⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The WORST Game Ever

thekid345

I'm probably going to catch some flak for this but here goes...How about Deus Ex: Invisible War?

I'd certainly say this is a top candidate for the worst sequel ever... To tell the truth, I only played the demo, but my complete disappointment in it left an ill taste in my mouth for months. Such a fantastic game spawned a completely unworthy sequel (obviously suffering from consolitis). Very sad.

You're lucky. At least you didn't actually pay for it(Like I did):wallbash:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quotes from seanbaby.com that I agree with.

Years ago, a group of cruel scientists kidnapped a retarded kid, blindfolded him, filled his helmet with bees, and demanded that he draw cartoons. Those cartoons were later used as The Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon cutscenes.

The gameplay is almost as deep and engaging as flipping from one option to the next on a DVD menu. Say for instance one person was playing Zelda: Wand of Gamelon, and another person was telling Terminator 2 to be played in French, then English, then French again, they'd both be having the same amount of fun. However, once the second person actually started watching Terminator 2 in French, they'd be having approximately 927,087 times more fun.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm probably going to catch some flak for this but here goes...How about Deus Ex: Invisible War?

I'd certainly say this is a top candidate for the worst sequel ever... To tell the truth, I only played the demo, but my complete disappointment in it left an ill taste in my mouth for months. Such a fantastic game spawned a completely unworthy sequel (obviously suffering from consolitis). Very sad.

You're lucky. At least you didn't actually pay for it(Like I did):wallbash:

I liked Invisibe war but I bought it for the Xbox. (didn't have a comp back then) I didn't have ANY of the problems you mentioned in your first post about it. The AI seemed decent, the powers were fun, the weapon selection was nice, I thought it had a good story line, and I liked the level design such as the Archology and Antarctica. My vote for worst game (that I have played) would be Dead 2 rights. It was a cheap knock off of Max Payne and the ONLY game I have never finished because I gave up on it.

I liked Invisibe war but I bought it for the Xbox. (didn't have a comp back then) I didn't have ANY of the problems you mentioned in your first post about it.

They fixed many of the bugs when they ported it to the Xbox, but numerous patches still left the PC version buggy.

The AI seemed decent, the powers were fun, the weapon selection was nice, I thought it had a good story line, and I liked the level design such as the Archology and Antarctica.

The AI was decent, but there were absolutely no noticeable changes from the first game(Which was released 13 years prior). The augmentations were cool, but none of them (at least not to me) felt as thought out as those in the predecessor. In the original, I felt there was a usefull need for almost every single one of the augmentations. Not so much in the second game.

The story line was good, but like the augmentations, I never felt that it was quite as fleshed out as it did in the original. In the first game, choices you made could wind up having a profound impact on how certain points in the game turned out(wether or not Jock died, If you recieved Gunthers kill Phrase or not, If Paul died, etc.). But in IW, things played out pretty much the same way no matter what you did(With obvious exception of the choices made in the last level).

The weapon selection was reduced in the second game as well. You had a:Shock prod, Shotgun, Sniper rifle, Rocket Launcher, Pistol, (Various melee weapons), Flamethrower, and SMG(I think thats all, but I may have forgotten something.) In the original, you had: Shock prod, 2 types of shotguns, Sniper rifle, Gep gun(rocket launcher), Flamethrower, Crossbow, 2 types of Pistols, (Various melee weapons), Assault rifle(SMG),and LAW(One-shot and very powerful rocket launcher). I will concede that IW had a superior selection of various grenade and wall-mine types. I had lots of fun with them.

I hated the removal of the skill system as well. You used to be rewarded for going out of your way to explore every nook and cranny of a level, but not in IW. You couldn't build your character to your personal play style(as much) and everybody had identical skill sets, without the option for improvment (in an RPG, I can't see that as being anything but bad). A guy who had just started the game could pick a lock just as well as a guy who was in the final stages of the game.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game, and it had its merits. But as a long time fan of the original, It was a letdown to me.

Cutthroats - PC. (Windows 95, 98 SE, 2000, ME XP)

Gameplay: 6

Graphics: 1

Sound: 4

Overall: 4.5

These Graphics are the worst in what I've seen in a very long time. But It was a very addicting game even if it did have crappy graphics

Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars

Gameplay: 1

Graphics: 4

Sound: 2

Gameplay: Your troops run away if they fail to fire their weapons before the enemy

Graphics.. Not too bad they are ok considering how bad gameplay and sound is

Sound: Can be a bit jumpy at time due to some glitches

Cossacks: European Wars (Addons- The Art of War and Back to War)

Gameplay: 8

Graphics: 5

Sound: 9

Overall: 7.5-8

The first version of the game was amazing. especially back in 2002 when it was created. So many nations and units to choose from. Epic campaigns

----

Empire Earth OWNS! The whole entire first series kicks ass!

Assassin's Creed- Xbox 360 + Playstation 3

Gameplay: 2

Graphics: 8

Sound: 7

Overall: 5

Yeah, this game was fun after the first couple of Assassinations, but it was so damn repetative!!!!!

---

HOW can you NOT like Prince of Persia?!?! I'm dissapointed in you man :( lol

The Bible games from Wisdom Tree are just ripoffs of other games. The Nintendo Nerd here can explain it all. Even they were making it without Nintendo's permission. The games from WT are just,,, plain weird.

Note : He discussed this at December 25, 2006

WARNING : Contains coarse language. Watch at your own risk.

I have to agree with the E.T. game.

For those of you fortunate to have not been born in that era, here is something to torture yourself with. Yes, the game was actually that irritating:

Although, if a game was ever released with this as a cut-scene, I would have to change my vote: