So... has anyone seen a dragon do this?

GrimyGhost

I have seen this behaviour, though it seems to be a rare thing.

Very early in the game i was on a quest to kill a dragon near Whiterun. I replayed the battle 5 or 6 times (at first due to death, later because it was awesome). Only saw a dragon swoop down and pick someone up once, but it did happen. The guard was standing on open ground, not a wall. The beast picked him up with his claws (i think), flew high into the air and dropped him. I am familiar with the demo you mention, and it was the same thing.

I have also replayed several other dragon attacks, and have noticed something odd... On some playthroughs the dragons' actions are repetitive and predictable, ie. circle once, land in the same spot, breathe fire, repeat. But play through that same battle again and you may see completely random and believable behaviours. Makes me think there may issues with thier AI that causes them to get stuck in behaviour loops (maybe they're more like us than we thought).

I think they can, I will mention something of the main questline that's why theres the SPOILER BUTTON

because Odahving did that once you "challenge" to trap him, he picks up a guard and throw it from the tower, but I think it may be scripted, because for the first 3-5 times I tried to kill Odahving, and I did no damage because I actually have to just trap him, and every time I loaded the Quicksave, he picked up a guard and throw it, and that happened every time I loaded the game he did the same thing

And about crashing on land, they can crash anywhere, all it requires is them to be with low HP and still be on air

I seen a Dragon pick up a mammoth Two walking together and the other alive one followed him for a bit :biggrin:

also had some dragons suicide. they would fly and boom fall to their deaths. had one pick up a mud crab and die after a few seconds.

some nice epic fails when you see that happen.

:ninja:

Happened once, out of my 40 dragons or so killed and the 2 or 3 minutes that it takes to do so. Not impressed.

Have any of you guys actualy seen a dragon pick anyone up like it did in the E3 video when it picks the giant up? i have battled around 25 dragons now and not seen it happen..

Plus can dragons crash land anywere? or is it in scripted locations? so far they always seem to crash in the same location for me.

Yes, a dragon picked me up. I think it's a finishing move.