Real Magic? I would like to discover what you think real magic is in you opinion.

Deleted54170User

Magic=unexplained phenomenon. My parents can be magicked with a cell phone and cardboard projection box.
Illusion=tricking the audience to believe something happened other than what happened in reality. David Copperfield making elephants disappear on a tarmac.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am studying wisdom. Fiction and non-fiction wisdom. Both support the other just as hypothesis and theory work to invoke discovery and reassemble the memories of our ancestors. Looking into the words of another provides miraculous occurrences. Such is a picture someone produced, via one method or another. A miraculous outward look that so captured the attention of someone it caused someone to create a way to craft an image. It began so that someone scratch drawings on the ground, drew with fingers, sticks, sticks with brushes using ashes, blood, dirt, clay, berries, and many other ways for adding color.

All of them made it a goal to creating new tools to capture an image that they found captivating to their attention.

Something as captivating as a view must have great magic to be able to stop us in our daily lives to peer in wonder upon a scene we can only see with our eyes? A scene so captivating it makes us want to share it must cause something in us to be aware of the power of such a moment that may, excuse the cliche', take our breath away?

Video games images are bits and pieces of images someone chose to make possible so they could assemble what they were able to imagine. See with their minds eyes; imagine.

Because I am limited by some distortion to my physical body does my mind create dreams while I sleep to entertain me so when I wake up I feel like I have been wholly fulfilled in ways my body cannot join in the travels like people who are not limited in any way and can walk to the next position to pick some food and get some water?

Is dreaming, while asleep, created or am I traveling via some form of, yet defined, magic?

A pc rpg game is a valid metaphor for life. On multiple levels technically as in what it is how it works the space it occupies, and on the level of interaction and functional structure as in a way dose dreams despite and because of there other base function, think of physics as well.

One must also account for the ultimate source. My father is a learned teacher from a long line of them, and since modern technology and society offered many exciting new metaphors, not available at other points, I often think about these things in this light.

The reason you wont get many straightforward answers here is because this mode of thinking contently has little relevance in the daily lives of some of the people present. Few devote there lives and beings to such truths, or if they find them they do so in there own way. You should not take offense.

This is to degree, true of all ages and peoples but more so now, as we are living in a transit, philosophical and spiritual dark age, where only certain scientist come close to truth and function in a limited capacity as the teachers and high priests of the modern age.

Edited by skyquest32

• 10 months later...

Archaeologists, Paleontologists, etc., etc., Priests, and Teachers collect information, history, traditions, and artifacts from the life and the play of pagan people, forest people, jungle people, desert people, mountain people, and meadow people.

People's lives recorded by scholars were used by them to attract attention to those ways. History repeatedly shows us how Scholars, Priests, Teachers behave and they, among the least of those who wonder and wander off, and go exploring, are as childlike as the rest.

Childlike beings? Human. Consider what our elders did to provide free will in our day to day living. Free will, free speech, free roaming, and free to choose. All those types of freedom were created by people who invented ways to communicate. Magic? Communication? All of that which allows us to makeup entertaining ideas.

If I cannot find a person who will go off on a wild journey than I am reduced to seeking what is beyond the borders of what I know among the group, shelters, and fences. I learn, but am alone.

What I learn will get no attention unless I am able to provide visible proof that; what I saw is real.

"Visible Proof" A camera is made up of magic parts that all provide a way to picture what some people accept as truth. Magic?

Illusion magic is made up of deception, getting the attention away from the actual trickery, known as, The Art of Illusion Magic.

In My Opinion Real magic is: A house that keeps us comfortable and makes us feel safe. A refrigerator where food can be preserved. A stove top range and oven...where recipes which give us real taste delights...can be put together to make a meal that makes a holiday story with fantasy, myths, and science fiction seem even more real while giving even stronger magic to what we think of as REAL. A camera to take still or moving pictures. A radio or television that can produce sounds and gives us pictures we can see so others...who adventure beyond the border of homeland security we all know about...can share what they have heard and seen.

My Mom taught me how to tie my shoelaces, "Real Magic is tieing a knot," that keeps the real shoes...someone imagined and then created, with the ability of their mind. Now we all have shoes that stay on our feet.

Those moments you look into your lover's eyes and see their unconditional love and support in them during tough times without anything needing to be said- that for me is magic. Compassion for your friends and enemies alike, sympathy for the poor or downtrodden, forgiveness for our trespasses against others- that is magic. Put simply, human enlightenment and ascendancy for all to a higher, more perfect existence. That is magic to me. Sorry, getting old I guess. :smile:

Those moments you look into your lover's eyes and see their unconditional love and support in them during tough times- that for me is magic. Compassion for your friends and enemies alike, sympathy for the poor or downtrodden, forgiveness for our trespasses against others- that is magic. Put simply, human enlightenment and ascendancy for all to a higher, more perfect existence. That is magic to me. Sorry if this doesn't answer the OP directly. :smile:

I like the theme of your magical wonder.

