Magical Vending Machine

DarkusRelling

Out: A 33⅓ RPM album copy of Thick As A Brick, with the "St Cleve Chronicle" newspaper in the cover still intact, and the crossword puzzle still untouched.

In: One of Ian Anderson's flutes.  (Don't ask where it came from.)

---------------------------------------------

4 hours ago, zixi said:

careful now JT was never particularly easy to dance to.

Indeed, they never shied away much from odd meters/rhythms.  "Living in the Past" is still one of best songs in 5/4 that I've heard. 😎 

My dad's been a Jethro Tull fan since ~1970, and I inherited much of his taste for them.  I still throw on my old CD of Songs From the Wood on the occasional out-of-town woodland drive.  I've listened Benefit or Aqualung or the Original Masters best-of many times when driving or wandering around St Paul.  And I listen to the Christmas Album and The Broadsword and the Beast at some point every winter.

Edited by AaronOfMpls
  • Like 2

Out: The Dragonborn in person with a copy of The Dragon Breeders's Guide by Sybil Vimes (of Discworld fame). The Dragonborn herds up said stray dragon intent of taking the waif and stray to Sybil who is always on the look out for dragons to rescue.

In: 'A sigh of relief' ( from the amassed crowds afraid of both the dragon and the Dragonborn.)

Edited by zixi
forgetfulness
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, AaronOfMpls said:

My dad's been a Jethro Tull fan since ~1970, and I inherited much of his taste for them.  I still throw on my old CD of Songs From the Wood on the occasional out-of-town woodland drive.  I've listened Benefit or Aqualung or the Original Masters best-of many times when driving or wandering around St Paul.  And I listen to the Christmas Album and The Broadsword and the Beast at some point every winter.

I started listening as a child. Tull was my fave group. I still listen and admire now. Thick as a Brick was amazing as was Passion Play... I gave my vinyl away and re-bought on CD  many many years ago though not everything. Somehow Thick as a Brick would be strange on CD without the newspaper... There's an instrumental version of some of Tull's work with Anderson playing with the orchestra. It's really interesting. You'll recognise his playing immediately as it is very distinctive. There's also an acoustic album which is very very nice indeed... I listen to those two a lot - still... 

• Like 2

Out: An quiet evening for a couple in love planning to make a baby and meet in a cave that is cooler inside then the blazing heat at night.

In: Trebonius Artorius's secret instrument the Trombone.

• Like 1

Out < Pagafyr's skeleton (Get it Trombone lol)

In > A giant's toe (common alchemy ingredient in skyrim) 

Out → 10 gold and a receipt from Arcadia.

In ← A red Swingline stapler.

Out: A very, very, very, very, very, very, very (you've got the idea) large pile of pennies...

In: A staff - Echo of the Fiend +3 from Baldur's Gate (I&2) - Siege of Dragonspear . I won this fair and square by solving a riddle. However, as it seems incapable of travelling to BG2 with me, I may as well stick it in the MVM. It's an unremarkable weapon to look at - Thrix (the fiend I got it from) thinks it's just a bit of old wood. 

Out: Wood dust and chips.

In: The first contract ever written and on papyrus; it may have been a deed for the purchase of land now known as Tibet, but some of what is written is part of a lost language the sellers (China) and the buyers (someone who won a bet and afterwards got it, but because the two players could not break a tie until the third game.  The China person didn't want to quit without another chance and lost.  So the land became known as Tie breaker and thus later shortened to TiBet in the language of the two players.)