Tutorial: 3ds Max Skinned Meshes Into Game

Vannus

So instead of wasting my time going through the motions again and failing, I decided to try just opening a working file in nifskope, simply re-saving and seeing if that works.

The game never loads.

Any ideas?

This is a default mesh's errors on loading.

""invalid array size for array" "Extra Data List""

""array Extra Data List invalid""

""device position incorrect after block number 32 (BSLightingShaderProperty) at 0x6b74e ended at 0x6b756 (expected 0x6b7b6)""

""device position incorrect after block number 39 (BSLightingShaderProperty) at 0x6c58b ended at 0x6c593 (expected 0x6c5fb)""

This is someone's custom mesh with cbbe and other parts added.

""device position incorrect after block number 6 (BSLightingShaderProperty) at 0x3be7a ended at 0x3be82 (expected 0x3bee2)""

""device position incorrect after block number 13 (BSLightingShaderProperty) at 0x9d6d7 ended at 0x9d6df (expected 0x9d747)""

""device position incorrect after block number 20 (BSLightingShaderProperty) at 0xaf150 ended at 0xaf158 (expected 0xaf1b8)""

Edited by Reddimus

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot. That solved just about everything.

The only issue I have now is the left shoulder/bicep is skinning goofy.

Did you modify the mesh? If so, in game enter "showracemenu" in command console then move the weight slider to the maximum or minimum. If it fixes the problem then there is a difference between the _0 and _1. That will cause it to morph in weird ways.

Edited by DizzasterJuice

No modifying.

The weight slider didn't seem to do anything.

I can replicate it to show up in 3DS if I first import the armor and then the body. It doesn't show up at all in 3DS (or nifsk) if I import the body first followed by the armor, but only shows up in the game. I think it happens even without importing the body sometimes.

Edited by Reddimus

What means when a nif file armor floats in the position without the rig ? I checked the file befoure export and the skinning is fine I even tested a first import and wa fine whenreloading now it floats incenter of the character , what that could be due to?

I have fixed the issue but I did not understand why ...

what I did was to copy the lightning property from the world model , the one you use when rotate pan a object in inventory to the character models of my armor set , well this caused the meshes to fload about the pelvis area.... when I changed the lightning copying one from the original character mesh it got fixed , but I did not understand what involved the floating I wanted to add the _m file couse the world model used but I couln't I guess on the ohters... btw how do I do to add this file and what actuallly does?

Thanks for the tutorials! I have a problem now though.

I exported a female head from max to zbrush in obj format (optimize off, nothing messing with verts checked on)

Edited it, added a morpher below skin and it worked perfectly, then exported it.

Made the adjustments in Nifskope

In game it looks fine, except when the character blinks! Once the female blinks the skin explodes a little and it looks all freaky. How do I fix this, or even just get rid of the blink animation? Since it is a morph animation and not a skeleton one I could not find it! Any help with the correct settings to import/export objects for morphing would be appreciated too!