Skyrim Special Edition site launch

SirSalami

In response to post #43577085. #43577750, #43580735, #43584580, #43585305, #43586030, #43586350, #43589805, #43589925, #43591335, #43591340 are all replies on the same post.

aero64 wrote: So i need install all of my 5435465465465489 mods from Skyrim to SSE? OMG :(
VarsityChaos wrote: Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD
newyevon2 wrote: you hit it on the nose with that :)
EatsCookies wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" I thought that was just me!
Xtudo wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD"

LOL You said it all! :D
BronzeKnight wrote: This is so true.
mtandrew wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" - VarsityChaos

THIS IS SO TRUE
DFX2K9 wrote: The CTD gambling is real. It's like an addiction, but you mainly loose time and not money.
badkrma wrote: @ VarsityChaos YES! this is how I play these games exactly... I've yet to finish the game and all DLC ... I spend more time trying out mods and then restarting than actual playing... love this site :)
Bob100 wrote: LOLz RIP 2 ya pc hard drive
iCrassa wrote: Hopefully less of the CTD on this version ;)

The old motto, "Mod it till it breaks" all over again...

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43579920. #43582520, #43591660 are all replies on the same post.

tadcaster wrote:

I guess one big question is how our current mods will play out in SSE. Some post say no problem, some say that they will have to be manually reformatted or the game will "Hang".
I guess I will find out when I try to play it Tomorrow night. I am kind of commented now to SSE as I have ordered up grades to my PC (Graphics card an better, larger Disk).

Will the Nexus, and the Mod manager now need a new category for SSE mods? Lots of unknowns right now

DownBeatBeatDown wrote: Expect much to require updating. Here's Arthmoor's outline on AFK for you to read over:

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4633-skyrim-se-things-to-know-when-converting-standard-mods-to-sse/

Disclaimer: I'm not an insider, and what I've laid out was gleaned from hearsay, not direct & specific knowledge of mine own.

Condensed summary vers:

- Meshes "may" need to be updated, that's not definitive at this point, and hasn't been elaborated on in a while.

- .tga texture files need converting to .dds formats. There aren't many of these used in Skyrim (npc's most notably), so not a big concern. Compressed textures are going to have to be recompressed in the newer, used by FO4, ATI2N/BC5 format from what I've been told. No confirmation on that so far as I know.

- Plugins need updating in the new CK, as well as facegen files. Expect perhaps more than that.

- Scripting's good to go, but anything SKSE based is going to be a bit. It's going to, at the very least need recompiling, probably more (not a programmer myself). Hopefully. I've not seen any plans for SKSE's dev, but I also haven't looked in depth to find out either.

- Anything that adds to the landscaping is going to be problematic, there's loads of new clutter according to insiders.

- Animations; they're screwed, & totally incompatible until a workaround, likely a conversion tool is in play. I don't keep up with FO4 (dropped it like a hot rock after 80 hrs or so), so I'm unaware if there is a tool in existence, and further whether it's usable for S:SE in any case.

Contrary to what's been said officially about "most mods being compatible" out of the box, it's not appearing there was but a grain of truth in that statement. Most can be relatively pain free to make compatible, & that's the good part, I guess.
Arthmoor wrote:
Compressed textures are going to have to be recompressed in the newer, used by FO4, ATI2N/BC5 format from what I've been told. No confirmation on that so far as I know.

Nope. SSE isn't using the new BC7 compression. It's standard run of the mill DXT1/DXT3/DXT5 like everyone has been using for years.

Good to know that isn't happening, thanks for enlightening us. :thumbsup: One big drop of concern, and a few mad minutes of work that won't be required.

Being able to leverage a degree of lesser load, and better color accuracy would've been a help though. Edited by DownBeatBeatDown

In response to post #43584495. #43584650, #43584805 are all replies on the same post.

TorchicBlaziken wrote: Is it too late to change the new URL to nexusmods/skyrimse? It just seems too long compared to the old one. The FNV URL isn't falloutnewvegas, and the Skyrim URL isn't elderscrollsvskyrim, and those are both shorter.
grc472 wrote: If you save the link as a favorite or bookmark, then who cares how long it is?
Ensgnblack wrote: Agree with GRC472.

How often does one actually type out a URL?

In the age of Google, never. Edited by showsjohn12

In response to post #43577085. #43577750, #43580735, #43584580, #43585305, #43586030, #43586350, #43589805, #43589925, #43591335, #43591340, #43593235 are all replies on the same post.

aero64 wrote: So i need install all of my 5435465465465489 mods from Skyrim to SSE? OMG :(
VarsityChaos wrote: Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD
newyevon2 wrote: you hit it on the nose with that :)
EatsCookies wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" I thought that was just me!
Xtudo wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD"

LOL You said it all! :D
BronzeKnight wrote: This is so true.
mtandrew wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" - VarsityChaos

THIS IS SO TRUE
DFX2K9 wrote: The CTD gambling is real. It's like an addiction, but you mainly loose time and not money.
badkrma wrote: @ VarsityChaos YES! this is how I play these games exactly... I've yet to finish the game and all DLC ... I spend more time trying out mods and then restarting than actual playing... love this site :)
Bob100 wrote: LOLz RIP 2 ya pc hard drive
iCrassa wrote: Hopefully less of the CTD on this version ;)
harosokman wrote: The old motto, "Mod it till it breaks" all over again...

