Does anyone still play Skyrim?

Lehcar

Sometimes I think they might lean a little too heavily on mod creators though... compare base morrowind to base skyrim and you realize how much stuff has hit the cutting room floor over the years.

It has more to do with Bethesda team not increasing their staff numbers. With limited resources when you try to improve visuals and animations, content will suffer.

Bethesda studio is really small, only about 120 members during peak of project development (Fallout 3 was done by 80 people) where other big studios hire help in such situations (over 1.000 people were working on GTA 5 for example). The logic behind this is that they do not want to give jobs to new people and then let them go after a year or so. They are sticking with core team only.

After Fallout 4 success a big chunk of the income will be invested into new engine and training developers how to work with it. They will have to do it fast before they run out of money.

You can see why modding community has an upper hand when creating new content without any manpower or time restrictions. Nexus is more like a triple A studio when you combine together all the work which has been put towards improving the game.

I have stopped quite some time ago, sank more than 1000 hours in it, so kinda lost passion a bit, still, waiting for remaster, curious how things will change when it's out, if it will work well (which I really doubt), I'll probably get back to it.

You might like it after you give it some time to catch up to 32bit edition. All the existing mods will have to get re-saved in the CK, but we will be able to sqeeze in more scripts and objects without overloading our rigs.

I still play it because it actually runs on my machine. When the Canadian currency tanked this year, upgrading my desktop became much more expensive, so I'm putting it off in the hopes that our dollar gains some strength. There are other reasons that people may not be upgrading their computers. So for those folks, the newest games aren't necessarily as attractive as older ones.

Also, I got into making my own personal mods for Skyrim, and it's quite... addictive. Sometimes I think I enjoy building things more than I do playing. I'm probably not the only one. :)