Skyrim Special Edition site launch

SirSalami

In response to post #43585410. #43588180 is also a reply to the same post.

TKHBMVP wrote: So am I right, that SSE mods will not be manageable with NMM, as I started to hit ... Download with Manager ..., nothing happend after NMM has been started.
Will it work when SSE has been activiated / installed on Oct 28? Even I have it already on my library since today?
Loxus wrote: NMM probably hasn't gotten support for Skyrim SE yet

We’ve been working on Skyrim: Special Edition support for Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) - and we should be ready to release it shortly after the game launches once we have tested everything on the release version of the game.

From above story. Last paragraph.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43582735. #43584850, #43585475 are all replies on the same post.

tincan0678 wrote:

I can put my worry's to rest as well now that I know that I can have both SSE and Skyrim Legendary Edition in my library as well, I also wanted to know if SSE will also have it's own Creation kit to download Via Steam

Razgreaz wrote: In case you haven't found out yet there is a new creation kit for SSE, not sure where one would download it as i'm not a modder.
grc472 wrote: It should be available on Steam in the Tools list, but last I checked it isn't there yet. Hopefully they'll put it up on Friday.

it will be under bethesdas.net laincher same with fallout 4

In response to post #43585410. #43588180, #43588355 are all replies on the same post.

TKHBMVP wrote: So am I right, that SSE mods will not be manageable with NMM, as I started to hit ... Download with Manager ..., nothing happend after NMM has been started.
Will it work when SSE has been activiated / installed on Oct 28? Even I have it already on my library since today?
JeorgErsteman wrote: We’ve been working on Skyrim: Special Edition support for Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) - and we should be ready to release it shortly after the game launches once we have tested everything on the release version of the game.

That's very obvious ;-) ... hopefully I will be able to manage all SSE mods with NMM ... don't like to wait until they are ready with a complete new version of NMM somewhere in the future. Edited by TKHBMVP

In response to post #43585410. #43588180, #43588355, #43588875 are all replies on the same post.

JeorgErsteman wrote: We’ve been working on Skyrim: Special Edition support for Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) - and we should be ready to release it shortly after the game launches once we have tested everything on the release version of the game.

TKHBMVP wrote: That's very obvious ;-) ... hopefully I will be able to manage all SSE mods with NMM ... don't like to wait until they are ready with a complete new version of NMM somewhere in the future.

OK, so going to wait ....

In response to post #43577085. #43577750, #43580735, #43584580, #43585305, #43586030, #43586350 are all replies on the same post.

aero64 wrote: So i need install all of my 5435465465465489 mods from Skyrim to SSE? OMG :(
VarsityChaos wrote: Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD
newyevon2 wrote: you hit it on the nose with that :)
EatsCookies wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" I thought that was just me!
Xtudo wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD"

LOL You said it all! :D
BronzeKnight wrote: This is so true.
mtandrew wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" - VarsityChaos

THIS IS SO TRUE

The CTD gambling is real. It's like an addiction, but you mainly loose time and not money.

In response to post #43577085. #43577750, #43580735, #43584580, #43585305, #43586030, #43586350, #43589805 are all replies on the same post.

aero64 wrote: So i need install all of my 5435465465465489 mods from Skyrim to SSE? OMG :(
VarsityChaos wrote: Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD
EatsCookies wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" I thought that was just me!
Xtudo wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD"

mtandrew wrote: "Hey, that's the fun part. You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD" - VarsityChaos

THIS IS SO TRUE
DFX2K9 wrote: The CTD gambling is real. It's like an addiction, but you mainly loose time and not money.

@ VarsityChaos YES! this is how I play these games exactly... I've yet to finish the game and all DLC ... I spend more time trying out mods and then restarting than actual playing... love this site :)

In response to post #43577085. #43577750, #43580735, #43584580, #43585305, #43586030, #43586350, #43589805, #43589925 are all replies on the same post.

THIS IS SO TRUE
DFX2K9 wrote: The CTD gambling is real. It's like an addiction, but you mainly loose time and not money.
badkrma wrote: @ VarsityChaos YES! this is how I play these games exactly... I've yet to finish the game and all DLC ... I spend more time trying out mods and then restarting than actual playing... love this site :)

LOLz RIP 2 ya pc hard drive

In response to post #43577085. #43577750, #43580735, #43584580, #43585305, #43586030, #43586350, #43589805, #43589925, #43591335 are all replies on the same post.

THIS IS SO TRUE
badkrma wrote: @ VarsityChaos YES! this is how I play these games exactly... I've yet to finish the game and all DLC ... I spend more time trying out mods and then restarting than actual playing... love this site :)
Bob100 wrote: LOLz RIP 2 ya pc hard drive

Hopefully less of the CTD on this version ;)

In response to post #43579920. #43582520 is also a reply to the same post.

tadcaster wrote:

I guess one big question is how our current mods will play out in SSE. Some post say no problem, some say that they will have to be manually reformatted or the game will "Hang".
I guess I will find out when I try to play it Tomorrow night. I am kind of commented now to SSE as I have ordered up grades to my PC (Graphics card an better, larger Disk).

Will the Nexus, and the Mod manager now need a new category for SSE mods? Lots of unknowns right now

DownBeatBeatDown wrote: Expect much to require updating. Here's Arthmoor's outline on AFK for you to read over:

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4633-skyrim-se-things-to-know-when-converting-standard-mods-to-sse/

Disclaimer: I'm not an insider, and what I've laid out was gleaned from hearsay, not direct & specific knowledge of mine own.

Condensed summary vers:

- Meshes "may" need to be updated, that's not definitive at this point, and hasn't been elaborated on in a while.

- .tga texture files need converting to .dds formats. There aren't many of these used in Skyrim (npc's most notably), so not a big concern. Compressed textures are going to have to be recompressed in the newer, used by FO4, ATI2N/BC5 format from what I've been told. No confirmation on that so far as I know.

- Plugins need updating in the new CK, as well as facegen files. Expect perhaps more than that.

- Scripting's good to go, but anything SKSE based is going to be a bit. It's going to, at the very least need recompiling, probably more (not a programmer myself). Hopefully. I've not seen any plans for SKSE's dev, but I also haven't looked in depth to find out either.

- Anything that adds to the landscaping is going to be problematic, there's loads of new clutter according to insiders.

- Animations; they're screwed, & totally incompatible until a workaround, likely a conversion tool is in play. I don't keep up with FO4 (dropped it like a hot rock after 80 hrs or so), so I'm unaware if there is a tool in existence, and further whether it's usable for S:SE in any case.

Contrary to what's been said officially about "most mods being compatible" out of the box, it's not appearing there was but a grain of truth in that statement. Most can be relatively pain free to make compatible, & that's the good part, I guess.

Compressed textures are going to have to be recompressed in the newer, used by FO4, ATI2N/BC5 format from what I've been told. No confirmation on that so far as I know.

Nope. SSE isn't using the new BC7 compression. It's standard run of the mill DXT1/DXT3/DXT5 like everyone has been using for years.