A tingling sensation raising the follicles of hair all over the body; when I am warm and just thinking about a past memory; makes me feel like there is substance to your thinking.

Even a movie scene or two has caused me such emotional experiences.

I like the one where I saw the scenes, the bloopers, not known about 20 years later. An actress, they called women actresses back then, playing out a scene with just her face in the view of the screen. In the part she needed some tears flowing.

She was reminded when she is so happy to see her pet poodle returned to her. The director, had the camera man shooting as she was staring at the camera while the tears flowed. The scene that was shot before that, showed a man standing with his arms out stepping out of the fog and she was supposed to be so glad to see him.

I felt the sense of being so happy she was glad to see me, but just then the camera switched back to the man she saw and they were hugging.

While I was writing I remembered how Donna Reed was so full of joy when Jimmy Stewart returned home after a long night of living hell, in the world, if he had not been born... I think I'll watch that this month just to stir up those great old memories of watching movies with family.

"It's a Wonderful Life!"

Those moments you look into your lover's eyes and see their unconditional love and support in them during tough times- that for me is magic. Compassion for your friends and enemies alike, sympathy for the poor or downtrodden, forgiveness for our trespasses against others- that is magic. Put simply, human enlightenment and ascendancy for all to a higher, more perfect existence. That is magic to me. Sorry if this doesn't answer the OP directly. :smile:

I like the theme of your magical wonder.

A tingling sensation raising the follicles of hair all over the body; when I am warm and just thinking about a past memory; makes me feel like there is substance to your thinking.

Even a movie scene or two has caused me such emotional experiences.

I like the one where I saw the scenes, the bloopers, not known about 20 years later. An actress, they called women actresses back then, playing out a scene with just her face in the view of the screen. In the part she needed some tears flowing.

She was reminded when she is so happy to see her pet poodle returned to her. The director, had the camera man shooting as she was staring at the camera while the tears flowed. The scene that was shot before that, showed a man standing with his arms out stepping out of the fog and she was supposed to be so glad to see him.

I felt the sense of being so happy she was glad to see me, but just then the camera switched back to the man she saw and they were hugging.

While I was writing I remembered how Donna Reed was so full of joy when Jimmy Stewart returned home after a long night of living hell, in the world, if he had not been born... I think I'll watch that this month just to stir up those great old memories of watching movies with family.

"It's a Wonderful Life!"

It is a wonderful thing, to be alive. I mean truly alive. I might sound quite whimsical to say this, but, there are so many things about life and living that are quite wondrous and magical to me. From the spring flowers in the fields to the vast expanses of the ocean, our planet and the billions of stars in the night sky. I do believe we are spiritual beings- despite what many would have us think. Don't worry, I'm not going to start preaching or hug a tree or anything. It's just how I feel after spending my life weighing the facts and such. Then comparing those "facts" to my observations in life. Have a pleasant weekend. :smile:

It is a wonderful thing, to be alive. I mean truly alive. I might sound quite whimsical to say this, but, there are so many things about life and living that are quite wondrous and magical to me. From the spring flowers in the fields to the vast expanses of the ocean, our planet and the billions of stars in the night sky. I do believe we are spiritual beings- despite what many would have us think. Don't worry, I'm not going to start preaching or hug a tree or anything. It's just how I feel after spending my life weighing the facts and such. Then comparing those "facts" to my observations in life. Have a pleasant weekend. :smile:

Aw! You made more sense of the magic of the things we take for granted, like shoes and shoelaces. We can make another life for our self, people do it all the time, "Magic of the Mind". We can see the living force of the planet Earth, views which change, like the pond I used to visit. The land was barren weeds and grasses all Winter the year before I saw it rise out the soil week by week.

In the Spring it seeped up out of the ground and became the source of hundreds of living beings, even a mud turtle that I found had been hibernating in the ground all Winter, "Magic of Nature". The water disappeared in the Autumn leaving dead weeds and grasses again and again, where it once was...every season for years when I was growing up.

I've admired the ways of life, wondrous and more holy than any other magic. Holy speeches are magic of the mind. Without a strong will, good charisma, and a healthy appearance speakers tend to fade away fast...where I live. Snake oil salesmen were fading out, pharmacist's setting up business, doctors made house calls, and hospitals were the last resort.

Now we have to seek out a doctor, pills are often over the counter, people needing preventative medicine often age them self faster than the rest,

Cher is a perfectly lovely example of how cosmetic we all have become.

Magic! It's a strange word for a modern society who know very little about the power of the word.

• 1 month later...

I've found another clue that magic is real. Not fanciful, but blunt.

Here's a magic trick I learned.

When you have not thought, nor even picture of an kind on your mind, get a piece of paper, (I tore the seams of a cereal box because I didn't have any plain paper without lines on it.) Pick up a pencil, press it down on the paper and lightly start drawing a line in any direction you feel like.

I would bet you, that after a few moments real magic happens.

• 9 months later...