Settler happiness stuck at 50

EnclaveOverlord1

I didn't mean to be the cause of people getting blocked :confused:

You're not. Don't fret about it.

One thing I can say for sure: if you deactivate any mod that does not use loose files (i.e. the asset files are all contained in ba2 archives) and you start a new game but still get the bug, then there is no conceivable way that those mods you deactivated could have been causing the problem. So that clearly rules out CWSS. However, if you deactivate any mods that have loose scripts, you must also remove those loose scripts, otherwise the scripts could still run even if the mod is deactivated.

The two main vanilla scripts that manage happiness are "WorkshopScript.pex" and "WorkshopParentScript.pex". Any mod that replaces/overrides these vanilla scripts could be the culprit. So the first thing you need to do is look in your "data/scripts" folder to see if you have either of those loose scripts. If you do, try removing them and see if it makes any difference on a new game. It's also possible you may have a mod that overrides one of those scripts, but the script is packed in the mod's ba2 archive, so it will be much harder to identify those mods for testing.

Never said anything really negative about your mod except for the fact that when I stopped using it (kept the BYOP though, without a problem) my settlement happiness again worked like it should. But, and I repeat myself, I'm not saying that the CCSW mod is by definition the culprit, it's just that in my set-up it seemed/seems to influence my game in a negative way...

Oh really?

I've used CWSS for a couple of days but it clashes with a lot of mods and screwed-up my game in a major way.

You don't even know for sure what caused the bug. It was cured by reinstalling the game, not by removing a particular mod. You didn't even file a bug report. There are a lot of mods out there that edit the vanilla workshop script (mine isn't one of them). If you are going to go about passive-aggressively disparaging mods because you are pissed off that you had to reinstall your game and couldn't even take the trouble to inform the MA that there may be a problem, well, I don't see why I should share my mods with you. Have a nice day.

Wasn't pissed at all. And after re-installing mods everything worked fine, even after installing BYOP. The moment I added CCWS, happiness got stuck again at 50%, so, forgive me for jumping to conclusions. The CWSS was your only mod I used anyway, so no big loss.

And yes, I could have contacted you. That's where I went wrong, I suppose.

I apologise for bruising your ego, as that is what seems to have happened here. But I'm not someone to carry grudges. Modders and mods enough out there to not life get complicated through trivialities like this.

Over and out.

I could kiss you Steve, it was the workshop parent script , and thanks for trying to help Jimmy. Now its just down to figure out what mod was the cause of it, gotta check every mod I have to see which one has that script loose. Thanks again guys.

Edit: It seems I was using an older version of Better stores, which may have been the problem. I'm gonna go through the same test with the newest version to see how that goes.

Edit: Yea, was definitely the older version of Better stores, everything works fine now, YAY!

Thanks times a million guys, you guys are the absolute best.

Edited by EnclaveOverlord1

Well, it's not "something so simple", to be honest. The parent quest and its script are very important pieces.

Bethesda essentially lets you change EVERYTHING, even stuff that CAN nuke the game. Unfortunately, they also decided to change those quests and scripts for Nuka World, to allow for the raider outposts and vassal villages. So you kinda need to update all the mods that touched those with a 10 ft lamp post.

• 1 month later...

I could kiss you Steve, it was the workshop parent script , and thanks for trying to help Jimmy. Now its just down to figure out what mod was the cause of it, gotta check every mod I have to see which one has that script loose. Thanks again guys.

Edit: It seems I was using an older version of Better stores, which may have been the problem. I'm gonna go through the same test with the newest version to see how that goes.

Edit: Yea, was definitely the older version of Better stores, everything works fine now, YAY!

Thanks times a million guys, you guys are the absolute best.

Thank you so much for posting your resolution to this issue! I had the very same problem.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Finally solved this problem it was the mod more settlement attacks ufo4 dont use this mod instead of it use its normal version took me a while to solve it, man that was really annoying coz i didnt got any hints in the whole internet. But any one else having this problem they might get help with this..