This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

I just wanted to give a little feedback about viewing Nexus sites on a mobile smartphone. I have a Blackberry Bold, and I seem to be getting some overlapping of button icons. The Login and Register buttons totally cover the link to open up other Nexus sites. And the Chat button is under the password window. I have attached a screenshot so you can see exactly what I mean.

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/imageshare/images/1520317-1328918261.jpg

From about few weeks "Most endorsed recently added files" option on Skyrim Nexus site doesn't work. It shows "Most endorsed files in the last two weeks", Even if you change it to show most endoresed files add in the past 1 day, nothing changes. Am I do only one that is using it and nobody seen the bug?

Hello Nexus. I've been a member for awhile now and I have a concerned, feedback question slash suggestion for you.

In no way do I know exactly the finite details of my suggestion but I was wondering if this could be discussed and even decided if it has merit or just some opinionated viewpoint. :smile:

Here goes.

It seems to me that the level of negative comments that have no solution is increasing on this site. I feel bad for some modders (they may not themselves feel awkward) that post up a mod that they worked on only to have pointless negative opinions thrown at them in nasty one line comments. It could just be me getting older but this site is dedicated to modding not keeping a strict lore policy or moral policy and shooting down hard work from modders. (my opinion there of course)

I am not expecting in any way the moderators or admins to police every comment, cause I know that would be near impossible with over 3 million members. (I may be wrong looking at your active members numbers) But I was thinking there has to be a way to make this site have a little stricter policy towards comments. I love the idea of comments and it is a valuable tool. I like the idea of kudos as well because it gives the modders a permanent reason to continue to do well at modding and a sense of pride to show that other members really like their vision and creativity.

But how to police something with only a few moderators. Well you have that kinda built in. You have the rep system.

Every time someone posts a comment I as a member can give a good rep or a bad rep. So I was thinking, how about a way to track those bad reps that will get flagged for that member and then a moderator sends a message to that person to chill out, ease up and or give a warning of misconduct of being an active member here.

Something like this. A member named stpid (made up I hope, there is 3 million here, this is just an example name, sorry if someone is called that) makes a negative comment and maybe (dunno) 5 people give it a bad rep. Now this member has 5 bad reps. Lets say he goes to another mod page and gives a comment that is just as bad and yet another 3 people bad rep him. Now he has 8 bad reps. Now the details are still up in the air for me, but let's say in either one week or one month this member accumulates (dunno) 35-50 bad reps (whatever number be best). This now gets flagged to a moderator who can now take a fast look at his bad rep comments and decide if the comments were ok and valid but other members simply did not like him or that he did act unbecoming of an active member here. Now the moderator can send a PM or whatever to this member and give him a warning, stating the above. They can get a warning lets say 3 strikes and your banned or 3 strikes and you can no longer make comments for life if you don't want to ban half of your members (bad joke, sorry)

Maybe another thing is to also limit your reps to only 4, 2 for bad reps and 2 for good ones to help cut down on people purposely going after members, but then again, the rep system can also keep track of that and you can send a message to the member targeting another member. (food for thought)

Obviously I can't make an iron clad idea here cause it takes more than one person, but the idea here is to make all active members accountable for their comments. I find it very shallow and childish of people believing that their opinion matters when they offer no valuable insights, suggestion or solutions to make the mod in question better.

Thank you for this wonderful site. I enjoy all that you offer here and appreciate your work (not a suck up just a fact).

Badkrma

I've been trying to send this email through the site 'Contact Us' system for about 20 minutes now and I'm fed up and I give up so now I'm putting it out in public because I'm just so pissed off about this now.

I better not post anything more right now because I need to let myself cool down because right now I'm frustrated and pissed off. I'm a Premium Member for life yet I get slowed down by the 2000+ non premiums when browsing? BS Much?

Hi There,

Skyrim has been amazingly successful, and the Nexus is basically the only site I visit these days, I love the game and I love your site - hence why I signed up for a Premium Membership for life.

