Imperial VS Stormcloak

Jackal2233

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we steer away from American politics considering it will result in heated discussions. But thats just me. If you guys want to discuss it, I cant stop you, but Ill have no part in it.

I only made a legitimate comparison.

I know, I caught that. I just dont want this to steer to far south. I know your good with trying to stay on topic. More than I can say for myself I think.

I just agree with the Stormcloak agenda more so that the Imperial one. You on the other hand show that you mean to secure the Empires future first then Skyrims. I put Skyrim first, and I like to point out that an Imperial victory wouldnt be good for Skyrim in the end. Thats why we are at odds with each other. We have different views. Like American Politics probably.

I know, I caught that. I just dont want this to steer to far south. I know your good with trying to stay on topic. More than I can say for myself I think.

I just agree with the Stormcloak agenda more so that the Imperial one. You on the other hand show that you mean to secure the Empires future first then Skyrims. I put Skyrim first, and I like to point out that an Imperial victory wouldnt be good for Skyrim in the end. Thats why we are at odds with each other. We have different views. Like American Politics probably.

No .

We have different opinions like politics. Period.

With all due respect, I'm sure your grandad wouldn't like you be so insulting as to say that we stormcloaks are crybabies.

And could you please explain how I have been aggressive? I'm more than willing to hear you out. In fact, I'd prefer to hear you out and try to settle this like adults, than bring a moderator into this.

lol Oh I see. So Sithis way or we call the moderator. Typical. So typical of the internet nowadays. So when someone finally stands up to you guys, on your level then we have to go run for the modertor to silence them. How exactly is it that you guys fight for freedom again? You can go get whoever you want, but somewhere deep down inside, you don't want to resolve this like men. A real man would have never made a statement like that and tried to drag a neutral party into solving your problems for you. You kids want the world on your terms, well the world doesn't work like that. You have to think, you have to use your head, you have to be real. And people can tell when you're a fake, when you're an imposter. I haven't done anything wrong and if the Nexus gives in to you banning me over this, after all the things that I've seen you guys post, then it ain't much of a website. Seems like a pretty well run site though. I like a lot of the mods on here and the design of the interface(s) is really neat. So far, I've heard nothing but a lot of Good things about this place and I've read through most of the rules and everything so they seem to have integrity. Unlike some Stormlcoaks I've seen running around here.

Well General Tullius or I mean Stormhammer81...since you have made a new account (which is against the rules that you find have so much integrity) and have done nothing with it but come to the same thread and posted the same diatribes (along with the same aggressive, personal attacks that got you in trouble three times before....Lady Milla has banned you. Any other accounts you make will be banned as soon as we find them. You have run out of all chances.~Lisnpuppy

I've only missed a couple pages and this thread is pressing the brink of getting off topic. Comparing the Skyrim Civil War to American history is a valid comparison, but let's not allow such comparisons to bring up American politics as the main topic. Keep focused on the topic at hand or make a new thread. It's that simple.

I like how everyone here's stated their beliefs on how the war's gone, but I think it's gotten to a point of modus vivendi, so if the thread's reached its peak, let it end nobly instead of with assholes getting banned and everyone else in a fluster.

I must agree and disagree with Jaradin.

Agree because, as I think I mentioned the first time I came here, I don't see reason to keep going over the same arguments. There is no right side, it's utterly pointless to try to demonize or sanctify either. Both have excellent reasons, or we wouldn't have intelligent people on both sides (both ingame and in the fanbase). It's a sad slip when things start to get personal - "Stormcloaks are emotional", "Imperials are real life conservative" - just citing examples, I'm quite aware both people who made those remarks explicitly said they didn't mean "all" of each group were this or that. If someone has exhausted arguments, heard all the other side has to say, and made his choice - great, agreeing to disagree is a perfectly valid outcome of a debate.

And I disagree with Jaradin because I don't think the thread has reached its peak. Maybe because I'm new and only read so many pages, but I'm genuinely enjoying the points brought up by both sides. Several people have different ideas about what would happen in this scenario or that scenario, and several of them are excellent points. In the end, we simply cannot know because there's no word from Bethesda, but I hope the developers use this much creativity to give us a consistent outcome.

I'd like to point out once again that I think there are very few opinions that are idiotic, and even fewer that are simply wrong (of course, in *my* opinion). Idiotic is to make passionate, emotional accusations/defences that ridicule Empire or Stormcloaks - once again, both sides have a lot of reason for existing, ignoring this is to ignore the very game we're playing with some serious manifestation of this disease... Selective Reading. What I think is "simply wrong" (again, *my* opinion) is to assume one of the two sides is a "better option". Both options are quite about the same level of goodness and shitness. Both sides have a similarly weighted list of pros and cons. Even about fighting the Thalmor - there's no guarantee either choice would be superior simply because Bethesda may come up with something utterly different than what we expect. It's all about what your character is willing to give up, and what he's willing to fight for the most. As an example (and a simplistic one) - for some it may be walking over the inaction with the Thalmor in name of a strong unified Tamriel, for others it may be weakening the provinces to avoid being dragged down by the Empire and having a chance to fight the Thalmor directly.

Also, there are those who ally themselves with a side not only because of the Thalmor issue, but because of what they think Tamriel needs as a political system - sovereign provinces or unified empire.

All I can hope for is for Bethesda to honour our devotion to the game! :biggrin:

You on the other hand show that you mean to secure the Empires future first then Skyrims. I put Skyrim first, and I like to point out that an Imperial victory wouldnt be good for Skyrim in the end.

That depends on what you mean by the 'end'. The end to me is when the Thalmor have been subdued, by which time the WGC is not in effect. Repeating points as stated.

Unless we make non-humanoid characters, our characters would likely never see the start of hostilities with the Thalmor let alone 'the end' of them. That is unless the Thalmor started things up again, because the Empire is in no better shape militarily than they were when they signed the WGC - certainly in no position to start a war.

Unless we make non-humanoid characters, our characters would likely never see the start of hostilities with the Thalmor let alone 'the end' of them. That is unless the Thalmor started things up again, because the Empire is in no better shape militarily than they were when they signed the WGC - certainly in no position to start a war.

My dragonborn is a vampire though. :p

General Tullius and Ondolemar both allude to the war restarting soon. What exactly that means in real time is anyone's guess, but I wouldn't be surprised for it to happen within the next decade.