Tutorial: 3ds Max Skinned Meshes Into Game

Vannus

Ok thanks than I will put that on hold ....

BTW I am getting a constant crash on export when I am trying to export a rigged mesh ... I know that usually the crash where due for the plugin not getting the dismemberment modifier if not assigned portions of the body etc , but I have assigned and well setup but I am still getting crashes what could be due to ?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I FINALLY MADE IT WORK !!!!!

The things I did after comparing normal nifs to the actual exported is that there are some missing steps ...

1 when you export with 3dsmax it create another material called : NiMaterialProperty this needs to be eliminated this will remove the mark error

2 Set the default property that is this material away and in first place put the right material bslightning something

3 if the mesh is invisible , in this case you need to attach a alpha property spell ... so far worked with the simplier mesh

Now I will have to try with the more complex one ...

Just replace the bs lightning block of export with another takenfrom a working nif and replace the textures , then remove the branch of the unused lightning properties ...

i don't get what is that you are doing for steps #2 and #3. Could you upload a picture or more description? How do you do those steps?

And the step #3? How do you attach an alpha property spell.....?

Anyway, this is what is happening to me

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5648/tesv2012011309505770.png

everything looks great in nifskope as well as textures after I exported the helm mesh from 3ds max 9. I followed the direction except for the attaching alpha property spell, but in game, the character's face is gone and nothing above it is appearing;; Any solution to this problem?

This problem is solved.!!!!! My newly made helm appears in game but the character's face is still gone. Is there any way to solve this problem?

Edited by nopopup

PROMETHEUS_ts, did you attach any meshes at all?

If you're attaching meshes in 3dsmax make sure you select Do Not Modify Mat IDs or Material on the pop up. If you don't the exporter will just crash mid way and crash 3dsmax.

Edited by Gromit84

Me again. :pirate:

Its not problem in 3ds, obviously, couse I go to the right click on the mesh and check "edited mesh", then I edit it, and its all fine, but problem is in the nifskope afterwards. So can someone give me link to the tutorial for that or tell me how to edit .nif in nifskope after editing in 3ds, but only for Skyrim?

there is just one more thing, when i try to export the finished fallout hair in 3ds max, an error pops up saying 'fail to find suitable skeleton root ', i dont get it.any help on this matter is appreciated

I did everything in the tutorial and It looked fine in Max and NifSkope, what I get in game is... Well pictures are worth 1000 words.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/JET-WTF/WTFISTHISSHIT.jpg

I inserted Calientes BBE vanilla body into the psiijic robes and adjusted the robes to fit around it a little better considering the bodies back and ass sticks out past the clothes and moving it forward via nifskope created more clipping from hell. WTF am I doing wrong? Or are there missing steps in the tutorial that those familiar with it would already do?

*edit

The big red triangle with white exclamation means the game can't find the mesh. Either you changed the file name and/or location or more likely you need to change the name of the NiNode from Scene Root to torso_0.nif or torso_1.nif

Purple tex would mean that the game can't find the texture. Invisable is usually from incorrect dismemberment or partitions numbered incorrectly such as "torso" should be changed to 32, etc. but also could be a number of other things.

Hello there!

That fixed the above problem and now I get this catastrophe:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/JET-WTF/Image4-2.jpg

The small pic is third person POV. the purple whatever that is shows through player characters.

Edited by jet4571

pictures of the error marker is not very helpful diagnosing your issues. The tutorial ans the trouble shooting in this thread should cover just about any issue. If not, and there is a specific concern then post that. if I hear :my game crashes, max crashes. it doesn't render, or I get the error marker, and that is it, no other information, there are posts in this thread with similar issues, at least post that you have addressed those so it can be a narrowed down. Help yourself to get help.

there is just one more thing, when i try to export the finished fallout hair in 3ds max, an error pops up saying 'fail to find suitable skeleton root ', i dont get it.any help on this matter is appreciated

Do you have a skeleton in the scene? is the hair correctly skinned to that skeleton?

I ended up with this, to be specific:

http://i42.tinypic.com/250va8i.jpg

IDK why, but no matter what the hell I did it still doesn't show up properly ingame. Can anyone help me out on what to do, or which version of NifSkope to use?