left handed wepons

atm1090

why is every weapon in this game made for left handed shooters? why is everything charged from the left? most of the guns also have ejection ports on the left which irl isn't very safe and makes me wonder why the devs decided to do this. I know this is a rather trivial feature but in a game, details add up to help make a great game. anyone have any ideas as to why the devs went with left side ejection and charging?

The models and animations were very accurate in Fallout 3 and NV. They must have replaced all of those people in the 5 years between NV and 4. It is immersion breaking and there's just no excuse. The worst is the left handed bolt action rifle.

New vegas was done by a different company.

One who in the past has made quite a few guns in their games that while not totally accurate in terms of how they work at least could make the average person think they were realistic & weren't total slap in the face to anyone who actually knows anything about guns in real life.

exactly. why wont they fix this? some guns like the combat rifle which should be replaced by the fallout 3 assault rifle and other smei autos are ok with the left side charging. that left handed bolt action though. why wont Bethesda address their horrible animations and do something about them. havent enough people complained already. this game is great, they just need to fix the guns. sometimes i wonder about people. no one can be that uneducated in the basic operations of fire arms. and theyre american too. surely theyve seen or shot a self loading or bolt rifle in their lives. the cool factor with seeing ejection doesn't even come into play when some of the animations and guns just bother me.

exactly. why wont they fix this? some guns like the combat rifle which should be replaced by the fallout 3 assault rifle and other smei autos are ok with the left side charging. that left handed bolt action though. why wont Bethesda address their horrible animations and do something about them. havent enough people complained already. this game is great, they just need to fix the guns. sometimes i wonder about people. no one can be that uneducated in the basic operations of fire arms. and theyre american too. surely theyve seen or shot a self loading or bolt rifle in their lives. the cool factor with seeing ejection doesn't even come into play when some of the animations and guns just bother me.

Because it is intentional. Is it stupid? Yes. But they will never release a "patch" to change a design choice like that. And calm down, I'm sure there will be a mod to change that eventually, but it's a lot of work and will take time.

Besides, this is a minor complaint in the big picture. Most people don't care about that, and certainly not more than the real problems like the dialogue system and lack of choice.

Actually, weapons almost always eject to the "open" or "handed" side. So left handed weapons normally eject to the left.

Exceptions are weapons like the Colt 1911 .45 ACP. It ejects straight up and back. I always thought is was cool watching the spent cases flying over my head and occasionally into my collar.

Some weapons have "swappable" ejection ports. Actually these weapons have a port on either side and a plate with ejector pin to cover the port you do not wish to use.

But I think is a poor implementation to force the PC to be a right hand shooter and then give the PC only left handed weapons.

Another problem is lack of consistency with established canon. We know that the R91 assault rifle was standard issue for the U.S. army. It was found all over the place in Fallout 3. Yet there are no R91s in Boston, despite having military installations everywhere. Instead we get this abomination that looks like a WW1 machine gun. I hate that gun so so much. I have never used it and never will. It's horrible