This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

The site has been very busy lately, joyous1ariella, from the recent Steam summer sale. (It's still doing a lot better than it did last Christmas, though. :D )

Can anyone give me some pointers as to why I'm unable to upload my Readme.txt file? I've managed to upload it in the past, but for the last week or so I haven't been able to do so. I've tried various name formats (ReadMe.txt, readme.txt, Readme.txt, UserGuide.txt, etc.), my mod page looks like this (Readme is not showing):

http://jesusfuck.me/di/KFRD/rm.png

and the "View as a .txt" sends me to this page:

http://jesusfuck.me/di/CHAS/Untitled.png

The filename doesn't seem to matter. Mine are almost always AoM_ModName.txt (where AoM_ModName.esp is the actual mod file you put in your game). I don't think encoding matters, either (though mine are always UTF-8 ).

Is the file plain-text (i.e., something you'd save with Notepad or similar)?

If it is, the site might've just been busy (see my previous posts in this thread). Have you tried again at a quieter time?

Edited by AaronOfMpls

Thanks for the reply Aaron.

For some reason, no matter what filename I use, the filename gets renamed to: nexusmods.com/mods/166/readmes/ModName_readme.txt . Not sure if this has anything to do with my problem.

I usually do the ReadMe w/ Notepad, which by default seems to use ANSI, but I've also tried UTF-8 to no avail.

True that the site has been quite busy but:

• 17:26, 11 Jul 2014 Readme removed
  • 17:26, 11 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 15:50, 11 Jul 2014 Readme removed
  • 15:50, 11 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 16:37, 10 Jul 2014 Readme removed
  • 16:37, 10 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 1:20, 10 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 22:10, 9 Jul 2014 Readme removed
  • 22:10, 9 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 17:02, 9 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 17:02, 9 Jul 2014 Readme removed
  • 17:01, 9 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 12:15, 5 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 18:48, 4 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 18:46, 4 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 14:26, 3 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 14:25, 3 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 14:25, 3 Jul 2014 Readme removed
  • 3:03, 3 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 3:03, 3 Jul 2014 Readme removed
  • 3:01, 3 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 3:01, 3 Jul 2014 Readme removed
  • 1:49, 3 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 1:49, 3 Jul 2014 Readme removed
  • 1:45, 3 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 1:44, 3 Jul 2014 Readme removed
  • 1:39, 3 Jul 2014 Readme added
  • 1:38, 3 Jul 2014 Readme removed

At this point, I've put the ReadMe in a forum post, though I would obviously prefer to use the ReadMe tab.

Have you tried refreshing (or hard-refreshing, Ctrl-F5) the page after uploading? Maybe it's there, but you just aren't seeing it yet.

(Don't worry about the Nexus renaming the file; that's normal. I always stick a copy with the original name in the same zip as my mod, anyway.)

Nope, it's missing to me, too. The Readme tab on your mod is blank, and the .txt link goes to "Page not found!" :sad:

I also uploaded a test readme to one of my simpler mods a few minutes ago, and it went through OK. Re-uploading the original worked, too.

:unsure: :wacko:

That readme link up there seems to be missing the game name to me, but regardless of this all the "Readme removed" entries in the Action Log look suspicious.

If it wasn't you every time removing your readme yourself always a short while after unsuccessfully adding it, something behind the scenes must be going wrong here and it'd certainly be time to file a ticket.

And even if it was you every time, this still won't explain why you can't seem to succeed in uploading a readme file in the first place. Filing a ticket so the technical staff will look into it certainly won't be a bad idea.

I removed the readmes myself: didn't want to leave an empty tab.

I did open a ticket (July 12), didn't get a reply but I was finally able to upload readmes (July 14).

The only thing that changed between the 12th and the 14th was my preferences getting reset (I didn't do it, so I must assume it was done following my ticket - although I've had my preferences reset on their own before).