Construction Set for Skyrim, where is it?

Hannibalektr

Dammit, if the CK comes out on Superbowl Sunday...Grrrr. Damn you Bethesda for possibly making me miss mah Patriots...again...

I'll save you the trouble. Patriots Win...again. :( Get back to modding. They're like the freakin Yankees of the NFL.

-MM

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say i am a bit impatient waiting on the CK, the wait for it has become worse than the wait for the game for me lol. If it comes to the end of the month and its still not here meh i still have the game and plenty to do in it. Only bad thing is the mass amount of ideas i kep having to write down is starting to get stupid, im now past 12 A4 pages of crap i wanna do lol.

Just gotta wait it out and bug the wife everyday complaining its not here..... dont moan to your wives about the CK lol

Dammit, if the CK comes out on Superbowl Sunday...Grrrr. Damn you Bethesda for possibly making me miss mah Patriots...again...

I'll save you the trouble. Patriots Win...again. :( Get back to modding. They're like the freakin Yankees of the NFL.

-MM

Herpaderp.

Patriots lost to the Giants last time they played in the Superbowl together.

Plus releasing on the Superbowl weekend would suck so much, it would give non-American modders a massive head start over American modders. Then again, seeing as Skyrim's apparently updating, it's likely coming tomorrow or even later today. Bethesda's in Eastern Standard Time like me, and here it's 9:14 AM.

^ btw, my Skyrim isn't updating? Are you sure this isn't the beta version of 1.4 you're getting.

Edited by TheElderInfinity

Plus releasing on the Superbowl weekend would suck so much, it would give non-American modders a massive head start over American modders. Then again, seeing as Skyrim's apparently updating, it's likely coming tomorrow or even later today. Bethesda's in Eastern Standard Time like me, and here it's 9:14 AM.

lol so?

It's not a competition...

I guess we should postpone the CK til after "football" weekend for the americans :rolleyes:

Edited by PaladinRider

Matth85, once again you are making an apologia for Bethesda and you STILL don't get it.

Once again you are as negative as can be. I do not make apologizes for them, I simply defend them. Why do I defend them? Because they've done nothing wrong. If they have done nothing wrong, what the heck are you on about?

See my point?

People who are saying that they want to get their hands on the CK are not JUST buying Skyrim for the CK. If they are anything like me, they bought Skyrim hoping against hope that Bugthesda might have learned something from previous releases and released the game in a fit state.

Which is not Bethesdas problem, nor mine. You hoped and expected something you knew would not happen. Every TES game is the same at release: Buggy. That won't change magically over a single game.

And if they didn't produce a less buggy game(which they didn't) The Toddler had given us the impression that the CK would arrive soon after release, all the better to fix it up.

It is still pretty soon after release.

I am well aware that January ain't over yet so I do not consider that they are late as compared to the ETA that they gave earlier in the week.

I am glad you see my point.

If you think that Bethesda wouldn't lose anything by not releasing the CK then you are very much mistaken. I keep coming back to this, the manager of my local GAME store says that their company keeps on selling copies of Oblivion and Morrowind to this day because of the modding possibilities. Bethesda take inspiration and ideas from mods in one game forward to the next game. It's a mutually beneficial relationship.

Again, this doesn't gives you, or us, any reason to feel entitled for a toolkit. They earn minimal with Oblivion and Morrowind today, and will earn tenfolds more at the same timespan with the small ads at the steam workshop.

My point being that yes, we both vbenefit from is. However, we got no right to demand for anything. You paid for the game -- nothing else. Unless you pocket in 100 000 000 bucks to Bethesda, you are not entitled to anything more. If then the toolkit is delayed a year, then that's fine: We still get it. I could easily wait months for the toolkit, knowing it would come, rather than not having it.

I am not defending Bethesda here, I am more "attacking" everybody crapping on logic and starts demanding everything.

No, you are not entitled a toolkit.

No, you did not pay for a toolkit.

No, Bethesda wouldn't start making bugfree games all of a sudden.

No, Bethesda hasn't gone Rogue and will sell your mods with the steam worshop.

No, Bethesda isn't everything wrong in the world.

I will ask a simple question. Critizie me all you want, even start raging on me -- but answer this: Why do you buy something, knowing it won't be perfect, yet you start hating when you get it?

Do you keep buying Cola if you know you hate it, and rather want Solo?

And to quote somebody else for a little while:

/facepalm

... just... what? When did Modding become a competetive competition? Do you really do "speed moddings competitions!" where your goal is to do a 3 year big mod under 24 houres?

When the toolkit is released everybody gains from it, even if some people need to wait a week for the toolkit to be aviliable. Bugs will be fixed rather quick, which everybody can download.

Then, a few months from now, the biggest mod will start rolling in, some are finished and some show Alpha/Betas.