Hopefully less of the CTD on this version ;)

We're talking about Zeni-Beth, yeah? Somehow, someway, they will find a way to ctd or bug you into Oblivion, even if they have to invent some. :p Edited by DownBeatBeatDown

Wish they did this with Oblivion or Morrowind instead. If one plays Skyrim on Windows 7, this special edition doesn't bring much new to the table, assuming they're using ENBboost and the memory fix among other things. Though due to the memory issue with all directx9 games on Windows 8, 8.1, and 10, them re-releasing it on Directx11 is nice. I'm more worried that Skyrim will go wonky on SE if you have higher than 60 FPS, (unless you use NVIDIA Inspector, V-sync doesn't fix this.) The 60fps thing is also an issue on Fallout 4, to which I had to fix it by setting my FPS to 90, even then some of the computer terminals had issues. (It's like they don't even care that some pc gamers have monitors with 144hz, which makes 60FPS limiting rather noticeable and irritating.) There's also the issue of SLI, some people use multiple graphics cards, theres not too many issues with it in Skyrim, but it does cause the water to glitch with random ripples. Skyrim plays like a console port rather than a PC game.

I hope someone comes out with a script cleaner for this version of Skyrim as well, otherwise orphan scripts cause issues if you got enough of them.(This wasn't an issue in Oblivion as it never saved them like Skyrim does. Guess you'll just have to always make a save before adding in a mod, like you already should do just incase.)

Going to stick with playing Oblivion or Morrowind until all the mods and issues are fixed, which will probably take a couple of months. I'm glad the Nexus already has things setup in advance. Thank you for all your hard work.

In response to post #43594655.

Pixeldust wrote: Wish they did this with Oblivion or Morrowind instead. If one plays Skyrim on Windows 7, this special edition doesn't bring much new to the table, assuming they're using ENBboost and the memory fix among other things. Though due to the memory issue with all directx9 games on Windows 8, 8.1, and 10, them re-releasing it on Directx11 is nice. I'm more worried that Skyrim will go wonky on SE if you have higher than 60 FPS, (unless you use NVIDIA Inspector, V-sync doesn't fix this.) The 60fps thing is also an issue on Fallout 4, to which I had to fix it by setting my FPS to 90, even then some of the computer terminals had issues. (It's like they don't even care that some pc gamers have monitors with 144hz, which makes 60FPS limiting rather noticeable and irritating.) There's also the issue of SLI, some people use multiple graphics cards, theres not too many issues with it in Skyrim, but it does cause the water to glitch with random ripples. Skyrim plays like a console port rather than a PC game.

I hope someone comes out with a script cleaner for this version of Skyrim as well, otherwise orphan scripts cause issues if you got enough of them.(This wasn't an issue in Oblivion as it never saved them like Skyrim does. Guess you'll just have to always make a save before adding in a mod, like you already should do just incase.)

Going to stick with playing Oblivion or Morrowind until all the mods and issues are fixed, which will probably take a couple of months. I'm glad the Nexus already has things setup in advance. Thank you for all your hard work.

The fact is making Skyrim Remastered takes a lot less effort than making Oblivion or Morrowind remastered, since half the work was already done due to using Skyrim to test FO4's engine.

In response to post #43594655. #43594905 is also a reply to the same post.

Pixeldust wrote: Wish they did this with Oblivion or Morrowind instead. If one plays Skyrim on Windows 7, this special edition doesn't bring much new to the table, assuming they're using ENBboost and the memory fix among other things. Though due to the memory issue with all directx9 games on Windows 8, 8.1, and 10, them re-releasing it on Directx11 is nice. I'm more worried that Skyrim will go wonky on SE if you have higher than 60 FPS, (unless you use NVIDIA Inspector, V-sync doesn't fix this.) The 60fps thing is also an issue on Fallout 4, to which I had to fix it by setting my FPS to 90, even then some of the computer terminals had issues. (It's like they don't even care that some pc gamers have monitors with 144hz, which makes 60FPS limiting rather noticeable and irritating.) There's also the issue of SLI, some people use multiple graphics cards, theres not too many issues with it in Skyrim, but it does cause the water to glitch with random ripples. Skyrim plays like a console port rather than a PC game.

pokenar wrote: The fact is making Skyrim Remastered takes a lot less effort than making Oblivion or Morrowind remastered, since half the work was already done due to using Skyrim to test FO4's engine.

its no that bethesda doesnt care about 144hz pc games, its that the engine doesn't play well with anything above 60fps. If you look closely with fo4 the physics on object actually speed up wityh higher that 60fps. Its an engine limitation and I hope they make a new engine for there next fo or elder scrolls gam

Hey, I'm a little uncertain about Mod Organizer. I'm sure someone else has already asked, but I can't Find the questions and/or answers. Will there be some way to keep the mods for Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition seperate? Will you be able to launch Skyrims Special Editions's script extender from Mod Organizer apart form SKSE? Will I need to reinstall Mod Organizer? Hopefully someone can help me clear up some confusion on this. BTW, I'm super pumped up for the release in two days!! :happy:

In response to post #43594655. #43594905, #43595235 are all replies on the same post.

pokenar wrote: The fact is making Skyrim Remastered takes a lot less effort than making Oblivion or Morrowind remastered, since half the work was already done due to using Skyrim to test FO4's engine.
Tanner811 wrote: its no that bethesda doesnt care about 144hz pc games, its that the engine doesn't play well with anything above 60fps. If you look closely with fo4 the physics on object actually speed up wityh higher that 60fps. Its an engine limitation and I hope they make a new engine for there next fo or elder scrolls gam

I think your confusing Havok with Beth, new flash Bethesda don't own the Skyrim Game Physic. It rented, complain to Havok, not Bethesda.