Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Hi!

Is There a mod for making days longer? I've noticed that in Skyrim a minute goes by about every second. This makes the days and nights very short! You look away for but a couple minutes and bam! it's been a couple hours in Skyrim time.

If there was a mod or console command that made time more realistic that would be awesome!

On techpowerup.com there was a post in one of their threads that said "there is a mod that changes the time scale, for sure - it's on the nexus, i don't remember the name but it should be easy to find." I''m hoping this is still true because days are just way too short in-game!

Don't need a mod for this...

Open console, type in:

set timescale to xx

xx= Default is 20, I use 6 which makes the days and nights pass at a much more natural feeling rate without dragging it out.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a mod, or console command that changes the female Argonians nd/or the Khajiits into a breastless model??

I know I could type <sexchange> into the console, but I would still have female voiced acting. :sad:

I would really like to just change them into human female vampires or something...

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.funnymotivationalposters.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Suspicious-Lizard.jpg

I have no idea why reptilians need breasts. Its just retarded. :hurr:

Also, @ Wlii2kill I think the above console command will work as a fix for your problem, I hope. :biggrin:

Edited by N5P1RE

Hi all,

First time nexus forum user here. I'm hoping to find a mod that will in general limit the amount of easy and buggy skill points you can get in the the game, and thus generally allow for a much more enjoyable experience. To preface, I know I can control all of this myself by not using overpowered things, but I'd also enjoy working toward an overpowered state over the long term, which means still using alchemy, enchanting, and smithing, but leveling up those skills much slower, by not being allowed to purchase crafting materials from vendors.

So, TL:DR version, is there a mod that disallows you to purchase crafting materials from vendors so you have to manually mine ore, skin leather, and earn soul gems all yourself, or at least makes them much much more expensive so as to encourage more oddjobs for cash. I can't seem to control myself from using the UNGRIEN speech perk improvement buff as well, as spamming soul trap on dead bodies to level quicker.

Is there a mod that eliminates these quick skill ups from the game?

I can't for the life of me find a mod that matches the following description, and I've looked high and low:

I'd like a mod that simply increases the cost of vendor purchased crafting materials like iron ore, iron bars, all of them, soul gems, and alchemy reagents by like 20 fold.

I think this would vastly improve the enjoyment of my game, as I would still have that motivation to eventually get that godly amazing gear to shoot for, but there yet still there is no way in hell I could rush toward it with such expensive crafting materials. This would make finding ore and caves full of alchemy reagents or animals in the wild so much more rewarding as it gets me that much closer to reaching godly gear with crafting, which would still be a loooooooong time away. Also, it would force me to continue to do repeatable missions for money so I could purchase these vending materials eventually and get better and better gear. Something so simple like this would go a long way for me to enjoy the game, and I have the feeling others would still enjoy it as well.

TL : DR - Would like a mod for discipline-less people like myself who need to force restrictions on quickly leveling myself in order to fully immerse myself in the long tedious but rewarding feeling of leveling a character and eventually aiming for godly gear - A MOD THAT INCREASES CRAFTING MATERIAL PURCHASING COSTS FROM VENDORS BY 10-20 FOLD OR MORE.

EDIT: @ALHAZREd - Thank you for those tips for mods. I typed this out in the mod requests forums and should have put it here, it was a continuation of what i was looking for. I'll check out those mods, but if anyone has more suggestions for exactly what i'm looking for, i'd appreciate it.

Edited by liph