This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

What browser? And, have you tried another browser to test to see if it is the browser?

I suggest trying with a portable version of a browser - these can be run from a USB so if there is something on your computer blocking it will be bypassed.

Here is a site with several portable browsers. http://portableapps.com/apps/internet

I have seen this when using PaleMoon browser. Downloading manually works though.

!. I use FF - It works for me.

2. Hundreds of thousands of other Nexus users use FF, it works for them. ( with over 10 million users at least 10% use FF)

3. It doesn't work for you, so obviously it MUST be something on Nexus that only affects you.
4. Since it only affects you, we need more information from you. Otherwise doing anything from this end is just shooting in the dark.

I will be happy to provide you with whatever you think you will need. just let me know, and I will put it in here.

Thanks again for all your support in this situation. I am sure it is just some little something that I have overlooked, and it will be obvious that I have made a really dumb mistake when we find it. I am getting old and you know there are three things that start to go when you get old. The first is memory and I cant remember the other two!! LOL

By the way, I doubt it is something on the site. I probably tweaked some little something, and messed it all up. It COULD be something on the site, but I imagine it is on my system. Again just let me know what you need from me, and I will send it to you as long as it does not affect my personal system security.

The first thing is to test with a portable browser. That either confirms it is something to do with your browser or not.

For testing. try downloading manually. Some browsers don't like the Download with manager, but work fine with manually downloading. I see this with PaleMoon ( a 64bit fork of FF)

Then, look at any antivirus, firewall, script blocker or other security add on and check to see if maybe your ad blocker is causing a problem ( We do not block you for having an ad blocker like some sites)

I'll be 70 in September. I have forgotten more about computers than many of the kiddies here will ever learn. :whistling:

well, I got you on age, anyway - I will be 73 in October!!! LOL OH WELL! I guess it just proves that we "Oldsters" still like to have fun!! I really enjoy playing the games, Especially SOLO RPG games like skyrim, oblivion, Dragon age (entire series) two worlds, etc. I DO play a couple of the on line games, but I am too set in my ways to enjoy grouping with a bunch of idiot teen-agers! LOL

I imagine you are right that I have some weird setting that is preventing the site from seeing me? I tried manually downloading on firefox, but got the same blank screen and the notice that the mod could not be found.

I am not sure what a "portable browser" is but will Chrome or internet explorer work for a test? I have both of them on this system (home made - AMD 8 core/ 16gb ram / Nvidia 760GT 2mb video card, and 2TB hard drive.) I DO have a couple of things that COULD be blocking the site, Advanced System Care Pro, and IOBIT Malware fighter. I can turn them off if you think that will help.

Once again thanks for all your help!

TheBHolder (I am the guy who decides who is pretty and who isn't, since "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!" LOL)

(snip)

I'll be 70 in September. I have forgotten more about computers than many of the kiddies here will ever learn. :whistling:

(snip)

That's MY problem... I just wish that I could remember it all...

Sorry, go back to troubleshooting now...

firstly yes I did search the forums and i used google to search the forums

When I donate to a mod author, I use paypal. On my side my entire real name and address shows up, does it show up for the mod author as well?!

Edited by amakachao

So, I used to keep a few pages open on the Nexus while doing something else to follow up on my mods comments, have a look at the new mods, the forums, etc. Now if I try to do that after a while some horrible noise just covers everything else and tries to make me deaf (I'm on headphones). Oh, its just an ad, which by the way makes my audio unusable until either I turn it off or close the nexus page(s). Guess which one do I choose?

I understand ads and don't mind, but the only result you will ever get from me with this crap is to leave (not a chance I'll ever try to look which phishing website is trying to get my banking account password... maybe this is a security feature after all?).

Suggestion: annoying people with a noise which is far too loud to keep on don't really make them look for your stuff.

Edited by GlorfindelCotton

GlorfindelCotton: Try muting tabs. Right click at the top and Firefox and Chrome have an option to mute tabs. Chrome can tell you which one is talking even.

I saw the password message, and thought of an addition to it: Telling people how to relog into Nexus Mod Manager. It's a slightly obscure button in the lower left side of the interface that I didn't even realize was button