without any consequences.

Edited by WarKirby3333

Duel-wield berserker with axe or swords is pretty fun... even if it did started to get a tad "easy" after leveling blacksmith and enchanting...

I want to try a mage character next time around who also uses greatswords. I figure it will be a little more of a challenge.

I find it impossible to decide such things. Assassin looks fun but I'm not sure on builds.

building an assassin is very simple.

1. sneak everywhere. never walk

2. beeline the Assasin's blade perk.

3. avoid combat situations early on

4. don't bother with weapon perks for a good while

5. join the thieves guild AND the dark brotherhood asap. They each give a full suit of armor that helps a rogue in entirely different ways. expect to be carrying both sets around for the rest of the game, and never wearing anything else.

6. Enchant a dagger with Soul Trap. you'll get a lot of use out of it.

Edited by WarKirby3333

I find it impossible to decide such things. Assassin looks fun but I'm not sure on builds.

5. join the thieves guild AND the dark brotherhood asap. They each give a full suit of armor that helps a rogue in entirely different ways. expect to be carrying both sets around for the rest of the game, and never wearing anything else.

What Race do you go for?

What Race do you go for?

Dunmer's probably the most naturally attuned; either of the beast races work as well. Wood Elf's good if you prefer archery. Really though, you can make anything work. I make my characters based solely off of aesthetics and I've had equally successful Nord and Imperial assassins.