WHAT IS YOUR DREAM MOD ?

bigds

A mod that makes magic far less consistent, adding benefits and detriments to all the schools at different times, relating to the weather, moon phases, location, and more, including items in the inventory. Something where I can be more of a shaman, using sacred circles, paints, concoctions, sacred groves, rituals, etc. A mod where magic isn't just clearly defined skills that project logically to any person. Something that'd make the Telvanni proud.

Something where for another example, some metals take horribly to enchanting like in Morrowind, but are easier manipulated, even if it requires you go into a weapon like Azura's star and cleanse it of the soul you put in it yourself., Another example might be the moons amplifying some effects and hampering others. Perhaps illusion and alteration are moon friendly, but conjuration is outright dangerous on certain superstitious days. Where on some it's damned easy to summon something but an entirely different can of worms to control it. As yet another example, going ethereal separate of your own body to scout locations from safety, using contact illusion spells to mentally influence your enemies and foment strife, and then finishing it off with a spell that makes all the water in the area turn to a blinding fog to disrupt and distract them more. Generally, more magic-ey magic rather than the rather boring thing it normally is. I mean, they didn't even play around with "weakness to magic" making your own spells affect you more.

I just think it'd help wizards be cooler to stop having all the important stuff with real applications just always go to npcs. If a sacred site needs a cleansing ritual, it's an npc. If you need to teleport or scry or any sort of thing cheaply used as a deus ex machina by Bethesda, chances are, it's an npc doing it. Hell, do you want to raise zombies or skeletons? How about one, since apparently even a master of conjuration isn't up to the nameless necromancer standard. Give the power to the wizards! They've sunk since Oblivion nerfed magic. In Morrowind you could even kick ass as a master of alchemy. No, not a guy with a lot of poisons and healing potions, an alchemist with a recipe for every problem. Wizards had the same ability, of course, but alchemists could affect every school of magic practically., and with only one skill

I think the only thing even close to this is the atronarch forge, as it is fatal to the uninitiated. Even that seems too predictable and "safe." It doesn't feel like something you'd have every nord with a fear of wizard domination crying out for the destruction of, despite that it could easily, at least in a more cohesive game, be used as a doomsday device to summon armies of atronarchs with the right items. Think also of the Morrowind backpath. Some things should have a risk to just outright kill you, either from something gone wrong, or an unintended deal or offer implied to the wrong daedra. It's not hard to believe that for some of them, even smelling a soul they have access to inclines them to just try to take it. (then again some seem powerless without thrall or vessels at the very least, shrines and focii/fetishes at the most, as though their influence is entirely based on how many "pieces" they have on the board, so to speak. Just look at Molag Bal, reduced to pelting you with furniture and locking a door due to his only influence being a weak hold on his last shrine in the area.)

Edited by Guest

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mod that makes magic far less consistent, adding benefits and detriments to all the schools at different times, relating to the weather, moon phases, location, and more, including items in the inventory. Something where I can be more of a shaman, using sacred circles, paints, concoctions, sacred groves, rituals, etc. A mod where magic isn't just clearly defined skills that project logically to any person. Something that'd make the Telvanni proud.

Something where for another example, some metals take horribly to enchanting like in Morrowind, but are easier manipulated, even if it requires you go into a weapon like Azura's star and cleanse it of the soul you put in it yourself., Another example might be the moons amplifying some effects and hampering others. Perhaps illusion and alteration are moon friendly, but conjuration is outright dangerous on certain superstitious days. Where on some it's damned easy to summon something but an entirely different can of worms to control it. As yet another example, going ethereal separate of your own body to scout locations from safety, using contact illusion spells to mentally influence your enemies and foment strife, and then finishing it off with a spell that makes all the water in the area turn to a blinding fog to disrupt and distract them more. Generally, more magic-ey magic rather than the rather boring thing it normally is. I mean, they didn't even play around with "weakness to magic" making your own spells affect you more.

I just think it'd help wizards be cooler to stop having all the important stuff with real applications just always go to npcs. If a sacred site needs a cleansing ritual, it's an npc. If you need to teleport or scry or any sort of thing cheaply used as a deus ex machina by Bethesda, chances are, it's an npc doing it. Hell, do you want to raise zombies or skeletons? How about one, since apparently even a master of conjuration isn't up to the nameless necromancer standard. Give the power to the wizards! They've sunk since Oblivion nerfed magic. In Morrowind you could even kick ass as a master of alchemy. No, not a guy with a lot of poisons and healing potions, an alchemist with a recipe for every problem. Wizards had the same ability, of course, but alchemists could affect every school of magic practically., and with only one skill

I think the only thing even close to this is the atronarch forge, as it is fatal to the uninitiated. Even that seems too predictable and "safe." It doesn't feel like something you'd have every nord with a fear of wizard domination crying out for the destruction of, despite that it could easily, at least in a more cohesive game, be used as a doomsday device to summon armies of atronarchs with the right items. Think also of the Morrowind backpath. Some things should have a risk to just outright kill you, either from something gone wrong, or an unintended deal or offer implied to the wrong daedra. It's not hard to believe that for some of them, even smelling a soul they have access to inclines them to just try to take it. (then again some seem powerless without thrall or vessels at the very least, shrines and focii/fetishes at the most, as though their influence is entirely based on how many "pieces" they have on the board, so to speak. Just look at Molag Bal, reduced to pelting you with furniture and locking a door due to his only influence being a weak hold on his last shrine in the area.)

This sounds amazing. You should try to post it as a seperate request.

I'm actually in the process of storyboarding a graphic novel that would make a great DLC-sized mod. It would add two potential followers/marriage candidates, the chance to bathe Tamriel in darkness or cleanse it of a great evil (with a little editing to my original writing), new armour and clothing, new weapons, new spells/powers/abilities...I just can't bring all of it into the world of Skyrim on my own.

I had a thought to day at work the haveing a perk named " Legolas " . It would give you the ablity to shoot 2 arrows at once like Legolas from Lord of the Rings. Now that would be cool.

I agree :P Granted, you would go through arrows twice as fast XD

Right now, I think a mod that would allow me to use my left and right arrow keys to rotate the camera, instead of strafe my character would be nice. In other words, a camera / player movement scheme similiar to that of WoW or Rift. I use a controller myself, but my wife would love this feature.

I had a thought to day at work the haveing a perk named " Legolas " . It would give you the ablity to shoot 2 arrows at once like Legolas from Lord of the Rings. Now that would be cool.

I agree :tongue: Granted, you would go through arrows twice as fast XD

Yeah, but to be able to target two (2) enemies with one (1) shot. That is the way an Elf does it. O yeah, have to be able to stab an enemy with an arrow too.

Edited by Demonreighn

Would enjoy seeing a mod/mod compilation bringing ALL rare/unqiue/artifact items (weapons, clothes, misc, armor, etc.) from ALL the previous Elder Scrolls titles into Skyrim...there are many mods which bring individual items from past games in but not a singular mod that includes EVERY SINGLE ONE. I'm a major rare-item freak, to the extreme where when I have to give/deliver a unique item (example Alessandra's Dagger quest) to someone, I do the quest and then turn right around and open the console so I can add it into my inventory for the sole purpose of having it there, even though I never touch it again.