⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

JulumEi, I recently discovered Immersive Citizens but haven't been able to use it as it is incompatible with Extended Towns & Cities & I don't want to give up that mod - but the description states it does the type of things you have mentioned, it sounds like a truly fabulous mod & I am dying for it to be made compatible with ETAC.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for a town/city mod that was released during the whole pay for mods thing. I believe the mod its self was for sale and I remember the mod author talking about his mod on the nexus shortly after paid modding went away. I can't remember the name of it though. I want to say it might have been an underground town but I'm not sure. All I remember was it looked promising, could anyone tell me the name of the mod or give me a link? Thanks for any help.

I'm pretty sure that's Shezrie's Bleakden Town. She took it down because people were harassing her on the mod page for being invovled in Paid Modding. She's actually planning on reducing the size of the mod and integrating it onto her Old Hroldan Town, but I don't know when it's going to be released because she's going to add more content like fully-voiced town inhabitants.

JulumEi, I recently discovered Immersive Citizens but haven't been able to use it as it is incompatible with Extended Towns & Cities & I don't want to give up that mod - but the description states it does the type of things you have mentioned, it sounds like a truly fabulous mod & I am dying for it to be made compatible with ETAC.

Immersive Citizens only has people in Whiterun and (I think) Riverwood with schedules worked out right now. I'm not sure every follower is affected with having their own travels yet. Still waiting for compatibility as well. :sad:

Edited by Laereal

I'm looking for a town/city mod that was released during the whole pay for mods thing. I believe the mod its self was for sale and I remember the mod author talking about his mod on the nexus shortly after paid modding went away. I can't remember the name of it though. I want to say it might have been an underground town but I'm not sure. All I remember was it looked promising, could anyone tell me the name of the mod or give me a link? Thanks for any help.

I'm pretty sure that's Shezrie's Bleakden Town. She took it down because people were harassing her on the mod page for being invovled in Paid Modding. She's actually planning on reducing the size of the mod and integrating it onto her Old Hroldan Town, but I don't know when it's going to be released because she's going to add more content like fully-voiced town inhabitants.

Immersive Citizens only has people in Whiterun and (I think) Riverwood with schedules worked out right now. I'm not sure every follower is affected with having their own travels yet. Still waiting for compatibility as well. :sad:

That's a bummer but thanks for the info.

Me again. I'm actually looking for more of a 'patch' then a mod this time around. I was wondering if any one out there has created a patch that allows SkyUI to correctly identify ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58491/? ) rings as a ring... with the ring icon and 'ring' label. I've done a few google searches and I've come up empty so far... so I figured someone might know of some obscure little patch that gets the job done? Or hell, if someone could PM me the details of how to do it... I should be able to handle it if it's not too extensive. I'm comfortable in CK doing simple mods, but I haven't touched scripting and things like that.

Is there a mod that prevents enemies from performing those animation kills on the player? It is extremely aggravating when you die to an enemy you could easily otherwise defeat, because the game's RNG just says 'screw you' suddenly and let's them 1 shot you

EDIT: Also, while we're at it, is there a mod that makes the deflect arrows perk a non useless, buggy piece of garbage?

Edited by BeingShotAt

Is there a mod that prevents enemies from performing those animation kills on the player? It is extremely aggravating when you die to an enemy you could easily otherwise defeat, because the game's RNG just says 'screw you' suddenly and let's them 1 shot you

EDIT: Also, while we're at it, is there a mod that makes the deflect arrows perk a non useless, buggy piece of garbage?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56980/? - VioLens, a kill move mod allows you to set various stipulations for kill moves, such as their chance, if it requires the last enemy, decapitation chance, and of course the lovely ability to disable kill moves on the player. It does require SkyUI for the MCM menu, but I don't know many mods that don't these days.

As for the arrow deflection... I'm not entirely sure. I'd imagine it'd take some edits to the scripting instead of just the values and such... The only mod I've found that really does anything with it seems to be outdated and says that it's been 'fixed' by the Updates or something.

Me again. I'm actually looking for more of a 'patch' then a mod this time around. I was wondering if any one out there has created a patch that allows SkyUI to correctly identify ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58491/? ) rings as a ring... with the ring icon and 'ring' label. I've done a few google searches and I've come up empty so far... so I figured someone might know of some obscure little patch that gets the job done? Or hell, if someone could PM me the details of how to do it... I should be able to handle it if it's not too extensive. I'm comfortable in CK doing simple mods, but I haven't touched scripting and things like that.

I'm slightly surprised it doesn't work automatically, but it appears SkyUI is only detecting rings based on their body slot. You can change that (for the inventory windows but not the new crafting menu) by extracting config.txt from SkyUI.bsa and then adding these lines at the bottom:

[Properties]
props.ringIcons.filter = <'formType': Form.TYPE_ARMOR>
props.ringIcons.keywords.ClothingRing = <'iconLabel': 'armor_ring', 'subTypeDisplay': '$Ring'>
itemIcons = <ringIcons>

That will also catch the items that have the ClothingRing keyword even if they aren't using the Ring body slot.

UPDATE: I had forgotten the "[Properties]" section header!