Real Magic? I would like to discover what you think real magic is in you opinion.

Deleted54170User

Incidentally I notice you have chosen to use Crowley's spelling to mean real, as opposed to the illusionist.

What can I say about the man? His teachings in my opinion were mostly suited and ment for him, in his time.

If you really interested in the occult my advice to you is not to worry if its real or not. (hell if you want to be catholic) Keep an open mind, doubt everything and only suspend your disbelief while you run experiments.

Don't have faith in anything or what anyone tells you. If you cant do this you wont get very far. Faith is simply believing something with no reason to do so. Ignorance destroys, wisdom enlightens.

The wise man is the true innocent. Innocence is a thing earned and not born of inexperience. Otherwise by definition it could not exist except as a propped up kept delusion, and there would be no goodness or beauty in this world.

In addition, exploring certain modes of thinking can offer unquestionable real psychological benefits, and success in your life, on a everyday level...build your will and broaden your aesthetic understanding, point you to studies of history even known valid scientific research (not speaking of crazy faux science here)...films , visionary fiction and art.

With a mature perspective you cant go wrong,

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidentally I notice you have chosen to use Crowley's spelling to mean real, as opposed to the illusionist.

What can I say about the man? His teachings in my opinion were mostly suited and ment for him, in his time.

If you really interested in the occult my advice to you is not to worry if its real or not. (hell if you want to be catholic) Keep an open mind, doubt everything and only suspend your disbelief while you run experiments.

Don't have faith in anything or what anyone tells you. If you cant do this you wont get very far. Faith is simply believing something with no reason to do so. Ignorance destroys, wisdom enlightens.

The wise man is the true innocent. Innocence is a thing earned and not born of inexperience. Otherwise by definition it could not exist except as a propped up kept delusion, and there would be no goodness or beauty in this world.

In addition, exploring certain modes of thinking can offer unquestionable real psychological benefits, and success in your life, on a everyday level...build your will and broaden your aesthetic understanding, point you to studies of history even known valid scientific research (not speaking of crazy faux science here)...films , visionary fiction and art.

Ok,no offense,so far, but why do you see yourself as some sort of seer?What gives you the impression that your perception is superior to others?

Ok,no offense,so far, but why do you see yourself as some sort of seer?What gives you the impression that your perception is superior to others?

No, its not about that. Someone asks a question I try to helpfully answer it based on my life expediences my research and that of friends and family. I enjoy it. I also like helping others, by nature, it selfishly pleases me I guess.

There is no one way about anything. Its not about being a seer. (its certainly not about being right as some people in politics think) Its personal considered opinion, not a absolute.

With all the knowledge that exists only a fool assumes they know all there is to know about a subject.

That very attitude would kill personal growth (or be a sign of mental illness).

If I actually did that would make me really depressed you know. Relatively speaking I know very little, data is infinite, evolution continues, and that's as it should be.

Edited by skyquest32

I am studying wisdom. Fiction and non-fiction wisdom. Both support the other just as hypothesis and theory work to invoke discovery and reassemble the memories of our ancestors. Looking into the words of another provides miraculous occurrences. Such is a picture someone produced, via one method or another. A miraculous outward look that so captured the attention of someone it caused someone to create a way to craft an image. It began so that someone scratch drawings on the ground, drew with fingers, sticks, sticks with brushes using ashes, blood, dirt, clay, berries, and many other ways for adding color.

All of them made it a goal to creating new tools to capture an image that they found captivating to their attention.

Something as captivating as a view must have great magic to be able to stop us in our daily lives to peer in wonder upon a scene we can only see with our eyes? A scene so captivating it makes us want to share it must cause something in us to be aware of the power of such a moment that may, excuse the cliche', take our breath away?

Video games images are bits and pieces of images someone chose to make possible so they could assemble what they were able to imagine. See with their minds eyes; imagine.

Because I am limited by some distortion to my physical body does my mind create dreams while I sleep to entertain me so when I wake up I feel like I have been wholly fulfilled in ways my body cannot join in the travels like people who are not limited in any way and can walk to the next position to pick some food and get some water?

Is dreaming, while asleep, created or am I traveling via some form of, yet defined, magic?

Can you define babbling?I can but you won't like it,ok do i care? No...um...you're babbling and it's so bloody obvious that you should be ashamed of yourself. Word salad is not wisdom it's ignorance in a transparent dress.

Yes! I am, and trying diligently to find out why and, if possible, correct what I need to, to get realigned if need be.

Salad! Yum! I pick through one occasionally. Looking for what wonders I can expose that may be what I need to continue daily seeking another bite of what I need which magical appears when I look from where, I used to find it, to somewhere where there is some more.

Yes! I am, and trying diligently to find out why and, if possible, correct what I need to, to get realigned if need be.

Salad! Yum! I pick through one occasionally. Looking for what wonders I can expose that may be what I need to continue daily seeking another bite of what I need which magical appears when I look from where, I used to find it, to somewhere where there is some more.

Babbling is not wisdom,Babbling is not poetry ,Babbling is Babbling,why do you seek to confuse?Babbling is in no way impressive.You really should stop it.

Babbling is not wisdom,Babbling is not poetry ,Babbling is Babbling,why do you seek to confuse?Babbling is in no way impressive.You really should stop it.

Your disclaimer makes it very clear you take no responsibility for your written words I can see. Which confounds your words before the written stuff you write can confound me so there in anything you. Anything you write can not be taken any more seriously then another hypothetical wonder.

gandalftw's disclaimer:

Disclaimer:

The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely those of Gandalf aka,The Wizard. These views and opinions do not represent those of any entity,humanoid or no,that exists,in fact or in theory,in this dimension.

I add that I did a synopsis, or maybe it is babbling to your sort, but after all I read from the latest posts; I wonder.

Define what babbly and synopsis have in common! Please.

Your disclaimer makes it very clear you take no responsibility for your written words I can see. Which confounds your words before the written stuff you write can confound me so there in anything you. Anything you write can not be taken any more seriously then another hypothetical wonder.

gandalftw's disclaimer:

Disclaimer:

The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely those of Gandalf aka,The Wizard. These views and opinions do not represent those of any entity,humanoid or no,that exists,in fact or in theory,in this dimension.

I add that I did a synopsis, or maybe it is babbling to your sort, but after all I read from the latest posts; I wonder.

Define what babbly and synopsis have in common! Please.

What? Hehe my disclaimer makes me solely responsible.You are wonderful keep doing what you're doing. .