Imperial VS Stormcloak

Jackal2233

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. Jarl Vignar mentions that the people of Whiterun elected him to replace Balgruuf. Ulfric himself implies that the people of Windhelm affirmed him as Jarl when he returned after his imprisonment. There isn't any more solid reference it but it seems that the appointment of Jarls and the High King through the moot is traditionally not a direct hereditary claim but there is some participation by the people. This was a practice the Empire had been interfering with, which the stormcloaks have restored.

Dengeir also mentions that the nobles of the hold voted for him to be replaced as Jarl and something similar seems to be about to happen in (empirial) Morthal.

Well I'll be...

I hope the Mods actually do checks before they ban people like this.

Yes, we do. And since Stormhammer81 has already proved that he has no respect for our rules we keep an eye on this topic.

There's someone watching us here? Now I feel embarrassed... :biggrin:

@Lithium Flower: Great job with the two documents! Can't think of anything to add to either, though we could have more Imperial supporters to provide references and such as the Stormcloak doc is way better organized in that regard.

IMPERIALS, JOIN US IN THIS QUEST! More Psyduck for maximum attention grabbing powers: :psyduck:

What do you guys think of also making a counter-argument doc for each of them? So we could have either side answering to the other's claims. And then we could ask a moderator to stick it. And then we could get to the mead hall and do a proper pagan celebration. Or is it too much work? (No reason to dismiss the party too, though.)

LadyMilla, on 22 Mar 2013 - 18:00, said:

RighthandofSithis, on 22 Mar 2013 - 17:41, said:

Well I'll be...

I hope the Mods actually do checks before they ban people like this.

Yes, we do. And since Stormhammer81 has already proved that he has no respect for our rules we keep an eye on this topic.

Do you mind if I ask what these checks are? I'd imagine you check the IP address of the account, and ban him from there.

sisterof, on 23 Mar 2013 - 04:10, said:

Big Brother is always watching... :ohdear:

Edited by RighthandofSithis

We have several ways to check to see who people are, though we do not do them as a matter of course. It is not our intent to micro-manage or to play "spy" on folks (and I ain't got time for that!) As moderators we have less access to information than admin's (who still only have certain info...for example passwords on this site are encrypted and not even Dark0ne knows passwords or has access to them) and I have never seen anyone's personal information on this site that they didn't post themselves. We also so not just ban someone based on a hunch.

That being said when we have someone that thumbs their nose at the rules, harasses moderators and other members of this site....then is arrogant enough to come back each time to post in the exact topic which got them in trouble to begin (and at this point it doesn't matter what he post)...well yeah...we kinda take a passing interest in that. I don't lose sleep over it nor do I "camp" this topic but I check periodically as do a few others I imagine. Its our job, after all. Though I am glad to see you all are doing well in this thread and having a viable, mature debate.~Lisnpuppy

@Lithium Flower: Great job with the two documents! Can't think of anything to add to either, though we could have more Imperial supporters to provide references and such as the Stormcloak doc is way better organized in that regard.

IMPERIALS, JOIN US IN THIS QUEST! More Psyduck for maximum attention grabbing powers: :psyduck:

What do you guys think of also making a counter-argument doc for each of them? So we could have either side answering to the other's claims. And then we could ask a moderator to stick it. And then we could get to the mead hall and do a proper pagan celebration. Or is it too much work? (No reason to dismiss the party too, though.)

I have tried to include all the main imperial arguments that I tend to come across but admittedly the document is briefer than the stormcloak one. That said, please if anyone can think of anything to add or if anyone has something to contribute like RHoS did, I'd love to review it and incorporate it in either document. Same goes for the counter-arguments.

The main idea of the document is not to summarise all pages of discussion we've had in this thread but to serve as an FAQ on the Civil War dilemma for the newbie or lay person. Quickly bring them up to speed so we don't keep rehashing points.