Why does everybody hate console players?

Igetbabes

I don't hate console players no reason to but I hate today's medium telling that Console game/gamers are better selling, better looking and have social life oh and let's not forget about it costs 1k computer to play games on console quality and you need to upgrade every 3months.

If people would present PC and Consoles from rightful perspective there wouldn't be any hate to each other as both sides would know what other side has and why it has that and if Publishers would stop trying to please their investors and try and please gamers that would be even better.

There is so much nonsense on internet about PC and this is probably why PC gamers call Console players kids as they don't know what they are talking about and are trying to put their uneducated opinion higher than someones who knows and actually is part of group they are talking down.

So I blame Media.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people would present PC and Consoles from rightful perspective there wouldn't be any hate to each other as both sides would know what other side has and why it has that and if Publishers would stop trying to please their investors and try and please gamers that would be even better.

But that's not in the interest of business. We have three major producers of consoles. They sell their pieces of hardware for the price of a medium range PC. Then there's additional sales from the games themselves, which are licensed for the particular platform and then there's the online fee.

That's where the PR hype is coming from.

I don't hate console players (being a console player up until last December), the thing that bothers me most about consoles are that their hardware is old. I mean really old by today's standards. It wouldn't have killed Sony/Microsoft to pull off a 90s Nintendo move and created a RAM expansion module or something. Hell, it wouldn't have been a bad thing if developers didn't bother compressing the PS3 version of games (blu ray has a healthy amount of space).

1. Name me 5 companies which aren't doing what Bethesda's doing.

2. Speculation does not equate to facts in real life: if you allow me to speculate, console players are, quite on the contrary, smarter than PC gamers. Why?

a). PC gamers invest considerable amounts of money to there computer (usually). The more they invest, the more they will actually play it (logic dictates that, why would you want to spend $5000 for 10 minutes a day?).

b). By playing more, their emotional and social skills do not develop as much as console gamers. What's more prevalent in the field of 'hardcore gaming', PC or consoles? I think we know what the answer is.

3. I'm on a 3 year old computer which costed $1000, and the game's fine on my end.

4. Excluding RTS', name me 5 games which are more complex than Skyrim.

Lol...I already said in my post that Bethesda isn't the only company doing this. It's simply that they're one of the ones that comes to mind first because we're on a forum devoted to their games.

As far as "5 games which are more complex than Skyrim", I could look only at Bethesda releases and argue that point. Hell, Morrowind was more complex than Skyrim in many ways and that game was released in 2002. How about Baldur's Gate which was released even earlier? If you're white-knighting for Skyrim's "complexity", you're kidding yourself. Shiny execution moves and a bunch of NPC's with shallow dialog options does not equal complexity.

Also, your argument for PC's being a super-expensive medium to play games on might've been valid back in 2000, but as others have already pointed out, a PC that costs you $500 currently can play just about any game on the market.

Edited by Karasuman

I don't know if this was already said in this topic, but if you're playing on a console, why would you be on these forums? The only way it would make sense for a console player to be on these forums is if they initially tried to play Skyrim on their PC, but figured out they couldn't run it, so they bought it for their console instead.

And yeah, like others have said, I hate how developers have to cater to consoles because they aren't advanced enough. I don't hate consoles though. I have an Xbox 360 that I mostly bought to play with friends.

Edited by Xmayne

the only things everybody should hate is console fanboy and pc elitism.

Not the fact that the console is outdated and forces quality down? I bet my phone got more graphic power than the Xbox or Playstation I got.

Not the fact that a PC that can run Skyrim on ultra, and probably high pre-consoles, is pretty cheap and can be upgraded for cheaper each year?

Not the fact a controller is harder for people with a disability in the hand, who can't button mash?

Not the fact there is no good reason why console still exist. Everybody knows how a PC work.

Really, we got enough to hate on. We then need somebody to blame. You could say "The developers!", at which I would reply: "The Developer wants profit. Profit comes from doing what the masses want. That is console." --> I blame the people.

You can't have a deep game within a console. Really, button mashing and streamlined gaming is what we get from that.

the only things everybody should hate is console fanboy and pc elitism.

Not the fact that the console is outdated and forces quality down? I bet my phone got more graphic power than the Xbox or Playstation I got.

Not the fact that a PC that can run Skyrim on ultra, and probably high pre-consoles, is pretty cheap and can be upgraded for cheaper each year?

Not the fact a controller is harder for people with a disability in the hand, who can't button mash?

Not the fact there is no good reason why console still exist. Everybody knows how a PC work.

Really, we got enough to hate on. We then need somebody to blame. You could say "The developers!", at which I would reply: "The Developer wants profit. Profit comes from doing what the masses want. That is console." --> I blame the people.

You can't have a deep game within a console. Really, button mashing and streamlined gaming is what we get from that.

You seem to think that you need a lot of power to make a quality game. Consoles are where PCs were in about 2005, were there no quality games prior to 2005 on the PC? using your logic there couldn't have been, they wouldn't of had the power to run them. Developers will make games that sell to as wider audience as possible, they don't care what people actually want, they care about what people will buy, it's not the same thing. Did you buy Skyrim? if so then you've validated their approach, you bought it and so did Johnny Braindead down the road, they've sold two copies instead of one by making the game as broadly acceptable as possible.

There are PC exclusives, go and look at them and tell me they're more intelligent than console games. Look at all the casual garbage on Steam, The Sims, the Sims 2, the myriad of mindless MMOs, Farmville and the other crap like it. Gaming across the board is being dumbed down, just like TV and Movies, blaming a platform for that decline is silly.

I don't hate any console player . It's not like you have killed my puppy and pooped on my lawn. When you spend a lot of money on something you expect higher quality . I don't want a hotdog if I spend 50 bucks. It's not elitist but, expectation from the money I am investing on my hobby. What happens it's actually the opposite . Not only my product ain't superior but often inferior. The PC is also the only open platform left . I know why they do what they do and that pisses me off.

The greatest artist of the world were not thinking only about profit . I think the industry is turning into some second rate Hollywood and soon enough console won't even exist anymore. Than you hear some crappy headline about some poser developer talking about how it's because of piracy. IT'S not because of piracy. Period. and we know it's because of what.

Edited by suprez

• 2 weeks later...

A pc gamer here. I know a lot of pc gamers. not one of them hates console players, including myself. consoles have been the platform for gaming for a long time. 20 years ago, video games and consoles were like toast and jam. they still are. pc gaming differs from console gaming in one key aspect, in that pc games can be scaled upward graphically in small increments every year, whereas consoles scale upwardly only when a new console is released, and then flat-line until the consoles have been milked for what they're worth. Skyrim is a great example, because current Gen. consoles are reaching the end of that milking cycle (a year or two left before they are considered dinosaurs). To a pc gamer, this means no dx11, no tessellation, and no current Gen. graphics. don't get me wrong, skyrim looks great, but for pc gamers, skyrim is clearly a game that fell onto the end of the milking cycle. it's cpu heavy at times, under-utilizes even mid-range graphic cards of today, and in many ways, is a half-baked port. not all console ports are bad, but in the case of skyrim, its clear the dev's took a minimalistic approach in the porting dept.

really though, i think the point here, is that pc gamers don't hate on console gamers, as much as to how the development cycle of console differs immensely from pc. when new generation consoles come out, pc gamers applaud the marvelous visuals of games that push their rigs. when consoles are at the end of their cycle, pc gamers rip their hair out because of dated technology, and hate on the consoles, and blame them for holding gaming back. its a cycle, guess which part of the cycle we are at? :whistling: