Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

moxica

Wait..Is this seriously going to have its own version of the creation kit? Can I please see a link or some proof? If this is true my expectations of this game just went through the roof, and I already am set to buy it on Tuesday.

See page 8, no SDK for Kingdoms of Amalur

As for the demo, the gameplay's fun but the art direction just isn't appealing to me.

i have no problems with that type of art style when it fits the game like borderlands. the cartoon style worked so well in that game because it didnt take itself so seriously. KoA does. i liked fable's style too but KoA looks too much like WOW. i think im still getting the game hopefully more reviews come out, ign's seems to be the only one right.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have no problems with that type of art style when it fits the game like borderlands. the cartoon style worked so well in that game because it didnt take itself so seriously. KoA does. i liked fable's style too but KoA looks too much like WOW. i think im still getting the game hopefully more reviews come out, ign's seems to be the only one right.

Spot on Hector. Borderlands' art style IMO was excellent and Fable grew on me... it made me wow just in the first 15 minutes. When you do (or the others) get KoA, don't hesitate to tell us what you liked or not liked about it. :happy:

iv'e seen some of the Trailer vids floating around the net and i`m quite impressed tbh haven't played the demo tho but i heard you can get in-game bonus when you play ME3 when it comes out, i`m still thinking of buying this game on the 360 but if there will be a CK release on this game then perhaps it's better on the PC.

I hear good reviews from multiple sites :D and claudia black is just awsome

Edited by spets21

The game is alright. I'm not a fan of the UI its actually easier to plug my 360 controller in and play. The graphics are decent but the textures shift, like trees move walls disapear.

No. There will be no SDK.

I'm not counting on it one way or another, but there is a dev comment on their boards which suggests they might release an SDK at some point.

Like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up, but the devs did indicate their intention of making the game moddable. Basically, I wouldn't have bought the game if it weren't for that comment.

Here's what it says for those who don't want to follow the link:

Our ultimate goal will be to release our full tool set to our players to allow them to mod our games, any game, as much as they'd like. That community is amazing at extending the life of games and we want that same sort of interest in games we make.
Edited by xaliqen

They've already told me in PM that there will not be an SDK. They said they "might" help with helping with unpacking files or whatever else might help in people working it all out themselves, but that's unlikely. But definitely no tools.