Skyrim Ending SPOILERS

mattc220

Yet the semi-literate Nord who wrote Alduin is Real knew of Alduin's defeat in the Dragon War, and Tale of the Tongues was part of the repetoire of the bards. We persuaded Balgruuf of the need to capture a dragon by informing him of Alduin's return, without giving him an extended lecture on the significance. The only one who ever needed any long explanations was our own character, and that was mostly because we ourselves, the player behind the character, required them.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest I took the whole MQ line as a mere chore. (As I don't really roleplay a dragonborn) so at the end I was like :wub: when almost no one knew I did it. It's not that I didn't enjoy the story or something. I wasn't expecting standing ovations at the end anyway, but the less people know about it in-game the better for me.

Aside from a few lines from the guards and a new bard song, it really is rather disappointing at the lack of reactions. Even Balgruuf, who knows you're going to fight Alduin and watched you ride off on the back of a dragon, is his same old self when you stroll back into his hall. Not even a "Oh, you're back, did you bring me a souvenir?"

At least I could have snubbed him about the souvenir.

You have to remember that, while there are myths of Alduin, how many people would take his mantle as 'World Eater' seriously? And then, even if Balgruf actually understood the ramifications of what was happening, he wouldn't be about to declare the world almost ended for risk of causing a panic. Of course, having absolutely no post-Alduin effects isn't perfect, but neither would it be if everyone suddenly started licking your boots.

On that note, know what the first plugin i ever got for Morrowind was? An end to the whole "N-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-Nerevarine!" thing.

Agree. The ending was terrible, and you didn't even get a good reward, only two shouts that I never use, and the cooldown for the Call Dragon is too high. I don't mind that the people don't know you're the Dragonborn and killed one of the most dangerous foe to Tamriel :psyduck: , but at least I wanted some reward that make me think that it was worth all the work I had to kill Alduin.

I was quite miffed that Balgruuf just seems to want to forget the whole thing, adopting a 'Let's Never Speak of This Again' policy, apparently. I mean, I'm practically his right hand man these days. You'd think we could talk about important stuff like that.

The guards keep telling me I'm a muppet for letting Oddi loose, even though it was all part of my cunning plan...

A few additional lines of dialogue would have been nice.

Edited by Tundrastrider

Agree. The ending was terrible, and you didn't even get a good reward, only two shouts that I never use, and the cooldown for the Call Dragon is too high. I don't mind that the people don't know you're the Dragonborn and killed one of the most dangerous foe to Tamriel :psyduck: , but at least I wanted some reward that make me think that it was worth all the work I had to kill Alduin.

Because, you know, that's why we save the world. Right? To get a reward. I mean, the world is a nice place and all, but you got to get your proper compensation or there is no point of going to all the trouble, am I right? Show me the money! :rolleyes:

Edited by Relativelybest

The whole reason why the Dragonborn was trying to save the world was so that things could continue on as before. Do the main quest at the very beginning of the game, and you might find the rest of it more rewarding. I think there's a reason why the "stock" Dragonborn you see in official videos is a dude in basic iron and hide armor with a simple axe. Edited by Dudeman325

Is the ending really worse than previous ES games?

I'll give it the lack of rewards, and that both Morrowind and Oblivion had some recognition. But on the point of everything going back to normal, that happened in Morrowind (Destroy the Heart, everything jsut continues as normal), and Oblivion (stop Daedric invasion, people just go along with their lives).

Edited by RighthandofSithis