This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Hello,

I would like to address a certain ad problem I have with the nexus mod site for Skyrim. There is a single ad that pops up over the search bar and covers some mods up making it impossible to search for anything at all, and look at the top mods entirely. This has been frustrating and has been a problem for me for a while now. I would suggest at least making the ad smaller or putting it somewhere else, so if other users have this problem they might have some relief like I will. I have a photo If anyone wishes to see proof of my problem. If anyone has a suggestion on how to fix it that would be greatly appreciated.

The Nexus uses a third party ad provider and thus does not control ad content. If you are having issues with an ad you need to take a screenshot of the page where the ad appears and post it so that Dark0ne can contact the ad vendor and get it taken down.

The Rabbit

Hello,

I would like to address a certain ad problem I have with the nexus mod site for Skyrim. There is a single ad that pops up over the search bar and covers some mods up making it impossible to search for anything at all, and look at the top mods entirely. This has been frustrating and has been a problem for me for a while now. I would suggest at least making the ad smaller or putting it somewhere else, so if other users have this problem they might have some relief like I will. I have a photo If anyone wishes to see proof of my problem. If anyone has a suggestion on how to fix it that would be greatly appreciated.

The Nexus uses a third party ad provider and thus does not control ad content. If you are having issues with an ad you need to take a screenshot of the page where the ad appears and post it so that Dark0ne can contact the ad vendor and get it taken down.

The Rabbit

Actually there's should be a "report ad" button when the ad appears that a member should push to report the ad as it happens and bring it to Dark0ne's attention. The old way was proving an ineffective method of keeping track of things so they moved onto this method and even changed their ad provider entirely once they realized how many malicious ads they were letting through. So things are much better this way and it's no longer necessary to take and upload screencaps.

You can report it but I don't have much to tell you. I don't have any trouble keeping a tab on the modsite open without experiencing freezing. Perhaps you have a plugin or addon in your browser that disagrees with the nexus.

Actually there's should be a "report ad" button when the ad appears that a member should push to report the ad as it happens and bring it to Dark0ne's attention. The old way was proving an ineffective method of keeping track of things so they moved onto this method and even changed their ad provider entirely once they realized how many malicious ads they were letting through. So things are much better this way and it's no longer necessary to take and upload screencaps.

That's right. I've never had call to use it so I'm not so familiar with it. Thank you, Oubliette, I will try to remember that.

The Rabbit

I have an issue, the NMM isn't updating the info again on mods. When I click the "Check for Mod updates" it doesn't do anything. I can go to some of the mod pages and it will show an update is available but in NMM I still have the "Current" version.

My question is this, who is responsible for the mod information to update in NMM, NMM or the mod maker?

Because I'm unsure if I'm suppose to report this to the mod maker or NMM when this happens, but it seems like it's a NMM issue because nothing has updated in about 2 weeks (probably longer but I didn't notice it).

Is anyone else having this issue? I know this isn't the "Bugs" thread, but I don't know if this is a bug or not, hence the question.

Thank you!!

I have an issue, the NMM isn't updating the info again on mods. When I click the "Check for Mod updates" it doesn't do anything. I can go to some of the mod pages and it will show an update is available but in NMM I still have the "Current" version.

My question is this, who is responsible for the mod information to update in NMM, NMM or the mod maker?

Because I'm unsure if I'm suppose to report this to the mod maker or NMM when this happens, but it seems like it's a NMM issue because nothing has updated in about 2 weeks (probably longer but I didn't notice it).

Is anyone else having this issue? I know this isn't the "Bugs" thread, but I don't know if this is a bug or not, hence the question.

Thank you!!

In general the NMM automatically logs you in when you attempt to use a feature that requires you to be online and connected with the site, but chances are some features fail to do so, or under certain circumstances. So did you already make sure you were logged in inside the NMM and connected with the site before you clicked the scan for new updates?

For the future, if you experience any trouble with using the NMM and want to get into contact with the people who can give you all the answers you seek, try over here instead:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/439-open-beta-feedback/

The NMM developers and support staff are patrolling that section actively and are more likely to see your posts than the next time they randomly happen to stumble into here.

In general the NMM automatically logs you in when you attempt to use a feature that requires you to be online and connected with the site, but chances are some features fail to do so, or under certain circumstances. So did you already make sure you were logged in inside the NMM and connected with the site before you clicked the scan for new updates?

For the future, if you experience any trouble with using the NMM and want to get into contact with the people who can give you all the answers you seek, try over here instead:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/439-open-beta-feedback/

The NMM developers and support staff are patrolling that section actively and are more likely to see your posts than the next time they randomly happen to stumble into here.

Thank you for your reply!

To answer your question, yes. I'm logged in both, at the site and in NMM. It shows it "trying" to update but nothing is updated in NMM even though there is an update in one or more of the mods. I will head over to the linked paged and ask there.

Thank you again!

hi, I would like to ask how to block people in these shores. Be it nexus files and forums. I don't want to read their post, nor I want them to reach me. The only thing I saw was 'block the content'. I'm wondering if there are any other possibilities.

No you can not block them so much that their posts won't appear on the forums when you read them. You can only block their attempts to interact with you directly through PM's, chat or disallow them to comment on your mods.