A few years from that, it returns how it was for Oblivion -- small personal mods are all that is released, with the odd huge years + mod that is finally finished, but nobody bothers to play.

In the end, a "headstart" is irrelevant. The first to use the CK will be the one finding the bugs and annoyance of it, and making wiki posts. This will make it better for thoose getting it later.

Cheers,

Matth

Edited by Matth85

Matth85, once again you are making an apologia for Bethesda and you STILL don't get it.

Once again you are as negative as can be. I do not make apologizes for them, I simply defend them. Why do I defend them? Because they've done nothing wrong. If they have done nothing wrong, what the heck are you on about?

See my point?

People who are saying that they want to get their hands on the CK are not JUST buying Skyrim for the CK. If they are anything like me, they bought Skyrim hoping against hope that Bugthesda might have learned something from previous releases and released the game in a fit state.

Which is not Bethesdas problem, nor mine. You hoped and expected something you knew would not happen. Every TES game is the same at release: Buggy. That won't change magically over a single game.

And if they didn't produce a less buggy game(which they didn't) The Toddler had given us the impression that the CK would arrive soon after release, all the better to fix it up.

It is still pretty soon after release.

I am well aware that January ain't over yet so I do not consider that they are late as compared to the ETA that they gave earlier in the week.

I am glad you see my point.

If you think that Bethesda wouldn't lose anything by not releasing the CK then you are very much mistaken. I keep coming back to this, the manager of my local GAME store says that their company keeps on selling copies of Oblivion and Morrowind to this day because of the modding possibilities. Bethesda take inspiration and ideas from mods in one game forward to the next game. It's a mutually beneficial relationship.

Again, this gives you, or us, any reason to feel entitled for a toolkit. They earn minimal with Oblivion and Morrowind today, and will earn tenfolds more at the same timespan with the small ads at the steam workshop.

My point being that yes, we both vbenefit from is. However, we got no right to demand for anything. You paid for the game -- nothing else. Unless you pocket in 100 000 000 bucks to Bethesda, you are not entitled to anything more. If then the toolkit is delayed a year, then that's fine: We still get it. I could easily wait months for the toolkit, knowing it would come, rather than not having it.

I am not defending Bethesda here, I am more "attacking" everybody crapping on logic and starts demanding everything.

No, you are not entitled a toolkit.

No, you did not pay for a toolkit.

No, Bethesda wouldn't start making bugfree games all of a sudden.

No, Bethesda hasn't gone Rogue and will sell your mods with the steam worshop.

No, Bethesda isn't everything wrong in the world.

I will ask a simple question. Critizie me all you want, even start raging on me -- but answer this: Why do you buy something, knowing it won't be perfect, yet you start hating when you get it?

Do you keep buying Cola if you know you hate it, and rather want Solo?

And to quote somebody else for a little while:

/facepalm

... just... what? When did Modding become a competetive competition? Do you really do "speed moddings competitions!" where your goal is to do a 3 year big mod under 24 houres?

When the toolkit is released everybody gains from it, even if some people need to wait a week for the toolkit to be aviliable. Bugs will be fixed rather quick, which everybody can download.

Then, a few months from now, the biggest mod will start rolling in, some are finished and some show Alpha/Betas.

A few years from that, it returns how it was for Oblivion -- small personal mods are all that is released, with the odd huge years + mod that is finally finished, but nobody bothers to play.

In the end, a "headstart" is irrelevant. The first to use the CK will be the one finding the bugs and annoyance of it, and making wiki posts. This will make it better for thoose getting it later.

Cheers,

Matth

Let me see if I can boil things down for you, and I'll use myelf as an example.

I would have had the patience to wait for Skyrim to be released until the end of January. There would have been no complaining from me. I don't get crazy over game release dates, I can wait.

However, the same is not true for the CK. Why the difference? This is why:

If I haven't played the game yet, then I'm not bouncing up and down wanting a CK to change things. If i've played the game, but there is no ck, then everytime I play it I just think how much time I'm wasting when I could be editing it for a more enjoyable experience.

That's why people are going out of their minds for the CK. If Bethesda had simply held off on the entire game until the CK was finished, you'd hear a lot less gripping. You aren't going to grip about wanting to change things if you haven't even played the game yet. But since people have played it/are playing it, they see all these things they want to change, but can't do a darn thing about them until the CK is released. Having the bugs/things you want to edit sitting there staring you in the face while you do not have the tools to do something about them is what makes people bounce up and down in anticipation for the CK. The whole thing should have been posponed until both the game and the CK were both ready, just like they did with Morrowind and Oblivion.

I get most of the posts in this thread, in certain ways. Yeah I'm keen to get my hands on the CK, that's why I check back everyday, pretty much since they said January. But you can't please everyone. It's released when it's released, nothing we can do about it.

The most important thing though, is that it's actually ready when they decide to release it. So I'm not bothered about the wait, if it does what it says on the tin.