Skyrim Ending SPOILERS

mattc220

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
lol i took over the world using the shouts i gathered all of them rid the world of every dragon but my pet and the ones he is freinds with and they just act as nonthing happpened i took over windhelm and killed Ulfric then kill the imperail captins then took over wihte run were me and my dragn are living right now

I agree, the ending was a too uninspiring. Actually if you go back to Parthaanux's (or however you spell its name) place after the spirit of the heroes who fought with you are done cheering, you'll see a bunch of dragons flying around and they're speaking in their language, something about Alduin (probably Alduin's dead, no more mothercrapper to be afraid of, go live in peace!).There's just no real celebration. It's like the people don't even know you just saved not just their lives, but the entire existence of your world! I really would have appreciated if mages all lined up and fired magic in the sky to create fireworks for me. I really would've liked it if the Greybeards starting singing songs about me, the heroic Dragonborn. It would really have been nice if I had the choice of becoming ruler of the entire place and finally unite all the warring groups. It would also have been awesome if the love partner I have in the game shows up and says "You're so heroic, please have my children NOW!".

Dude, copypasta this into the freakin' Mod Request forum. Just all of this.

Edited by DaedalusMachina

I think after dawnguard comes out(for PC and ps3) the next DLC is going to focus on the Thalmor, maybe we'll meet some new Blades agents? ones that aren't so quick to say DRAGON!!! WHERE!!! KILL!!!

Esbern and Delphine cant be the only ones left...I mean come on, where did the grandmaster go during this whole thing?

Maybe go to the Sumerset isles (its round about the same size as the shivering isles geographically I think) and punch some Elven faces in(no offence to non Thalmor elves of course), maybe then we'll get a proper cinematic ending, with you being crowned emperor or something, maybe the elder council will just say at the end, "You will be emperor, in time, but It will take a very long time for us to organise the provinces to recognize your claim blah blah blah...

But it would be complicated however, I mean for non DB characters the emperor would have to die some how...

• 4 months later...

You could kill a dragon with a toothpick

... which is another problem with the game. I was playing at expert (not wanting to deal with the FO3 problem of nodding off while waiting for Super Mutant Overlords to die at the hardest level) as a dual-wielder, and for the last half of the game I could just run up to any enemy and power swing once or twice to kill them. If I was really worried, maybe I'd Slow Time first. Even with Alduin, all I had to do was wait for him to land and then power swing twice. Compared to games with decent combat mechanics (the Arkham Asylum series, the Demon Souls series, etc.), it was a yawner.

But, hey, there were dragons, and one of them had the power to end the world or something, so I guess that was worth the 120 hours I put into it?

So am I the only one who liked the MQ ending? It didn't have much fanfare but I think that actually kinda fits the rough-and-grim style of Skyrim. I liked the scene with the dragons and Parthuunax, and walking down the peak to to the Greybeards and having a last chat with Arngeir did give me a sense of closure. It really felt like I'd just accomplished something. More importantly, I didn't feel that I needed some huge token of aknowledgement like a giant statue or something. What mattered to my character was that for that one night, Skyrim just seemed very peaceful, and that was enough.

Yeah, people don't line up to thank you but, seriously, how many Skyrim citizens do you suppose could identify the Dragonborn on sight anyway? It's not like they have celebrity tabloids.

They should've made it more.. cinematic.

Cinematic? A Bethesda game? Surely!

What I don't get is why on earth did they allow people to actually DO the main quest before everything else.

Maybe, I dunno, they didn't want to force people to play the game a certain way when that's kinda the opposite of the main selling point?

Edited by Relativelybest

Considering most of Skyrim doesn't even know the legend about Alduin destroying the world, the lack of celebration doesn't seem problematic. There are still plenty of Dragons about, and few of the Jarls even know the signifigance of Alduin, let alone the general public. This isn't like Morrowind, where Vivec proclaims you a living saint, or Oblivion, where the Elder Council names you hero. In Skyrim, you, the Blades, and the Greybeards are really the only ones who know whats going on. 7 recluses do not a party make.

Also... Dark Souls? Good combat? That was the single most frusterating game i ever wasted money on... I don't for the life of me understand why people like it so much... Then again, Dead Island still gets good reviews for some outlandish reason.