Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

So I made a new character, and he's very pretty. I got him looking all nice, and then he's wearing vanilla clothes which look like they haven't been washed since the second age. It's pretty jarring. Is there a texture replacer that just makes all the clothes and maybe armor look clean? I haven't had any luck looking.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey !

I'm looking for a mod that makes that kind of scars :

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2829/8754123696_247b01a346_c.jpg

(i'm speaking about the "mouth scar" on that DreamBurrow's character screenshot)

I'm not really sure if it's an actual mod, or something DreamBurrow made himself using the CK, and that's the question I would like to clarify ^^

Thanks in advance guys, have a nice day :wink:

I have never seen anything like this on Nexus, but to make it is simple-ish if you are good in Photoshop. So I am going to take a guess and tell you that I think this is a custom made scar.

I think you're right ! I would like to have the required skill to make something like this ^^

Thanks for the answer !

Anyone know of a good retexture for the dark brotherhood shrouded armor?

Im looking for a high rest texture for that armor, and no matter what i look, some come with some extra baggage i dont want, while other just look plain bad. It can be either a replacer or a retexture, anything that can make that vanilla horrible armor go away.

So I made a new character, and he's very pretty. I got him looking all nice, and then he's wearing vanilla clothes which look like they haven't been washed since the second age. It's pretty jarring. Is there a texture replacer that just makes all the clothes and maybe armor look clean? I haven't had any luck looking.

Have you tried Elaborate Textiles?

Looking one particular armor outfit (what this elf wears):

http://i.imgur.com/Fj0w43f.png

Any idea?

It's called the 'ArwenWBDress', and isn't available on Nexus. You'll have to use Google or something to find it.

Anyone know of a good retexture for the dark brotherhood shrouded armor?

Im looking for a high rest texture for that armor, and no matter what i look, some come with some extra baggage i dont want, while other just look plain bad. It can be either a replacer or a retexture, anything that can make that vanilla horrible armor go away.

Maybe this help http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/116547/?

Have you tried Elaborate Textiles?

I haven't. I'll go check it out, thank you. :)

Hey all,

I had a mod installed that removed everything but messages from my HUD; unfortunately, I downloaded it barely over a month ago and can't find it. I've looked at iHud and the less intrusive hud, but neither do what I want it to. Does anyone have any idea what I had? It had a specific preset for removing everything except the messages (since I need those for frostfall and hunger mods).

Thanks!

Can you be more specific what messages are you talking about? Some examples would be nice. Thx

Sorry about that. By messages, I mean the top left hand default messages; "You are carrying too much..." and "discovered damage health" types of messages.

If I remember right, the mod just had a specific setting where it would show those messages as well as level progress; in other words, got rid of health (enemy and player)/magic/stamina and compass. It did not remove the crosshair since it stated (in its description, I remember it being there) that players should do that manually within game settings.

Hopefully that helps...The ones I mentioned in my first post keep coming up. However, I found Minimal HUD does what I need to. Still, it would be nice to find the mod that I originally used for this, but if it is gone or something, that's fine.