my gripes with fallout 4

atm1090

the guns. theres no semi auto sniper rifle, the assault rifle is a f***ing machine gun so technically there is no assault rifle, the combat rifle looks really stupid, theres no 10mm smg, no grenade launchers, no pump action shotguns and no bouble action revolvers. the animations for the mag fed weapons are really specific to those models and those models only. all other self loading mag fed weapon mods simply float in your hands and make you shove mags through the gun and grab an imaginary charging handle. the bolt action rifle charge from the left for some weird reason so all bolt action mods have to charge weirdly as well. why would Bethesda make a game with really specific weapon animation when they know people are going to mod the living hell out of this game?

also why are minutemen settler and the minutemen themselves so wimpy and ineffective?

Edited by atm1090

if somehow, legally, all of the weapons and animations made their way into fallout 4, this would all be fixed and fallout 4 would have the best mods of all the fallout games. it has everything but good gun mods. or if some master computer magician made ridiculously awesome animations for all types of weapons but we all know that wont happen for a while or ever.

Edited by atm1090

I dont know about that question but i agree the game has a distinct lack of variety when it comes to guns as well as missing most of the original weapons in the franchise. Gun modifications in game only create an artificial illusion to variety and most arnt even worth picking up. FONV may have had issues but at least it had weapon variety without any DLC. Also fo4s modification syayem is all upgrades. There is no real reason to user lower level mods so the system is near worthless. Id be fine if we were just able to add mods to change up how the gun operates. So essentially get rid of everything but the barrel mods and scopes.

Ive looked into fixing this problem as a whole but discovered its a lot more complex that I originally thought and technically illegal to publish what ive suggested as a mod. all the tools to make this game a lot better are right here in fallout 3 and new Vegas. Bethesda just needs to move the models and animations over, update the textures, and then let the modding community takeover from there. it would be cool if we had all the guns from fo3 and fonv in the fo4 wasteland.

we'd have m16's, ak's, hk's, smgs, svd's, all kinds of gun mods and a lot more vanilla weapon variety in the wasteland. then this game would be complete.

Edited by atm1090

I'm not so bothered about the lack of variety since I only end up using about 3 guns regularly. I do find it irritating that the "Legendary" guns have such silly properties like "20% chance of freezing enemy for 30 seconds". WTF ? How does a Laser weapon manage to "freeze" anything ?

I'm not so bothered about the lack of variety since I only end up using about 3 guns regularly. I do find it irritating that the "Legendary" guns have such silly properties like "20% chance of freezing enemy for 30 seconds". WTF ? How does a Laser weapon manage to "freeze" anything ?

..Easy explanation. They are trying to feel better about carrying over Skyrim's MagicEffect tree. AKA they didn't want that tree in the CK to be useless. >_> So let's give guns uncanny and unrealistic bulls*** effects.

In anycase, I like the variety of guns, but I find myself sticking to the two types of guns that never let me down in any game involving guns: Handguns and a shotgun. In fact, I feel unsafe without a good ol' fashion shotgun.

Edited by TummaSuklaa

i want an ak or an hk33 like in fallout 3 or a proper semi auto sniper. and a s#*! ton of mods like the millennia mods in fallout new vegas and the ak's and ar's. I'm looking for solutions that don't involve me having to make animations from scratch.

That made me literally LOL. Thanks!

Yes, I found that ' quizzical ' to say the least as well. A laser could no more freeze something, then I could " kill someone with just a look " .... unless they already had some health issues that just happened to hit at the ' wrong moment '.