This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

The one part of the site doesn't say "no restrictions". It says "any NUMBER", not "any SIZE". But I agree that we should be consistent and place the same info in both locations.

Maybe you have a different interface because you're staff? I'm not sure. But here is a screenshot of what it says for me. It clearly says images of any size on my end. And even if they are referring to file size, and not width and length, it is still inconsistent with the restrictions in the limitations thread.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2317/0001ld.jpg

hello yes sometimes when i post either on the forums or on a mod page it has to double post like DarkeWolf said it might be lag , if it isn't i really don't know what the cause is . Does anyone know why this is... -.- Edited by czin101

If you click on add reply, and nothing happens immediately, you may think your comment did not go through and click on Add reply again. Then both are posted. As long as we can tell it was inadvertent there is no penalty for that. 8)

If you click on add reply, and nothing happens immediately, you may think your comment did not go through and click on Add reply again. Then both are posted. As long as we can tell it was inadvertent there is no penalty for that. 8)

well i just hit it once then boom 2 replays come up lol

Not sure if this is the correct thread so sorry if not. I have to say that I find the 30 sec video ad when downloading files insufferable. It's even in German to make it as annoying as only possible. Anyway, I don't want to go into a discussion about the need for ads etc., as this is so glaringly annoying that it's beyond debate IMO. It's exactly the kind of stuff that makes me avoid sites in the first place if at all possible. Personally I'm going to move my mod to TES Alliance as I feel embarrassed to be involved even indirectly with a site that uses such ads. Edited by Arkngt

I'm fed up of those ads keep on popping up when I wanted to download a mod for my games please remove them.

Those ads are what pay for you to be able to download FREE mods. Without them TheNexus could not exist. Did you think a site this big didn't have any expenses?

Here it is, from the owner's own public blog:

http://www.thenexusf...nexus-finances/

TL:DR The cost of 9 (seriously) servers, and 170 Terrabytes a month (again seriously!) ain't cheap. And the money has to come from somewhere.

If you have any serious ideas that can make enough to cover that without those ads please let us know. :thumbsup:

Sorry for the spam but i HAD to do this!

This site is so amazingly great including TES NEXUS. I sooo loooooove the mods u guys make and apriciate the effort.

I never even used mods for Oblivion untill i discovered this page. Mods great well made progressive and I LOVE IT!

Just wanted to say thx actually :D keep up the good work.

I am not sure where to place this.

I have noticed that on the mod and file pages there is a feature to view readme files in your browser. When I use this feature with firefox I often find myself scrolling horizontal to view long paragraphs. Example:TIE_readme.txt

I was unable to find a plug-in to automate the word wrap of text files but I found this page that may be of use to others who dread right scrolling.

How to apply word wrap to text files viewed in Mozilla Firefox « Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society

If only there was a way to word-wrap the text in the browser window…………..

Well, there is an easy solution for Mozilla Firefox users which I discovered, thanks to Tero Karvinen’s article “Making preformated <pre> text wrap in CSS3, Mozilla, Opera and IE”

To word wrap text in text files displayed in Mozilla Firefox :

2. Locate the sub-folder called chrome in your profile folder. See http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile on how to find where Mozilla Firefox stores the profile folder for different operating systems.
  3. In this chrome subfolder, edit the text file “userContent.css” with a text editor (such as Notepad). Typically, this file does not exist by default. There is a userContent-example.css in this chrome sub-folder which you can rename to userContent.css
  4. Add the following line to userContent.css : pre { white-space: -moz-pre-wrap !important; }

2. NOTE:The changes to Firefox 3.5 or later require this to be changed to:
      pre { white-space: pre-wrap !important; }

[*]Save the file, and restart Firefox for the changes in userContent.css to take effect.

With this change, any text files you view in Mozilla Firefox will automatically be word-wrapped so that you don’t have to scroll left and right to read the text file.

Since this looks like the most popular site for this trick on Google, I just wanted to mention for people in the future that come here: the code as given won’t work for Firefox 3.5 or later, since -moz-pre-wrap was deprecated. Instead, replace that with pre-wrap in those versions.
Edited by Apprentice Harper

Please only use these forums to report problems, make suggestions or ask questions about these forums or my sites. Any questions related to Morrowind, Oblivion or anything other than Nexus sites should be posted in the other relevant forums.

Thank you.

Dear Robin, On Nexus site navigation, selecting preference on upload date, upload order, leads to your site needing the re-fresh button? on a very boring and grinding process, is it possible to eradicate this problem. Thanks Zapata935