modders resources?

atm1090

i found a modders resource file from a fallout new vegas mod. my questions are being that it is labled as a modders resource can i make a mod and publish it without explicit permission and would it work in fallout 4? its from heffy's ak's and ar's mod and i dont think ill ever get a response. i wan to try to make and ak and an ar15 mod for fallout 4 but if the answer is no to either of these questions then I might as well be wasting my time. my intention is to piece together a mod by using heffy animations along with someone else's models and textures with their permission of course.

Modders resources are open for use by anyone. You cannot claim them as your own and should credit the author. Also you cannot port assets from previous FO games into FO4. In this case if the resource uses fonv assets you camt use it in FO4

Eh something to do about assets from one game being incompatible. Pretty stupid. The other is because people could gain access to items from a game they dont own... Neither are very strong arguments but they dont need strong arguments as they can just say no and we have to follow it.

As long as it's completely custom assets, nothing bethesda made in them, it's ok. Also make sure the author allows using the assets without permission and/or contact, even if it's a modder's resource. And I don't know much about animations, but what do you mean by porting animations? Surely you can't simply do that between games since it's a different skeleton and everything.

And I don't understand people's obssession with AKs and ARs. There's a bazillion of them already, and even Nuka World is going to add an AK anyway.