Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Okay so I thought I'd try here first:

Most of the abode mods I've found are beautiful, epic, huge and amazing but what I REALLY want to find; that I'm having trouble with finding anything like it; is an abode in another dimension, maybe a pocket dimension, something where the skybox is completely changed, time doesn't flow(day or night), something probably like "my own little slice of an oblivion plane" you know what I mean?

Has anyone seen any abode mods like what I mean?

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I want to make a character look like the one in the picture in the spoiler (Hair and Face especially). I've already found the armour set.

http://static-4.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/45862-1-1385543274.jpg

What is the armor name?

Osare Culort

Okay so I thought I'd try here first:

Most of the abode mods I've found are beautiful, epic, huge and amazing but what I REALLY want to find; that I'm having trouble with finding anything like it; is an abode in another dimension, maybe a pocket dimension, something where the skybox is completely changed, time doesn't flow(day or night), something probably like "my own little slice of an oblivion plane" you know what I mean?

Has anyone seen any abode mods like what I mean?

There is Haven Bag where you can live inside a bag that you carry around. Time still flows but it can be considered to be a pocket dimension.

The mod Cleric has a sanctuary that can be obtained. You can't sleep there but it has the crafting stations as well as storage. Since it requires teleportation back and forth, it too could be in another dimension but time still flows.

That's all I can think of and probably not as close to what you are looking for.

The Improved Artifact Collection mod found here ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57872/? ) has a player abode that is accessible only through the Gaulder Amulet, Of course, you have to complete the quest to get the amulet, so it is not something that is instantly accessible, but it is a very nice little player home in a pocket dimension. Not sure if time flows in there though, never really checked.

I'm interested in making a mage for a new playthrough. I've browsed the Nexus for mage armors slash robe retextures and I can't find the one I'm looking for. No matter the combinations of search terms involving "robe", "wizard". "mage", etc. have I been able to find it.

I'm looking for an armor set (maybe it was a retexture) that I know I saw at some point. It looked like the default mage robes, but it was a red(ish) color and the robe was singed to represent much use of magic. It was very well detailed. I can't remember what it was called, or if it was removed from the Nexus, but I know I saw it here at some point.

Sorry for such a vague description. I knew I should have grabbed it when I first saw it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Greetings

Looking for a mod or a series of mods that will. . .

A. make the AI more realistic(I don't wanna hide shoot my arrow, they run about as I hide again, then they dismiss the arrow in their head.)

B. do something other than reset my perks after I get to 100 in something(was a Real Let Down when I finally get a 100 in smithing only to understand that it just resets the perks and you keep the levels)

C. easy to install/understand. I'm klinda new here so to speak. And hi all :smile:

thank you for any help you are able to give.

(edit: oh yea also be able to incorporate or use the realistic needs and survival mods out there)

Edited by joojoo1975

guess there isn't a mod out there for me yet then. no worries. thank you for looking into this for me :smile:

There are a bunch of combat mods that edit the AI to make them smarter, like Duel - Combat Evolved, Ultimate Combat, Deadly Combat, SkyRe - Combat, etc.

I think using a perk overhaul like SPERG or PerMa help with the second issue.

And the third - Well, most mods can be installed with NMM, so you shouldn't have many issues. Or use Mod Organizer. Or install manually.