This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

I don't know if this is where i'm supposed to post this, but I'm haveing problems downloading files. I go through the steps like before, but once I instructed the computer to download the file, it jumps to the download sites (Dallas,washington,etc) then closes that before I choose, and then goes back to the discription page of the file. If it did download the file I can't find it. (in the download history it shows that i did download them.)

Any Ideas on where to look?

Hello everybody ,

Hi Adamanweiler ,

Are you a Windows7 with IE8 User ? Affirmative ? Ok , there is now a solution :

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/426271-new-download-method-preference/page__pid__3533797#entry3533797

Bye

Edited by Loukiana

I don't know if this is where i'm supposed to post this, but I'm haveing problems downloading files. I go through the steps like before, but once I instructed the computer to download the file, it jumps to the download sites (Dallas,washington,etc) then closes that before I choose, and then goes back to the discription page of the file. If it did download the file I can't find it. (in the download history it shows that i did download them.)

Hello everybody ,

Hi Adamanweiler ,

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/426271-new-download-method-preference/page__pid__3533797#entry3533797

Bye

unfortunatly I'm just a little OLD windows xp (the way I update my computer I'll go to windows 7 right before the next windows comes out.)

Hello everybody ,

Hi Adamanweiler ,

Bye

unfortunatly I'm just a little OLD windows xp (the way I update my computer I'll go to windows 7 right before the next windows comes out.)

Hi again, Adamanweiler :

Well i have Xp on a few computers too , but i need to update their antivirus before trying anything. I'll do it immediatly to see what's going wrong with XP and IE8 ( I was a helper in French Microsoft Technet 's forum ) .

Just a warning : don't update to W7 ! Keep your XP and install Windows 7 in dual-boot ..... In all my systems , Oblivion run better than on XP ( but i have 8 or 12 giga DDR3 in Windows7 but in 64 bit edition) . There is only one issue i had : DDS converter doesn't work and i need to run it in XP Virtual mode ( W7 Integral edition) .

Well i'll be back soon with an XP machine.

Bye.

Edited by Loukiana

Hello everybody ,

Hi Adamanweiler ,

Bye

Hi again, Adamanweiler :

Well i 'have Xp on a few computer too , but i need to update their antivirus before trying anything. I'll do it immediatly to see what's wrong with XP and IE8 ( I was a helper in French Microsoft Technet ) .

Just a warning : don't update to W7 ! Keep your XP and install Windows 7 in dual-boot ..... In all my systems , Oblivion run better than on XP ( but i have 8 or 12 giga DDR3 in Windows7 but in 64 bit edition) . There is only one issue i had : DDS converter doesn't work and i need to run it in XP Virtual mode ( W7 Integral edition) .

Well i'll be back soon with an XP machine.

Bye.

Hello again,

Hi and @ Adamnweiler

Done .

And sorry , there is no much problem in XP-pro ( + SP3) and iE8 : i think it run better then W7 / IE8 at this moment .

I can see and dowload in another windows ( with a right-clic mouse) what i want .

Is your system update ( SP3 and Net framework 2.0 or more ) ?

Bye.

to: loukiana

I have no idea what system or framework I'm running. I tried it again, an the same thing happened. I get the screen that askes which download site (dallas, Washington,etc.) I choose dallas (I live in Houston) It gives that popup thingy that telles you widows blocked the download, I right click on it and ok the download. Then the screen flashes back to the main description of the download. I know it didn't download, because I chose a large file and still, the same thing. I enjoy fallout3 and I hope this isn't the end of my modding downloading. I am tring modding myself... have a few good ideas, just don't know how to do them yet. Oh well, I'll probably figure out the problem eventually.

Firefox 6.0 -> Files -> Advanced Search

There is a terrible delay when using this function: 5-15 seconds freeze the first time I use it. Not so bad on 2nd and subsequent tries. Used to be the search parameters came up almost instantly.

I've logged in (Fallout 3 Mods), I've chosen the mod, clicked download, clicked on the Mod file ... the screen grey's out and nothing happens, no download, no nothing ?

Am I doing something wrong, have i missed something ?

EDIT by LHammonds: Make sure you re-allow scripts to execute for the Nexus sites if you are using NoScript. Also make sure your browser is accepting cookies. If the site cannot access the browser cookie, it cannot remember from page-2-page that you are logged in. Also, read this pinned thread.

Brilliant, your advice worked ... thanks a million :thumbsup:

hello, i already placed my problem elswere but i think this is the right topic,

sinds the new site overhaul has been in action i have not been able to download files anymore

for some reason my internet itself just fails and stops compleately when i trie to download (any) file from this site,

becours i love mods i want this fixed, even more becours oblivion is my only game i have left becours its basicly the best game ever

anyway, my problme is this

when i prest the dowload the server selection pops up,

the server selection screen use to be a second interent screen opening, now its a part of this internet screen, (that courses to glitch)

after selecting the server my ps takes a few seconds of wait and then i get a error message and the intire site disapears and i get a crash report,

usualy in the last vercion of this site a pop up bar apeared on top of my screen, i had to prest it to unlock the donwload so it would start,

i tried to disable this but i cant for some unknown reason (i have a Vista, its not the only thing that is messed up about it)

for now i see 2 reasons to solve this,

1 you bring back the old download way with the different internet tab (but keep the awsom site ;))

2 you tell me in detail how to disable this stupid pop up bar that courses the crash, and no i have realy no idee wat its called,

and i tried various of things but nothing seems to help, please explane it as you would to a noob, my english is not realy great and my dislectia prevents me from reading things as the way thay were intended

please help me quick, i only have free days of work on sundays and those days are my sanctuary that keep me sane, modding is my thing and i realy want to start doing it myself sooner or later

and please PM me about this, this section is getting very large and like i said i am dislectic, i wont be able to find the reply ment for me (believe it)

Edited by jefthereaper

Hi

I cant download or watch files with Firefox 6.

An example, if i open that site -> http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16689#

If i click on the discription, it wont open. The same with Files, Images, Comments...

The same with the green buttons, Download, Endorse or Vote for me.

Nothing works.

I testes it with IE8 and it works. So what could be wrong?

Please help.