The membership is great, but lately almost every second time that I click on a link it comes up with a 'sorry we can't handle your query because we're processing so many requests' notification and it really annoys me to the point that I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth. It's great that I can download un-impeded from the Premium download servers, but I think you need to consider putting the main site into a premium space and a premium FAST area for premium members to be able to browse with browsing and speed priority and not just for downloads.

There looks to be about 60 Premium members online at this moment and close to 2000 non premiums. I don't think it's fair that I have to get held up all the time while I'm trying to browse the site that I've paid for by all the people who are non paying members.

Make sense? I don't want my feeling towards the Nexus to be marred like this, and I'm hoping that it can be fixed to my satisfaction, I know I'm not the only Premium member that feels this way since the popularity of Skyrim has put your servers on meltdown so often, it's the reason I became a premium member in the first place - so I could avoid the clutter due to that popularity.

Please let me know if this can be resolved otherwise I might have to ask to cancel my premium lifetime membership and ask for my money back because honestly, if I click on a page and I can't visit it because I'm being held up by the other 2000 other non-premium members, what's the point of being a premium member?

Cheers,

Dave

P.P.S. Attempt 5 now, sorry if you get many copies.

P.P.P.S. Starting to get pretty pissed off with this, having to fill out my name, email, subject, code verification, and 5 + 5 probably 20 times now...

Man,what is happening in Skyrim Nexust today.If I am lucky after a minute(or a little more) I will see a mod,comments,post a comment but most of the times I get this:

"Sorry!

We're pretty overloaded right now with the amazing success and popularity of Skyrim. We're currently handling around 500 requests a second on this server alone, pushing through some 200Mb/sec of bandwidth so things might just be a little slow for a bit.

We're constantly monitoring the situation and trying to tweak everything we can out of the servers, so if you're struggling for more than a couple of minutes please come back a little bit later.

Thanks for your patience during this exciting time,

Dark0ne"

After Ck is out,Nexus should see that traffic overload coming and should be prepaired.I love this community but I am very dissapointed if this won't change. 'cause this will be the daily traffic for a loong time...

^^^ hence the cause for my outburst above - if you were a paid member for life, how would you feel about still receiving those messages because the site was being overloaded by non-paying members?

Totally unfair to the people who support the site and don't just leech.

Ah. So all non-paying member are nothing more then leeches? When last I looked the Nexus treated all members equally. :armscrossed:

By the way: You don't need to be a paying member in order to support the site. Supporting a site can be done in many ways. Not only financially.

@badkrma: Please use the report button on any comment you think is out of line. That way it goes directly to a special forum only available to the staff. We do take these comments seriously and will quickly ban anyone who either gets too far out of line or make a habit of being obnoxious. We can and do look at the posting history when someone makes a comment that is not quite bad enough for an outright ban - and if we believe that member is making a habit of it, they soon become an ex member. :biggrin:

^^^ hence the cause for my outburst above - if you were a paid member for life, how would you feel about still receiving those messages because the site was being overloaded by non-paying members?

Totally unfair to the people who support the site and don't just leech.

Ah. So all non-paying member are nothing more then leeches? When last I looked the Nexus treated all members equally. :armscrossed:

By the way: You don't need to be a paying member in order to support the site. Supporting a site can be done in many ways. Not only financially.

I know, but I've paid the money to be a premium member for life (which isn't cheap), and I never said that EVERYONE is a leech, but I'm sure there are a lot of people just using the site to come and download things and not contributing to the community whatsoever - I know, because before Skyrim came out, I used to be once of them. Any delays in browsing I felt were acceptable, but a lifetime membership isn't cheap man. I just think paying members should get priority, but I'm not saying 'screw everyone else', but I do not think it's fair to treat everyone equally.

I think it would be reasonable to quality for the 'premium' status in other ways, perhaps create a mod that gets more than 500 endorsements or something... I don't know, but money makes the world go round.