Skyrim Special Edition site launch

SirSalami

A very good idea to get a own section for the SE modes. Authors for the new/ or compatible mods could also brand the new mods with an "approval seal" for SE or check mark logo. Or Nexus provides something like that uploading to a new mod. Everyone could see it right away then and not to mix old/new mods.

Some of the old stuff will still work, others wont. I am sure. Generaly I do not install "very old/ never udated anymore" mods anyhow. There is always a good chance you CTD.

Edited by SamTT

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43601650. #43604110, #43605950 are all replies on the same post.

Metal-Gear-REX wrote: Probably a silly question is there a shorter way of typing in the URL? Right now we can just type in skyrimnexus.com and it brings us here. Is there something similar for Special Edition? I've tried a few variations with no success. Might just have to rely on bookmarks again.
VanishingPoints wrote: Create a favorites link.
GuerillaTech wrote: probably not considering that's the old url scheme.

If you bookmark it, and name the bookmark SSE, all you would have to type in the address bar is "SSE" and it would be the first url to pop up.

In response to post #43613040.

Lilrene wrote:

Are we going to have to remod the new version?

Yes, many mods are not compatible (those using scripts). There is no SKSE (Or SKSSE or whatever it will called). There is only NMM available (maybe others can work with some tricks but at least I know that people say MO will not work). BSA files need to be repacked (or unpacked and a "loose files" archive created). Meshes, Textures, Music, Skeletons, Translation should work AFAIK.

In response to post #43608390. #43608610 is also a reply to the same post.

seranusgaming wrote: I've been reading that old Skyrim mods will still work with the SE version. Is this true and if so, I assume we can still use the NMM for the old and new mods?

Thanks!
DownBeatBeatDown wrote: See my reply on pg.2, and Arthmoor's response. On NMM, that's probably not a good assumption until the update is issued.

Just saw your post. Thanks for the information! I've been itching to get back into the game again but I'm not sure it's worth it until all the mods can be be used again. I think I had about 40 on my original version.
Edited by seranusgaming

In response to post #43577085. #43577750, #43580735, #43584580, #43585305, #43586030, #43586350, #43589805, #43589925, #43591335, #43591340, #43593235, #43594430, #43606435, #43607260, #43607765 are all replies on the same post.

aero64 wrote: So i need install all of my 5435465465465489 mods from Skyrim to SSE? OMG :(
VarsityChaos wrote: Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD
newyevon2 wrote: you hit it on the nose with that :)
EatsCookies wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" I thought that was just me!
Xtudo wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD"

LOL You said it all! :D
BronzeKnight wrote: This is so true.
mtandrew wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" - VarsityChaos

THIS IS SO TRUE
DFX2K9 wrote: The CTD gambling is real. It's like an addiction, but you mainly loose time and not money.
badkrma wrote: @ VarsityChaos YES! this is how I play these games exactly... I've yet to finish the game and all DLC ... I spend more time trying out mods and then restarting than actual playing... love this site :)
Bob100 wrote: LOLz RIP 2 ya pc hard drive
iCrassa wrote: Hopefully less of the CTD on this version ;)
harosokman wrote: The old motto, "Mod it till it breaks" all over again...
DownBeatBeatDown wrote:
Hopefully less of the CTD on this version ;)

We're talking about Zeni-Beth, yeah? Somehow, someway, they will find a way to ctd or bug you into Oblivion, even if they have to invent some. :p
DasHobbyLP wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD"
Oh my god, so I´m not the only one :D
BlueGunk wrote: The Force became a religion. Perhaps Skyrim Modding should be one, too? In game, pray at the Altar of the Divine Modder to heal your wounds and cure your diseases, and stave off the next CTD for five more minutes.
bubbanole91 wrote: I cried a little at the realization of that being 100% truthful.

Amen...brother!!! :)

In response to post #43577085. #43577750, #43580735, #43584580, #43585305, #43586030, #43586350, #43589805, #43589925, #43591335, #43591340, #43593235, #43594430, #43606435, #43607260, #43607765, #43614965 are all replies on the same post.

aero64 wrote: So i need install all of my 5435465465465489 mods from Skyrim to SSE? OMG :(
VarsityChaos wrote: Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD
newyevon2 wrote: you hit it on the nose with that :)
EatsCookies wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" I thought that was just me!
Xtudo wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD"

LOL You said it all! :D
BronzeKnight wrote: This is so true.
mtandrew wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" - VarsityChaos

THIS IS SO TRUE
DFX2K9 wrote: The CTD gambling is real. It's like an addiction, but you mainly loose time and not money.
badkrma wrote: @ VarsityChaos YES! this is how I play these games exactly... I've yet to finish the game and all DLC ... I spend more time trying out mods and then restarting than actual playing... love this site :)
Bob100 wrote: LOLz RIP 2 ya pc hard drive
iCrassa wrote: Hopefully less of the CTD on this version ;)
harosokman wrote: The old motto, "Mod it till it breaks" all over again...
DownBeatBeatDown wrote:
Hopefully less of the CTD on this version ;)

We're talking about Zeni-Beth, yeah? Somehow, someway, they will find a way to ctd or bug you into Oblivion, even if they have to invent some. :p
DasHobbyLP wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD"
Oh my god, so I´m not the only one :D
BlueGunk wrote: The Force became a religion. Perhaps Skyrim Modding should be one, too? In game, pray at the Altar of the Divine Modder to heal your wounds and cure your diseases, and stave off the next CTD for five more minutes.
bubbanole91 wrote: I cried a little at the realization of that being 100% truthful.
mook1022 wrote: Amen...brother!!! :)

Exactly, well put my friend. xD