Nuka-World Trailer is Here

RaffTheSweetling

Maybe this will add some long needed role playing features at last. Really hasn't been a way to play an evil/dark side character since New Vegas.

Is Beth really recycling TES assets now? That crocodile looking Death claw at 0:51 suspiciously resembles a Daedroth my PC skewered back in Oblivion.....

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/square_small/1/17172/966035-daedroth.jpg

Building customized roller coaster and/or other amusement rides - Nice touch. Hopefully this will permit NPCs to ride as well and not just the PC? That would make for far more interesting settlements. Or a customized amusement park near Sanctuary. See TONS of potential in making train mods between settlements with this 1st person feature. Especially since this was already done successfully in New Vegas.

Interactive carnival games and rides - definitely impressive

The mannequin drinking Nuka at the start is not only creepy, but extremely weird because it's so unrealistic. How exactly did the machinery running that contraption survive a nuclear fallout and harsh elements? And especially given the humans (raiders) which now occupy the place who are low tech?

Edited by AlarictheVisgoth

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are also re-hashing lot's of old content, because they are simply out of ideas. The whole Nuka World main quest, is pretty much just a copy paste of The Pit from FO:3 Those CrocoClaws or whatever they call them (DeathCrocs?) Look very much like the Gecko's from FO:NV to me, the Nuka Rats in the trailer, look almost identical to a Skeever, the flying ants = Cazador'es and the ants themselves are just copy pasted from FO:3 ...

Now some of it is of course understandable as it does take place in the same game world after all, but at what point does "seeing a familiar creature/item that we had in FO:3/NV return anew in FO:4 and even more deadly/awesome!" turn into "Bugthesda have just re-hashed stuff we've already seen before"?

Heck even the vaunted Nuka Blaster is a feckin' water pistol!!!

I think they are also re-hashing lot's of old content, because they are simply out of ideas. The whole Nuka World main quest, is pretty much just a copy paste of The Pit from FO:3 Those CrocoClaws or whatever they call them (DeathCrocs?) Look very much like the Gecko's from FO:NV to me, the Nuka Rats in the trailer, look almost identical to a Skeever, the flying ants = Cazador'es and the ants themselves are just copy pasted from FO:3 ...

Now some of it is of course understandable as it does take place in the same game world after all, but at what point does "seeing a familiar creature/item that we had in FO:3/NV return anew in FO:4 and even more deadly/awesome!" turn into "Bugthesda have just re-hashed stuff we've already seen before"?

Heck even the vaunted Nuka Blaster is a feckin' water pistol!!!

i agre, sadly this DLC is a complete delusion. It's fun to explore but what else we can do? Only loot, murder stuff and be a silly raider?! Seriously?

Is a real pity we can't have also:

-a Sarah Lyon's return

-Enclave's return

-Aliens and space, and maybe a moonbase!

-the mistery behind the vault tec

-Lone Wandered returns

-A Cabot family dlc

-A better ending with saving the institute also.

But no, we have to play a linear quest imposed by Bethesda without any type of conseguences.

Maybe this will add some long needed role playing features at last. Really hasn't been a way to play an evil/dark side character since New Vegas.

Is Beth really recycling TES assets now? That crocodile looking Death claw at 0:51 suspiciously resembles a Daedroth my PC skewered back in Oblivion.....

Bloody hell, you're right

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/5/5e/Daedroth_(Oblivion).jpg

They're identical, right down to the ballsack under its chin.

Edited by steve40

In case you havent noticed:

AlarictheVisgoth picture is a Oblivion screenshot, not a screencap from the trailer.

So yeah, both pictures look alike because both are Daedroth.

The Crocodileclaw (or whatever it is called) looks a bit different in the trailer.

I'm liking it... liking tho - so far - not loving. It's not like Far Harbour, where you knew exactly why you were going there and what you were tasked with doing. I don't really know what's going on at or in NW, I'm supposed to place some flags? Kill everyone? Restore the power? What? I don't know if I'm liking not knowing or not, hehe. And did they use the same Longfellow voice actor for the only companion (I've found so far) in NW? That seems cheap. Unfortunately Piper has no new dialog, and there was no indication of a particular companion to take with you like Nick in FH.

The giant cola bottles bug is pissing me off now, and I had to funk with the console to finish a quest. Seems a little less polished than Far Harbour. But I am liking it... the park is pretty cool. Nice scenery and "themes", some nice dialogues with new npc's, and hey (minor spoiler) even former game npc's make a comeback. Think I've spotted a few references too, can't remember the one that made me chuckle, seemed like a reference of a movie scene...but the most blatant one I do remember being the "look at all the blood" jurassic park line, heh! That said, it triggered after I destroyed a robot. Didn't make much sense :tongue:

It's not making much sense to me. But I guess I should embrace that. Looking at the options on the table... turning the power back on, being the good guy, I guess, is the main route for myself/my character. Looks like I might have to face some drastic decisions to reach that though? Fallout drastic that is - which is basically shooting people in the face.

Edited by m0ds1984

In case you havent noticed:

AlarictheVisgoth picture is a Oblivion screenshot, not a screencap from the trailer.

So yeah, both pictures look alike because both are Daedroth.

The Crocodileclaw (or whatever it is called) looks a bit different in the trailer.

My sarcasm went right over the top of his head, LOL.

Building customized roller coaster and/or other amusement rides - Nice touch. Hopefully this will permit NPCs to ride as well and not just the PC? That would make for far more interesting settlements. Or a customized amusement park near Sanctuary. See TONS of potential in making train mods between settlements with this 1st person feature. Especially since this was already done successfully in New Vegas.

Interactive carnival games and rides - definitely impressive

The mannequin drinking Nuka at the start is not only creepy, but extremely weird because it's so unrealistic. How exactly did the machinery running that contraption survive a nuclear fallout and harsh elements? And especially given the humans (raiders) which now occupy the place who are low tech?

Oh noooo they're doing something everyone in the game industry has been doing forever, re-using old designs or assets. How lazy