Multiple dragons at once?

Lehcar

How often are you likely to encounter multiple dragons at once and how does this happen? Do they spawn from the same nest or something? And what's the largest number you can possibly encounter? I have yet to meet more than two in the same spot. Edited by Lehcar

It's happened to me once. I'm pretty sure I spawned a random encounter at the same time I triggered a set dragon mound. I think it was a small brown dragon from the mound and a blood dragon from the leveled lists.

Triggering more than two at a time would probably be extremely rare. I've played 71 hours, and that's the only time I've gotten two at once.

During the last phase of the main quest it is quite possible to get more then 2 on your screen. Near the center of the game world there is a spot that has two burial mounds that are close to a dragon lair. If you get to it at the right time if your running away from a random dragon spawn you can have literally 5 dragons on the screen at one time. 4 you can kill the last would be Alduin. 2 from mounds 1 from the dragon lair the random dragon and Alduin. 4 has been the most I could fight. 5 was the most I could just see on screen. I did it near Rorikstead heading northeast to elderblood peak. Which happened to have the dragon flying around instead of sleeping.

I've been bugged and had up to 5 at once not on the MQ. Only 3 of them would engage though. They promptly roasted and devoured me (all 3 were blood dragons at level 20). Don't know what the other two dragons were, but they looked like blood dragons.

I once had 4 dragons spawn near me for some odd reason. Was near a small farm, and had 3 ancients and a frost dragon on me. Was so crazy, let me tell you. Had to hide in the mill to heal and I lagged so bad =O. Hasn't happened yet, but sometimes I still get 2 spawning on me

I'm only level 31. I fast-traveled to one of the standing stones recently and there were two dragons there ready to eat my face. :ermm: That was the first time I've encountered more than one in one spot. I fled by hurtling myself DOWN A WATERFALL. I survived and kept swimming, and finally got away.

Had yesterday 2 random dragons in the wilderness. A blood Dragon and a ... ancient? One of those that comes after blooddragons. But they fought more against my henchmen, shadowmare, assasin ghost and some random monsters than against me. Was pretty easy, even on master.

In my first playtrough on the middle difficulty i triggered somehow 4 at once after i went into direction of the last area from the mainquest. I just runned into the last area at that moment, because i coudnt beat 4 solo with a lot of undeath, a dragonpriest and no help at all around.

Edited by Cyrotek