Bob's Armory: Skyrim

MrDave

I haven't gotten the glow map to work correctly in game for the soul gem in the pommel... it either all glows with the self illumination turned on, or I have to leave it off.... but here is an Orcish scimitar, complete with the eye of Gruumsh carved into the handle.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are looking great so far. I hate to ask but what are your plans for release? Not so much in terms of when but how. Will weapons be released individually (like the Conan swords), in small packs as and when you complete them (not unlike Jaysus' weapons) or as a single "Bob's Armory" mod when you consider that you've done all that you want to do?

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to using the Lucern Hammer.

I'll be releasing these as one mod, not pieces. The only reason I released (or even made for that matter) the Conan swords on their own was because I was getting tired of people getting banned over confused IP ownership and permissions. I wanted to get a set out there that folks could do anything they wanted with.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, due to all of the issues regarding dismemberment (even there isn't any, save for decapitation) causing items to not show in game, I think the clothing items will be left out.

Hehe... I work fast, but the wonky way the nif formatting works is slow. I went ahead and made a hat last night, textured it this morning, and have spent the past few hours trying to get it to show up in the CK. Why does it always take longer to get an item into game than it takes to make the item?

...started at 11:30 this morning. Finally got it in and showing at 4:47 this afternoon... with assertions in the CK. >:\

Hat: 477 verts. My budget was 500 due to the count of the plumage, which puts it up over 1k verts. Still need to finish the cowl and remove the lower planes for the plumage and just do the stencil thing... or whatever it's called now... to cut down on the poly count.

Oh yeah, and in my rush to get it into game, I forgot to make the normal map a normal map and accidentally left it a bump map... guess what it did.... worked as a specular and glow map at the same time from the normal map slot. I was wondering why my glow maps weren't working on my other items. Now I know. Slot 1 is trying to read them instead of slot 2.

Edited by Mr. Dave