A Letter From a Friend

billyro

You know how that courier runs up to you and says "I've got a letter for you, your eyes only..." or something like that. The letter is always the same. Yeah, you are dragon born and you did a shout in this place, and I want to see you get stronger, go to this place and find the word wall. Sincerely, a friend.

WHO IS THE FRIEND?!?!

I thought it would probably have been Hadvar or Ralof, and I've yet to find any proof. So basically, who is it OR who do you think it is?

Once you've retrieved the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller and followed up on the quest results, its pretty obvious who it is.

You know how that courier runs up to you and says "I've got a letter for you, your eyes only..." or something like that. The letter is always the same. Yeah, you are dragon born and you did a shout in this place, and I want to see you get stronger, go to this place and find the word wall. Sincerely, a friend.

WHO IS THE FRIEND?!?!

I thought it would probably have been Hadvar or Ralof, and I've yet to find any proof. So basically, who is it OR who do you think it is?

Once you've retrieved the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller and followed up on the quest results, its pretty obvious who it is.

It's not Delphine. The letters still come after you've discovered Delphine is a Blade and she wants you to kill Paarthurnax. It doesn't seem to make sense. Just coincidence the letter replacing the Horn was also signed by 'A friend'. I still think it's the Courier.

At first I thought it was the warlock who set a trap at one location because it was my first letter and he said that people can't resist his trap, but after killing him I got the exact same letter for another location.

Funny, too, once I was hiding and in stealth sneaking around, then that courier popped up behind me... he's badass amazing! He totally could've killed me if he wanted to.

It's not Delphine because she doesn't trust you yet. Remember, she still needs to see for herself, which comes later.

I think it's Esbern, he's so into the Dragon lore and Dragonborn, but he wouldn't want Delphine to know he's helping you since you're supposed to kill Paarthurnax.

On the other hand, it COULD be Balgruuf's court wizard, he also seems to be very into Dragon lore and he did know where the dragon stone was.

On the other hand, it COULD be Balgruuf's court wizard, he also seems to be very into Dragon lore and he did know where the dragon stone was.

Only because Delphine told him, she is standing behind his desk talking to him when you return from Bleak Falls Barrow.

Only because Delphine told him, she is standing behind his desk talking to him when you return from Bleak Falls Barrow.

Quikyblonde might not had known by already having the stone upon being introduced to Farengar, the court wizard. If you have the stone when given the quest, you can just hand it to him on the spot and Delphine isn't there. I didn't know about Delphine being there until one of my recent restarts the other day since the trader in Riverwood always pressures me into getting his claw back which sends you to the location of the Dragon Stone.