Is there any way to....

Deleted3221944User

Revive an NPC that died at an unknown time/location, and have them resume their daily life?

My Belethor died, and no one took over Belethor's General Goods Store in Whiterun, not even that guy who keeps chopping wood for him...

Belethor's coffin is in the Hall of the Dead, but I don't know when or where or how he died, and simply spawning a new Belethor did no good, as even after 24 hours in his shop he just sat there and yelled at me to GTFO HIS STORE, IT'S CLOSED (at noon...)

resurrect <1> console command, target the dead guy. This should do the trick. or try and load a save when he was alive, how he died unknown ... unless a player was involved only way i know of, killed by objects maybe but very rare. :thumbsup:

• 9 months later...

I have a the same problem. Some vampires killed him. Had to to resurrect him, even used console enable disable to reset his AI but he still doesn't barter with me. I read in some posts that i have to find his damn urn/coffin in the city's catacombs but no one told what to do there.

Is there another way to activate his sell function using some console tricks?

if Belethor is gone, there used to be a known issues where he is actually invisible and he has also been known to just die for whatever reason - boredom probably.

If you would like the new and improved clone of Belethor, try this

Player.placeatme 0001A672 <--- that should be Belethor's RefID number. If you find at some point you have 2 Belethors, delete the one that starts with FFF in the console

I hope this helps :)

EDIT

(re)Create him near his store so he doesn't get killed (again) walking back to it from wherever you summon his new-ness from.

if Belethor is gone, there used to be a known issues where he is actually invisible and he has also been known to just die for whatever reason - boredom probably.

If you would like the new and improved clone of Belethor, try this

Player.placeatme 0001A672 <--- that should be Belethor's RefID number. If you find at some point you have 2 Belethors, delete the one that starts with FFF in the console

I hope this helps :)

EDIT

(re)Create him near his store so he doesn't get killed (again) walking back to it from wherever you summon his new-ness from.

Does't help that much cause i did that in the first place. But it doesn't have the dialog for barter. That is my problem...

If you don't want to make a mod, ignore this. Instead of trying to recreate the vanilla store, create a mod so that the store is for sell, from the steward. After all, you alraedy own the house next door, right? Move your spouse's store activities into the store every day from 8-8. Once Hearthfire ships, update the mod so that you can redecorate every room. Make one room into an armor and weapons display room. Finally something that makes those stupid display cases useful. Make yourself an office. Put in a grindstone and an armor table, but not an anvil. Add an alchemy station, with storage, and an enchanting station, with storage. Install a library and a classroom. Hire a bard to teach the children. This is probably just a bunch of hooey, but I hope you enjoy reading it. lol

First, never use PlaceAtMe. Not only will it bloat your save slightly every time you use it, but it won't create the same NPC because the ref id will be different.

For Belethor:

Prid 1a672

Resurrect

Moveto 14

This always works. After I killed Tullius, Rikke, and the Emperor, I resurrected them all and brought them back. I even gave Titus Mede II a normal life inside Castle Dour Emperor's Palace. All three had originally disappeared, Tullius and Rikke to the cleanup cell, and Titus just became invisible. For some reason though, Gianna won't reappear, so her removal must be permanent according to the DB script.