A 53 yr old's view of difficulty

jeters5

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that the younger players (under 35?) are surprised at so many older gamers here, yet the older gamers here are die-hards! I suspect we are a self-selecting bunch. (If we were old and not gamers, I kinda doubt that we would be posting here...)

From my own experience, I got away from gaming for a decade while focused on career and such. Now that I'm secure and looking forward to retirement in 10 years or so, I'm back with a vengeance and here to stay! I am so thrilled with the progress in games these last 10 years that I am looking forward to retiring and really immersing in the games of 2021... TES VIII should be a real blast!

The elderscrolls community just got better!

I knew there were many of us "advanced adults" that were gamers.

It is called ELDERscrolls after all. <--- I'm overjoyed at my own wit.

TES appeals to the imagination and nobody has imagination like those that played text based games on the computer.

My first graphic interface experience was Kings Quest. I loved that whole series and still do.

I also recall the Ultima series as a fun time. But TES had me at "... so you're finally awake..."

What is nice to see is the adults that didn't do much of the "gaming" before and the youngbloods that are taking time from sniping that noob, on some online shooter.

The elderscrolls community just got better!

I knew there were many of us "advanced adults" that were gamers.

It is called ELDERscrolls after all. <--- I'm overjoyed at my own wit.

TES appeals to the imagination and nobody has imagination like those that played text based games on the computer.

My first graphic interface experience was Kings Quest. I loved that whole series and still do.

I also recall the Ultima series as a fun time. But TES had me at "... so you're finally awake..."

What is nice to see is the adults that didn't do much of the "gaming" before and the youngbloods that are taking time from sniping that noob, on some online shooter.

Well thank you for bursting my little bubble. I will never again look at 'Elder' scrolls the same again. *sniff

I think my first real introduction with a game on PC was 'Myst' many years ago. Then gave gaming up for quite a while. How I got back into playing games is a funny story, but too long to tell here (and no one would believe me anyway.)

That should scare you more than anything.

nah! after a certain age you are to cynical to be scared!

Tip from an "older" person. Do something with your life before you get too old to be able to do it. :thumbsup:

TAKE THIS TIP! and be lazy as much as you can, because when you get older your bladder wont let you :). (I am kidding, dont be lazy)

----------------------

Damn, reading through your posts I feel young again. I thought with 35 you were considered a Dinosaur in Computerbusiness but it seems there is still hope.

Keep on rocking guys!

You bring up another interesting point and again, going a bit off topic. I think there are a lot of older games that would do well for the younger generation if they were remade and brought up today's standards. I have to think that this could be a mini goldmine for some of the game producers. Yes, it would take a lot of time, but I would guess that it would pay off in the long run. I wonder if any of the game producers have ever thought of this. I just recently got Halo Anniversary and it is pretty good, I was genuinely surprised. Just a thought.

GOG seem to do pretty well out of this, although they don't update the old games.

I'm 51, & think you can make the game a difficult as you want by the way you choose to play.

Unfortunately you can't choose to have anything you do have an impact on the game.

Am 37 still a pup by the looks of it in this post nice,s to no that people of all age,s still play computer games,

What i would like to no from all you older gamers is how much time do you put in to your gameing..???? a week.

This last year i,m putting down about 8 hours game play a day.

i,m a games junkie my self no time for t.v. or books lol

Hmm, the first game I wrote was the "Lunar Landing" for HP-41C calculator in 1982 (?).

Shortly after that, I got the ZX-81 computer with 16KB RAM and I wrote the "StarTrek" game for it. The game idea was copied from game written for TRS-80 or similar computer. NIce big universe (8x8x8 cube), letter "E" on screen was the Enterprise spaceship, there was Klingons and Enterprise was able to fire phasers and photon torpedoes. :)

Dude I think I played that on my brothers computer. I remember a Star Trek game it was pretty tough I always got my ship blown up, I think I was 6.