Unique weapons in Skyrim are really lame...

Drakhaoul

I'm an avid Fallout player and my two favorite things about the Fallout games are the near endless exploring you can do and collecting unique weapons. However the unique weapons -for the most part- go beyond simple collection items, they're generally quite good in specific situations, I generally have 4-5 unique weapons on me at any given time because they're better than normal weapons (again, for the most part).

In Skyrim this just doesn't seem to be the case. Many of the unique weapons you come across are, to put it bluntly, pretty damn bad. Some of them have good effects (Chillrend is awesome, as is the Dagger from the Dagon quest chain) but their damage is total trash after you hit like level ~25 and start finding dwarven weapons. Basically every unique weapon in fallout have the damage stats slightly higher than steel weapons. There are some exceptions of course, like the unique elven bow you find on the Dark Brotherhood chain (and the dagger itself - which is probably the best unique weapon in the game) but generally speaking if you put any investment into Smithing you can make far better weapons than any unique you'll find in this game. And even if you ignore smithing (as I choose to do because I think it makes the game boring - never getting an upgrade) your unique weapons will still be crap compared to the stuff you find on the ground after level 25.

There's two ways this could have been fixed:

1 - Allow you to disenchant unique weapons and gain their effects - like Chillrend - to be used on future weapons.

2 - Have the damage scale much better with the weapon skill associated with that weapon (1 handed, 2 handed, bow, etc)

As it is now I've wound up selling every unique weapon I've found with the exception of Chillrend for the amazing effect, and the Blade of Woe because it's damage is actually comparable to a Daedric dagger.

How do you guys feel about the unique weapon system in this game?

From the UESPWiki, at level 46+ Chillrend comes with the base damage of 15, above the daedric that is 14 and the same weight 16, has 30 pts of frost damage and chance of paralyzes for 2 seconds for 69 uses till recharge, pretty good stats for a glass sword. Yes, it can be easily beaten by a daedric sword enchanted under master enchanting skill (when two effects becomes available).

quest reward items gets better as you hit a certain level.

i am pretty sure i saw a mod that automatically upgrades your leveled items (quest reward items) when you hit a certain level. i just re-read all the posted mods after 6th december and i couldnt find it. if you are looking for this mod i suggest you look mods before 6th december.

quest reward items gets better as you hit a certain level.

i am pretty sure i saw a mod that automatically upgrades your leveled items (quest reward items) when you hit a certain level. i just re-read all the posted mods after 6th december and i couldnt find it. if you are looking for this mod i suggest you look mods before 6th december.

This one: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2226#content

Unfortunately, because upgraded items through smithing get a new base ID, it won't level up upgraded items. Simple way around that problem is to never upgrade an item until it has reached its maximum level.