Upcoming features and interviews

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chesko, Arthmoor, Kryptopyr, missjennabee, EnaiSiaion, Gopher, SkyUI team, SKSE team, Gamwich, Cabal, kristakahashi, chucksteel, Dogtooth, Trainwiz, mannygt, Brumbek, zzjay, Millenia and many more. Generally authors of the past and future files of the month sound like a good idea to me. Maybe Nexus could also reach the willing original developers?

Trying to reach past authors or original developers is a fine idea. Maybe a "Where Are You, Now" series, every so often, going back in time to see what past mod of the month authors are doing now and how has their vision for gaming changed, their tools, their interest, are their kids into gaming, are they on the third generation of family gamers (we are and soon to be fourth when the kid can use a joystick), these "interviews" could be conducted via standardized email question and answer. Answers could be picked and combined for an interesting read (quarterly maybe). For that matter, involving the community like this on what a standardized interview might look like is a great idea. Same interview formula could be applied to interviews with industry game development players...

Edited by OlrunZaal

How about the meta-authors ... authors of frameworks and tools that empower so many other mods:

- Ousnius and Caliente for Bodyslide and CBBE

- Gambit77 and Valdacil for FO4's ubiquitous AWKCR / AE and VIS / DEF_UI

- For Skyrim, sonogu's list pretty much nails it

I agree with the legends already mentioned here! Might I also suggest Emma, and the story of her Vilja mod who has been a trusty companion for many of us mod users over the years.

I'd also like to hear from some of the voice artists, like Anna Castiglioni, and Maggie (who voiced Rigmor). They put a lot into our lives and it would be good to see them highlighted, too.

Hi BlindJudge,

I would honestly recommend interviews with lesser-known mod authors and software developers. There are lots of mods on the Nexus that don't get much attention, but they have had lots and lots of effort gone into them. It's easy to just pick out mod authors from the top 100 and have them iterate how good they are, but I'd like you to search around and give attention to the other end of the spectrum.

Alenet (for example) is not as well known around Skyrim as he was with Oblivion these days. I'd like to see some 'blasts from the past' as well now I mention it.

If anyone here has any suggestions, it would be interesting to look them up and have a look at their work!

Edited by SparrowPrince

From what I have seen, fame did rather poor job on those so-called "popular" mod authors, turning them into somewhat... unpleasant characters, so I'd be cautious with that.

The tone and style of the interviewer and softer questions always has a lot to do with how the interview is received by the public. Having a brief or outline of questions to present helps, as does keeping the interviews and interactions in written form. A followup "live" interview after receiving the general Q & A back is a good method. Probably best to remove some of the personalities that show through on video by making them think a bit about what they say and write, while making it known what the goals are for the interviewer and site.

Again, I would lean heavily toward tutorial, tools, some personal light biography (including influences and other interest), mod showcasing, and future vision for you and any projects you may want to preview/leak to the public. I would steer away from more than one or two questions relating to current conflicts or issues and be clear that final edit rests with the interviewer and Nexus, so any really offensive personal agendas, prejudices, and the like can be edited out for everyone's sake. Those with harsh personalities benefit from professional editing and an entertaining presentation, even if its not their style. Drama, train wrecks, and taking on the "system" and its "players" gets tiring. There is more than enough of conflict oriented discourse in modern life, governance and politics. I prefer my gaming to take me to Story Land - the places I dreamt about as a child and still look for today and, hopefully, always will tomorrow, along with the best side of the people involved and not too personal.

Edited by OlrunZaal

In response to post #43547550. #43553880 is also a reply to the same post.

fredlaus wrote: Hi, Judge. Thanks for the invitation.
This seems like you are less productive on regarding what you do, your perspectives, visions and you know I guess.
I am talking about the entire staff.
You have become some blubb that doesn't dare do anything without asking if it is OK with everyone?
I really look forward to some bravery in the nearest future.
This is boring.
BlindJudge wrote: It's more the fact that we are very community orientated, this site is here for our users and we want to do right by them. Unlike larger sites that are run by their overseeing corporations, we are a tiny independent team who are here to build a site that you all enjoy to come to.

We already have a number of features and interviews lined up, but with a community this big, we really want to produce content that is going to have the largest interest and asking for peoples opinion really isn't less productive - but actually the opposite.

My english is not good enough to debate with you. All my time in advertising I have had discussions with customers excusing their defensive strategies. Why, they wouldn't cause problems or stir up their markets too much. Maybe they even had to answer questions on the News - on the television even.
But I wish you all the best with whatever you do. If you are not heroes, why are we even here?